Ratings for Dr. David Baron

Dr. David Baron receives wonderful reviews, for the most part. I generally give as much credit as I possibly can, but not in this case. Three years ago, I was in a life-altering car collision; I was rear-ended three consecutive times. From being a perfectly healthy 28-year-old man I have gone to being a handicapped old man living inside a young man's body. With incessant, paralyzing lower back pain and unrelenting digestive troubles, I have become a shadow of my former self. Prescription painkillers, pain clinics and hospitals have been unable to help or subdue the pain. One of the primary symptoms has been my sudden intolerance of nearly all foods, and primarily fibers. Fruit, vegetables, grains have all become poisons to my system. Dr. Baron (and I use the title "Dr." diplomatically) refused my request for a colonoscopy, dismissed my suggestion this could have been a tailbone issue, and ruled out the possibility of a connection between the digestive and lower back pain. His diagnosis? IBS. His treatment plan? Fiber treatment with 3 tablespoons of Metamucil per meal. All specialists and lawyers I have gone to since have asked, "Was he trying to kill you?" Needless to say, if your body cannot tolerate fiber, fiber therapy isn't the way to go. My symptoms were aggravated, and this "therapy" landed me in the hospital and resulted in my being more ill than ever for the following 6 months. As it turned out, IBS was never my concern, but an out-of-place coccyx , resulting inflammation, bruised muscles and damaged nerves, and a resulting barrage of symptoms. I am now in the process of attempting to get better, a one-day-at-a-time battle, but out of the entirety of my suffering, this has been my poorest experience. Or, if you use the words of the lawyer of the defendant of all people, "With such lazy diagnosis and 'treatment,' you're lucky he didn't end your life.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

When a doctor takes the time and make sure all your questions are answered - you may have to wait a bit to be seen - I sure prefer it that way.Dr Baron takes the time - and so does his stuff - I appreciate it and consider myself lucky to be treated by him - he is knowledgeable caring and as kind as can be - thanks.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Been followed for 10+years by Dr.baron. he is just great! Got multiple gastrologist before him. They were all bad compare to him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Terrible service. Takes forever to actually be able to talk to the receptionist as most of the time it is sent to a voicemail which you will never get a call back for. You will wait at least an hour from your given appointment time. Money Greedy Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Super sweet staff. Was seen on time. Was out after 30 minutes. Doctor was very knowledgeable and kind. Great experience!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Found Dr.Baron to be sensitive, polite, has a warm smile, listens to me, concerned,. Tries to answer questions. Tries deal with anxious patients and be reassuring.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr Baron has been my gastroenerologist for over 20 yrs! I have a very rare condition and he worked with my team of surgeons at toronto General and Mt Sinai! I never have a problem getting an appointment he previous secretary Sofi I will miss dearly! So I am assuming if you are all having problems with his staff this is due to transition!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Worst bedside manner I've ever seen. Makes you feel like an idiot for asking questions. Expect you to follow his recommendations unwaveringly and to never second-guess his recommendations. Four people going through serious G.I. issues, which often includes a significant emotional component, this is not the guy to go to.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

The rudest staff with the most outrageous and infuriating phone policy. What they do not seem to realize is that our taxes pay their salaries and they in fact work for us.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Hard to get an appointment, but Dr. D.Baron is a very knolegeagle,caring,respectful doctor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016