Ratings for Dr. Rivian Weinerman

Dr. Weinerman is a devoted care giver and outstanding leader in her field. I do hope that she will continue to advocate for quality and (just as important) continuity of mental health care - lest our best and most qualified medical professionals be turned into assembly line 'treat and street' type clinicians who assess/prescribe/bounce the patient back to the outside where expert care is not available from a family doctor whose model of practice is not set up to handle mental health care. The medicare system has changed radically in the last decade so that independent psychotherapy with a qualified psychiatrist like Dr. Weinerman is fast becoming a thing of the past. Unfortunately, the government has tied the hands of psychiatrists with funding cuts... If we are short of psychiatrists we need to do all we can to pave the way for young doctors to choose this specialty. If we are short of funding - the government needs to step up or I fear the long-term repercussions to our community.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Dr. Weinerman is a very warm, friendly, compassionate female/psychiatrist. I had the pleasure to be interviewed/assessed by her a few years ago, when I was admitted to the old Eric Martin Pavilion (EMP),& was suffering from a bad reaction to an anti-psychotic drug. Unfortunately, I was too upset to request her as my psychiatrist at that time. Dr. Weinerman doesn't have that so typical of shrinks, highly arrogant, condescending attitude, where because a person suffering from a mental disorder, is considered to be of low intelligence, thus isn't competent to participate in their mental health care decisions. If you need a "top notch" highly intelligent female "psychiatrist", I can highly recommend Dr. Weinerman!!! She does/did, have a private office. The new Patient Care Centre is a "locked" ward, so I wouldn't recommend going there just yet, as it's like a box of chocolates, where you don't know if you're going to get one of the best psychiatrists there. Tks again Dr. Weinerman!!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012