Ratings for Dr. Khalid Ansari

I have thought about having surgery on my nose since I broke it 30 years ago. I have had several consultations. Once I met Dr ansari and discussed with him my concerns I felt 100 percent confident with him. He is extremely knowledgable and very very meticulous, It is so wonderful when you feel so respected by such a warm,kind and knowledgable surgeon. He takes the TIME you need to feel heard. I am so happy with my surgery!! And would recommend Dr. Ansari to my best friend. Dr. Ansaris team of staff are also very organized ,friendly and efficient.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Ansari was highly recommended to me by another ENT. I had my first consultation with Dr. Ansari in the summer of 2010. During that meeting I found Dr. Ansari to be very informative and he was also very gentle while handing my nose. After my initial meeting with Dr. Ansari it was decided that I needed a septoplasty. However, I made the decision that I would get a septorhinoplasty as there were some esthetical issues that had been bothering me. Once I had informed Dr. Ansari about my decision to have a septorhinoplasty he was able to use a computer program to show me what kind of results I could expect. Being able to see what my face would look like after the alterations really helped to put me at ease. The surgery took place in May of 2011. About a week after my surgery I had a severe dermatological reaction to polysporin. I was quickly able to get an appointment to see Dr. Ansari and he immediately got me an appointment to see a dermatologist for that exact same day. I was really impressed by how quickly Dr. Ansari got this issue resolved. A few months after having the surgery, I went back to see Dr. Ansari for my checkup. At this point I wasn't entirely happy with the results from a functional or esthetical perspective. I was nervous telling Dr. Ansari about how I wasn't satisfied as the issues were minor (most of my friends and family didn't even notice the imperfections until I pointed them out.) I can be a bit of a perfectionist so I was worried that he wouldn't consider a revision necessary. Dr. Ansari ended up being very approachable and I was extremely pleased when he told me that he wanted to fix both my functional and esthetical issues. This really proved to me that Dr. Ansari wants his patients to be satisfied and that he takes pride in his work. My one complaint about this whole process was the amount of time that it took from when we decided that I needed a revision (summer of 2011) to getting the second surgery (December of 2015.) I believe this delay was due to the administrative assistant that previously worked for Dr. Ansari. I felt like that no matter how many times I emailed or called this administrative assistant that I would never receive a surgery date from her. Thankfully, the old administrative assistant was replaced in the spring of 2015 and the new administrative assistant was very helpful with trying to get me a surgery date. My second surgery ended up being several hours long. He could have done a partial fix that would have only taken a few hours, but he went the extra mile to get me the results that I wanted. I am so thankful that Dr. Ansari did this. It has been almost three months since my surgery and I am very happy with the results. Dr. Ansari is very personable and cares for his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Ansari because of his dedication to making sure that his patients are satisfied.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I waited for 3 years to see Dr. Ansari. When it was "my turn" his staff was very apologetic for the wait list that is very much out of his control. I would never put my deviated septum and rhinoplasty over anyone's cancer or severe accident. He is very much worth the wait. He is incredibly friendly and professional. His standards are the highest I have ever known. He went through every aspect and contingency that he could think of to prepare me and my family as much as possible. He gave me his personal cell phone in case I should ever need it after surgery which was very impressive to me as I felt very important to him, not just a "nose". My surgery itself presented some complications that needed correction and he had to use part of my rib for my nose. He was thoughtful enough with the scar that I can still wear a bikini top and not be conscience of it. During my follow ups he was attentive to my family and very thorough with the examinations and was forthcoming with what to expect next. Due to severe swelling during my procedure, one of my nostrils is slightly "off" the other. I believe in my heart this bothers him more than me. He is such a perfectionist that he has planned the procedure on how to repair this minor issue. I am so happy he is my doctor. Please if you are on his wait list do not loose your patience. He will change your life!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I saw Dr. Ansari for a septoplasty... but woke up with a butchered rhinoplasty that had never been discussed before surgery. I never complained to him about the appearance of my nose but during surgery he decided to use some extra cartilage for my 'saddle deformity'. He over-corrected it and now I have a huge unnatural bump on my nose. Be careful to explicitly say exactly what you want and do not want in surgery- or better yet find another doctor who will stick to the agreed upon procedure, and who wont completely ruin the appearance of your nose.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I don't think that there are many MDs like Dr. Ansari. He's extremely passionate about his profession and very very knowledgeable in his field. I've had a couple of procedures performed by Dr. Ansari and I would highly recommend him to any one seeking an ENT and Otolaryngologist.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr. Ansari is great! I had multiple surgeries done by him and he was awesome. Aside from the fact that he certainly knows what he is doing, he is compassionate as well. I just can't thank him enough for a job well done! I don't mind waiting for him during the consultations, as I fully understand that he always takes time with his patients. I will be seeing him again next year. He is simply the best.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr .Ansari is an amazing doctor, who not only takes pride in his work but is extremely very good at what he does. He performed a forehead flap in a 41/2 hr surgery, My husband just had the stitches taken out and is on his way to healing. I can not thank him enough, I am so glad we live in the country that we do. As for Rebecca, very caring person but needs to get her format on what has to be done BEFORE surgery can even happen (a to do list would be great) Thanks again for everything, we owe you big time!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

I have never met Dr Ansari because after 45 minutes of waiting for my "first appointment of the day" appointment, he still hadn't wandered into work. I have spent well over 500 hours waiting for doctors in the last two years for other issues and this is the first time I have felt this irate and disrespected. After waiting a half an hour I approached reception about if he was running late, was told "we are not sure where he is, but this happens a lot". Waited another 10 minutes still nothing, now I know how the medical profession works and sometimes there are emergencies and patients that need immediate attention - this was not one of those scenarios. This is just a man who can't get out of bed and be at work to respect his patient's time. I have more to do in my life than to sit around and wait so this guy can make a few hundred bucks by consulting on my issues. There are consequences for me being late at work and there should be for you too. I had to take time off work, drive a half hour, pay for parking and sit and wait for you to essentially not show up for my appointment. If the tables were turned and I didn't show up, I might be charged for missing the appointment yet there is no consequence for you except this bad review on a website. Shame on you Dr Khalid Ansari! thankfully is receptionist was very empathetic and understanding.

Submitted October 22, 2015

Just had my initial consultation with Dr. Ansari and all I have to say is wow! He is the most intelligent and detailed Doctor I have ever met! I have had a broken crooked nose since I was 10, and have seen 3 different ents (2 in the us and I in Alberta) since that time. Each surgery has been unsuccessful in correcting my deviated septum and breathing issues. I finally feel as though I have found the right man and am in good hands. Even the student Doctor who he was training was very impressed. This man knows he stuff! Although I am having to pay for a portion of the surgery because of the appearance issues of my nose being addressed as well, I know it will be well worth in improving the overall quality of my life.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Ansari has operated on me twice and both times he has shown compassion and he really cares about his patients needs. I would recommend him to any one. Thanks again doc I owe you big time.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015