Ratings for Dr. Michael Layland

I've been going to this practice for nearly 20 years. Yesterday I had a really negative experience with Dr. Layland and his staff. This was never the case several years ago. Dr. Layland is not incompetent, he chose not to be helpful after I declined an expensive test that wasn't covered by my insurance. As for the hearing test that I refused, I clearly heard you utter "f***" under your breath after you exited the room. So my hearing is still pretty sharp doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Horrifically insensitive, not a human being, should not be a doctor. Worst experience with a doctor ever. I came in with an emergency situation, and he did not even want to listen to what I had to say. He made me wait over 45 minutes and then proceeded to rush me out in ten. If I had not spent a few minutes describing my symptoms, he would have had me out the door in 5 minutes or less. He took my 200 dollars up front, and acted as if his time was more valuable than that. He is not a doctor who is interested in helping his patients, he is strictly in it to make as much money as he can. He works in an office with three other doctors who are a million times better, and who care about people. He brings down the office, and the hospital he works in. Lutheran General hospital has an outstanding reputation and I am shocked that they would allow someone like this to practice there. He also gave me a prescription for a medicine I told him was not working, and which causes me to bleed. Unreal.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

Unresponsive and unknowledgeable. Most importantly, no caring for the patients whatsoever. This sentiment was vocally echoed by other patients in his office. Appointment took hours with no resolution. Said he followed up with me, but didn't. Refused to speak with me directly over the phone.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Dr. Michael Layland's Credentials

• Illinois Medical College (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Park Ridge, IL