Ratings for Dr. Alpa S. Patel

Have been going to her for a few years after friend of mine who is a registered nurse and knows about doctors around town recommended me Dr. Patel. She seems to care and be knowledgeable. She even does my pop smear.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Patel has done two eye surgeries on me and has given me almost perfect vision. She is kind, considerate and did not talk down to me as she explained the procedures. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

I had Dr. A Patel (aka Alpa or Alpha) early this year. I had blurred vision and she quickly diagnosed that I had an eye allergy on one eye, and prescribed expensive medications. She made the diagnosis based on the fact that she personally also had eye allergy. Two weeks passed and my vision didn't get better so I went to get a second opinion. The doctor found the root of the problem-- hair ingrowth, which was pulled out. A few months passed by I had the same problem and went to another clinic, not realizing that Patel also worked there. ONCE AGAIN she diagnosed that I had an eye allergy. I pointed that allergy would usually occur on both eyes, and she said yes, and defended that if she saw the hair, she would have pulled it out already. She was quite upset that I told her that she misdiagnosed. She's the most impatient doctor I have ever met in my life, and she is very insulting. She kept saying that she's busy and need to go. I would never go to her again.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2006

Dr. Alpa S. Patel's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1996)

AARP