Ratings for Dr. Allison Dougherty

Allison and her team are amazing. I had my second daughter at home, surrounded by the warmth, wisdom, and expertise of these loving midwives. Not only did I feel 100 percent supported throughout my pregnancy and birth, but the care my baby and I received during the postpartum period was superb as well. My baby joined us without complication, but I was completely confident that if any problems had arisen, Allison and her team were highly trained, skilled, and capable of addressing them - either at home or by transferring to a hospital. I would (and in fact, did!) highly recommend this team of incredible midwives to my very best friends (she's already loving the care she's receiving and I can't wait for her to feel the circle of support around her when she gives birth in November.)

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Allison is amazing! Her team is amazing! They are warm and welcoming and provided excellent care throughout my pregnancy. She is incredibly knowledgeable and was very helpful in assisting me in my natural birth. Definitely recommend her service if you are looking for an excellent midwife in the St. Louis area!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

BEWARE of thisidwife, especially if you live in IL!!!!! I met her in my 3rd trimester. I asked for a website &/or a list of services with fees and she never replied to this. I went to 6 visits with her before I lost confidence in her expertise (& after her assistant told me in my 9th month that, since it's illegal to do a home birth in IL where I live, that they "strongly prefer" that I go to a hotel room in St Louis to deliver). The morning my water broke I realized I had no confidence in her so I drive myself to the hospital & ended up having a successful birth. When I later talked to Allison she insisted I pay half (to include $200/hr for each visit??). NO WAY. We later agreed in a few to pay her (which I was VERY generous) but I am glad I did not trust my birth experience with her. I have since found other midwives in St Louis who seem so much more legit...I'd recommend checking them out before wasting your $ and time on this one.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015