Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Teitge

Dr. Teitge, is probably the best orthopedic surgeon in the country, when it comes to patellofemoral disorders or lower limb malignments. I'm a patient of Dr. Teitge, and I must say he spends all the time you need and answers all your questions. He is the premiere orthoepdic/ sports medicine specialist in the state of michigan and does alot of high profile cases. He is worth the wait, yes his surgical waiting list is almost a year long, but again , he is worth the wait. He has great bedside manners. He has patients from all over the country to come see him. I'm proud to say, that Dr. Teitge is my surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Dr. Teitge performed a surgery on each of my knees to correct a problem I had where my knee cap would dislocate from time to time because my tendons were pulling it to the outside. He resolved a problem I thought I would have for life. My knees were not only secure and stabilized by the surgery but I never experience any residual pain or limitations of motion or movement. In May 2011, it will be the 20 year anniversary of my first Dr. Teitge surgery. Teitge is absolutely the very best. Prior to seeing him, I saw about 6 other so-called superior specialists in the orthopedic knee world. Greatest single health decision I ever made and it changed my life.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. Teitge performed 12 surgeries in 2 1/2 years on my legs to correct birth defects. He is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. His bedside manner is like no other physician I have ever encountered. His knowledge of the bones and the way they should be corrected is amazing. He is meticulous with his surgeries. I had very minimal to no swelling and bruising after each of my surgeries and I had extensive surgeries. I work in a hospital and have worked with many physicians in my 30 years and there is no other doctor like Dr. Teitge. He is exlemplary!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Dr. Teitge has gotten me back on my "knnees' litterally. Giving me the ability to continus in my bodybuilding career for 22 years. NOw retired from taht sport, but still young(!) he's kept me from knee replacement, choosing a knee transplant instead. Dr. Teitge has performed numerous surgeries on my knees throughout the years and I trust him completely. The knee transplant is still fairly fresh but I am able to walk and that is wonderful!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

Very patient, encourages questions and answers all. Talented and experienced. As with any Doctor in demand, you will wait for awhile. Posts your x-rays and explains it to you thoroughly. History of being team Dr. for certain Detroit sport teams. This Dr. truly loves what he does and it shows.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Doctor Teitge is committed to his patients like no dr I've seen; a broad and sweeping statement, yes, but true. He's an outstanding, innovative surgeon, brilliant, really. He's now working with Oakwood Heritage Hosp in Taylor, MI taking major strides to improve the ortho program there. He is completely dedicated to passing on the skills and knowledge he's aquired, and to giving people options that have not before been present. He will not bend to the pressure of seeing 60-70 patients a day, and will give his patient as much time as is needed to secure an accurate diagnosis. As a result your wait time may vary from one visit to another, yet we as a patient group don't seem to mind much. He's worth it. My advice to you: Don't let anyone cut until you secure his opinion.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2009

I had a knee problem that every other knee doctor said needed surgery after just an xray. But Dr. Teitge measured my knee movements about 40 ways and said no surgery needed. Dr. Teitge showed me what stretches and exercises to do, and my knee as never been stronger. He told me that he was (at one time) the team physcian for the Los Angelos Lakers (pro basketball) and Detroit Pistons (I found him by asking the Detroit Pistons trainer).

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. Robert A. Teitge's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

• BCBS Illinois