Ratings for Dr. Hector Mejia

Dr. Mejia reattached my hamstring to my pelvis after a skateboarding incident. What was expecting to take a year of recovery turned out to be just a few months. My hamstring is great and they are working with me to resolve back pain issues suffered in the same accident. His team is great and very responsive. Sometimes it takes a little while to see him, but he spends as much time with me as he does each patient so who am I to complain! He is amazing!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Horrible. Took forever to see him and gave me the run around for 7 months to tell me he wasn’t going to do my surgery because he didn’t like my attitude. Told me to find another doctor and get them to do it.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Mejia is basically a miracle-worker. I feared my shoulder would never be the same, but after SLAP tear surgery it was better than it had been for 20 years! It's two years later, and the range of movement has only increased over time while the strength is 100%. Thanks Dr, M!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

staff takes days to get back to you and sometimes doesn't call you back at all. Never calls with results. I had to have my shoulder re-operated on at Shands Hosp. in Gainesville.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Dr. Hector Mejia's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Harvard-Pilgrim