Ratings for Dr. James Bentley

I had a TAH BSO surgery for suspected ovarian cancer. The surgery was performed on a Monday. I was discharged that Wednesday afternoon. Dr . Bentley is a compassionate and brilliant surgeon. Dr. Matei, a resident in gyne oncology, shares his qualities. The nursing team loves him. Need I say more? I am waiting for the results of the biopsies. Regardless of the outcome, I know that I am in great hands. R

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

I have been going to Dr. James Bentley for approximately 16 years - they do not come much better

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Had to see Dr. James Bentley as my surgeon is out of the office until May. When I called to booked, I was put in right away. I was nervous as he was new to me...once in the office my mind was put at ease. He was so understanding, very patient and extremely knowledgeable. His nurse was amazing.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr. Bentley has always been very professional,respectful and patient. I appreciate that he always explains what he is doing and why. When I required a surgical procedure, he was wonderful about explaining what would happen and answering questions during followup during my hospital stay and beyond. He also took the time to check in with my husband after the procedure and again when complications required a second surgery the same day. Dr. Bentley's support of both patient and family helped make a stressful time more manageable.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

All I can say is that he is wonderful in every aspect that you would want in a doctor

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

In my short acquaintance with Dr. Bentley, I found him to be a kind and caring physician. He is very relatable and has a good, wry sense of humour. I will quote from an earlier "rater" who said it very well, "...I was very lucky to have this brilliant, kind physician perform my surgery. Patients are treated with kindness & respect by his team."

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr Bentley, done a cancer surgery, on me on Nov 5th 2014, One of the best surgeon, He was the most gentle , loving man a woman woulds want to had the best care in the area of surgery, He feels the apin and cares for his patience's as if they were his own family he was taking care of , His Wife, right hand woman by his side, she is most amazing woman , So very kind, and feels the pain as we feel it , she holds your hand and wipes away any tears they may fall from your eyes I totally love Mrs James Bentley's wife for all her care and kindness , Thank you both for all your support. I would not of got through the large surgery without you both as a great team, I thank you from the top of my heart to the bottom of my heart , love you both , and thank you once again , I would recommend, Dr Bentley to treat all woman in need in his in his profession of gynecology, I give Jim Bentley a 1 million recommendation as a Gynecologist Doctor. , his caring and loving spirit will always and forever in my heart .

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Saved my life ten years ago. Still see him twice a year. I know I couldn't be in better hands.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I found Dr. Bentley caring, funny and professional. He is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He saved my life and I am grateful he preformed my surgery. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for him to tell most of his patients they have cancer...... He also has a team of wonderful young interns and residents who were all outstanding .... I hope these young doctors all stay in Nova Scotia.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Found no compassion from this doctor. Told my daughter she had months to live and slipped out the door. I don't know how these other people found him so wonderful & caring. It must have been his twin. Our daughter has since passed away, however, as a mother, I will never forget that day and how this doctor showed no empathy for my daughter or myself.

Submitted August 8, 2013