Dr. Pushda Kumara Malaviarachchi

Ratings for Dr. Pushda Kumara Malaviarachchi

Dr. Malavi has been the most patient and kind psychiatrist I have ever dealt with. I am eternally grateful to him for his help.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I was referred by my family physician. Dr Malavi is kind, caring and understanding. He is very patient. He is very knowledgeable and was able to see my very quickly. I recommend him. His staff is friendly.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Very sweet man. Had read my file over very thoroughly and was ready to help. Have to see him again as my partner has recently passed away and I can't sleep and can't stop crying. I feel fortunate to have met him.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Very professional, and refreshingly helpful. Glad to have gotten in to see him, as the appointment gave me a fresh outlook regarding my mental health.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Very knowledgeable, helpful, insightful and compassionate psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Malavi is exceptional. Professional, caring, knowledgable. His genuine concern for my health and well-being is an effective part of treatment, especially since my illness causes me to isolate myself and withdraw. Dr. Malavi is very kind.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Good and warm interactions with both patients and staff.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr. Malavi is wonderful, kind and professional. He is caring and knowledgable. He treats me with respect and as a whole person, not as a diagnosis. After many years and bad experiences with another psychiatrist, Dr. Malavi has turned my life around and I am feeling better than I ever thought possible. I am very thankful to be in Dr. Malavi's care.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Malavi was the first psychiatrist to tell me that I was doing a great job of managing my mental health. I'm used to challenging a psychiatrist somewhat as I fight to keep my level of medication as low as possible. I was expecting some degree of resistance to my plan to remain at a lower-than-therapeutic level of medication (taken in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle and emergency back-up plan), but my expectations went unmet. Dr. Malavi just politely smiled at my approach and let me know that I was at the helm of my own health and he was a part of a team helping me make decisions. He also provided (actually) helpful resources for me to access on my own -- a key ingredient for anyone interested in advocating for their own health. I found him kind, knowledgeable, encouraging and fast.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

I found Dr. Malaviarachci to be an "excellent" psychiatrist, who worked at the od Eric Martin Pavillion - now the new mental health facility - the Patient Care Centre, here in Victoria, BC. He also works at the Mental Health Centre on Trent St. He has a very friendly/warm/caring personality & a great sense of humour. One of the best shrinks that I've ever had the pleasure to meet! Unlike most of the truly arrogant Nazi-like, drug pushing/enforcing shrinks working at the EMP, now PCC, Dr. Malavi works with you to find the best med(s) for your diagnosed mental illness. I highly recommend Dr. M. Although I didn't have him for very long, the month or so where I was under his care at the EMP, he managed to get me well much faster than two other quacks that I was "assigned" to. Life is a box of chocolates when you go to the PCC, because you just never know what you're going to get assigned to you as a shrink, esp. if you don't know who the "best" shrinks are to request to see you.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2012