Ratings for Dr. Alex Polyakov

I was very impressed with Dr Alex. He thoroughly explained all surgical and medical options and asked me to choose the one that I felt was most appropriate for me. My surgery was uneventful and I recovered very well. Alex was there to answer questions and to reassure when required. A very pleasant experience all around.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2019

Alex is the most caring, compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He was recommended by my usual gynecologist when I was found to have a large fibroid that needed removal. Alex and his team promptly organized laparoscopic fibroid removal. I was out of action for about a week after surgery. Everything was done with minimal fuss and I felt total confidence in Alex’s skills.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2019

Alex was amazing and we are very grateful for his excellent care. He treater endometriosis, then guided us through the emotional and at times difficult IVF journey. When I got pregnant he expertly managed my difficult pregnancy. His office is well managed and all our appointments were on time. He delivered our precious bundle of joy calmly and with great skill. I have already recommended this great doctor to a couple of my girlfriends.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2019

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have Dr Alex Polyakov as my Obstetrician and IVF Specialist. I visited Dr Alex a couple of years back and have ever since continued under his supervision till the delivery of my recently born son (through IVF). I found Dr Alex to be extremely competent and knowledgeable in his field. He is very meticulous and to the point when providing medical advise. Would also like to mention that I have had 3 surgeries under his supervision and am very happy with the way all of them went and my post-surgery recovery

flag | Submitted September 26, 2019

I had a 12 cm fibroid removed by Dr Polyakov via key hole surgery. Great experience, was back to work in one week, minimal pain, very quick recovery. Two other gynecologists recommended an open operation with 6 weeks to recover. Great result, excellent care. I was lucky to see Alex before deciding which operation to have. If you have a fibroid that needs removal, see him for the best possible result!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2019

We had a really wonderful experience with Dr Polyakov. He looked after my pregnancy and delivered our precious bundle of joy. His office is well run and the appointments were usually on time. He is very busy and sometimes appointments were moved on short notice but we were always informed about these changes. Overall a great experience.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019

Great experience with this doctor, he is a true gentleman, caring and knowledgeable. I would give him 10 stars if I could!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2019

I would like to thank Dr Polyakov for his exceptional skill and care. He removed a large fibroid through 4 small incisions. Recovery was extremely good and I was up and about within a week. Great staff, very professional and knowledgeable. The Anaesthetist was great, I hardly had any pain at all. Overall a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2019

Cannot recommend Dr Alex highly enough. He is caring and compassionate. He goes above and beyond what one would expect for his patients. I will be recommending him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2019

I am GP and chose this doctor for myself as he is 1 of the best in obstetrics, not just blindly following protocols, but creative in terms of with amount of knowledge and skills he is able to find solutions in the most difficult cases. He is simply amazing doctor

flag | Submitted June 27, 2019

Dr. Alex Polyakov's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Alex graduated from the University of Adelaide in 2000. His specialty training was undertaken in Victoria culminating in FRANZCOG completion in 2010. Along the way Alex completed Masters of Epidemiology, Masters of Reproductive Medicine and Graduate Certificate of Evidence-Based Medicine as well as Reproductive Biology Fellowship at the Royal Women’s Hospital/Melbourne IVF and Monash IVF. He is currently a Senior Consultant at the Reproductive Biology Unit and Medical Director of Melbourne IVF at the RWH. Alex also holds an academic appointment of Senior Clinical Lecturer at the Department of O&G at the University of Melbourne. His private practice is divided between fertility, obstetrics and advanced endoscopic surgery.

• Russian
  • Ukrainian
  • English

• University of Adelaide (Grad. 2000)
  • University of New South Wales (Grad. 2008)
  • University of Newcastle (Grad. 2010)
  • Monash University (Grad. 2003)

• Female infertility