Ratings for Dr. Juan Guzman

Initially, seeing Dr. Guzman provided some relief. It was reassuring to finally have a diagnosis and explanation for my physical symptoms. After that, it all went downhill. I was told to call if I encountered any problems with my new medication. After multiple calls went unreturned by his admin, my GP's office left a message requesting a consult. They too never heard back. Dr. Guzman was also supposed to order a monitor after starting putting me on a new medication- that also never happened. He rigidly sees patients once a year in follow-up. His admin does not answer the phone or return messages, even from other physicians. He may be the only POTS specialist in the region, but his specialization is useless as he is inaccessible albeit once a year, even if a patient is experiencing problems. Definitely not worth the long wait time to see him (9-12 months). He is negligent and risks harming patients with his lack of follow-up and monitoring.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I waited six months and travelled three hours to see Dr. Guzman, and in my opinion it was worth it. The exam (conducted by a resident) was thorough, and my conversation with both the resident and Dr. Guzman was one of the only times I've felt really listened to by a clinician - not just about my physical symptoms either, but about how they're affecting my life and my mental health. His clinic is extremely busy, so my follow-up is a long time away, but he and his staff are working to get me access to local support and physical rehab for my dysautonomia - they seem like they genuinely care, which has been all too rare in my experience as a chronic patient.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

My complaint with Dr. Guzman is not with his ability to help some patients and his willingness to try whatever may help....my big complaint is that when several things have been tried but the patient remains very sick, he stops ordering follow up appointments and his assistant will not return messages when I have asked to make a follow-up appointment myself. The contact cut-off is not overt or quick, but over several months to a year, you are no longer a patient he wants to see and that’s it. You are left with no support and back to being bed-ridden while your small kids grow up and you’re left out while they grow up without you. It’s terrible and heart-breaking and anyone this ill should be treated a little better than this. This is unacceptable (but if you are his pet-project, you’re golden). Third world treatment.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

He does not follow up with his patients! You have to wait for your yearly appointment before seeing him again and it doesn't matter to that you have a problem where you need to see him more often. Try getting through his admin who's terrible!!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

He is awesome! I love Dr Guzman! He is the best. He rules

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I traveled 3 hours to see this doctor, and it felt worth it. The nurses were polite and friendly, the doctor was only a half hour behind (I say only because these days anything less than an hour seems fast). He was thorough, answered any questions I had, made sure I had resources available locally (since he is several cities over), and will be following up to run more extensive tests. It's nice to feel as though a specialist is interested in getting to the heart (no pun intended) of the issue, even so far as to take a copy of every symptom of every illness I have (I knew from this thread to be prepared). As a young woman I felt completely comfortable and despite the lengthy commute look forward to going back.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Very unprofessional physician. I have been struggling to get proper recognition and treatment of my neurocardiogenic syncope for over 13 years and this physician has the nerve to brush off my experiences, and tells me to get over it. Hands me a prescription and says he doesn't want to waste his time following up with me. What an ego. Some people on this site may have had good experiences, and I wonder if any of them were young women. Arrogant and sexist (spoke to my husband in the appointment, addressed me second despite being the one who is the patient). Wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone, what a nightmare.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Terrible experience. Very arrogant and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I travelled over six hours to see Dr Guzman and I wasn't one bit disappointed by him and his team. From the initial contact with reception for registration to the interaction with team nurses to the actual appointment with dr Guzman I have nothing but positive feedback to share! The reception staff was welcoming, empathetic, kind and considerate during the registration and the lady who entered my information in to their system explained all of how the appointment would unfold before inviting to have a seat in the waiting room. I was quickly called on for an ECG by a nurse with a great sense of humour, the ability to converse easily and a knack for making an individual feel at ease and well cared for. This lady brought me to a waiting area, explained what would happen next and wished me well. Dr Guzman is kind, patient, knowledgeable and respectful. He took great care and paid close attention to my concerns, listened attentively and had great advice and insight. Clearly well read, educated and experienced, he shared with me his opinion and reassured me that he would be available if and or when I needed him. I walked away with an overall sense of gratitude for having been lucky enough to see him and calmed by the information, opinions and advice he offered. Great experience! Hamilton general is lucky to have this team!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Guzman for many years. Between Dr. Morillo and Dr.Guzman they found my WPW and other issues. Their knowledge and fast action made me able to take care of my young baby years ago. I thank them from the moon and back for not giving up on me, it was difficult to find because of my different complaints from early adulthood. I was very scared and these Dr. made me feel safe. My health will never b perfect but I tell ya with the meds these 2 Dr. perscribed as well as the comfort I feel when I leave there office make s me go on with life and watch my daughter grow up. It's been a tough 10 plus years, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel and it shines bright! Much love and thanks. Dr. Morillo and Dr. Guzman Ox Tina Marie

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017