Ratings for Dr. Juan Guzman

He is awesome! I love Dr Guzman! He is the best. He rules

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I traveled 3 hours to see this doctor, and it felt worth it. The nurses were polite and friendly, the doctor was only a half hour behind (I say only because these days anything less than an hour seems fast). He was thorough, answered any questions I had, made sure I had resources available locally (since he is several cities over), and will be following up to run more extensive tests. It's nice to feel as though a specialist is interested in getting to the heart (no pun intended) of the issue, even so far as to take a copy of every symptom of every illness I have (I knew from this thread to be prepared). As a young woman I felt completely comfortable and despite the lengthy commute look forward to going back.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Very unprofessional physician. I have been struggling to get proper recognition and treatment of my neurocardiogenic syncope for over 13 years and this physician has the nerve to brush off my experiences, and tells me to get over it. Hands me a prescription and says he doesn't want to waste his time following up with me. What an ego. Some people on this site may have had good experiences, and I wonder if any of them were young women. Arrogant and sexist (spoke to my husband in the appointment, addressed me second despite being the one who is the patient). Wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone, what a nightmare.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Terrible experience. Very arrogant and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I travelled over six hours to see Dr Guzman and I wasn't one bit disappointed by him and his team. From the initial contact with reception for registration to the interaction with team nurses to the actual appointment with dr Guzman I have nothing but positive feedback to share! The reception staff was welcoming, empathetic, kind and considerate during the registration and the lady who entered my information in to their system explained all of how the appointment would unfold before inviting to have a seat in the waiting room. I was quickly called on for an ECG by a nurse with a great sense of humour, the ability to converse easily and a knack for making an individual feel at ease and well cared for. This lady brought me to a waiting area, explained what would happen next and wished me well. Dr Guzman is kind, patient, knowledgeable and respectful. He took great care and paid close attention to my concerns, listened attentively and had great advice and insight. Clearly well read, educated and experienced, he shared with me his opinion and reassured me that he would be available if and or when I needed him. I walked away with an overall sense of gratitude for having been lucky enough to see him and calmed by the information, opinions and advice he offered. Great experience! Hamilton general is lucky to have this team!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Guzman for many years. Between Dr. Morillo and Dr.Guzman they found my WPW and other issues. Their knowledge and fast action made me able to take care of my young baby years ago. I thank them from the moon and back for not giving up on me, it was difficult to find because of my different complaints from early adulthood. I was very scared and these Dr. made me feel safe. My health will never b perfect but I tell ya with the meds these 2 Dr. perscribed as well as the comfort I feel when I leave there office make s me go on with life and watch my daughter grow up. It's been a tough 10 plus years, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel and it shines bright! Much love and thanks. Dr. Morillo and Dr. Guzman Ox Tina Marie

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I have no complaints about Dr. Guzman himself. He's the only doctor I've encountered who is knowledgeable about my condition and he has always been kind and as helpful as I need him to be. My complaint is I find their office is always running behind by a lot. I know that my appointment will never actually be at the time they say it is so make sure your phone is charged and bring a book or something. It also takes the receptionist a long time to respond to messages and book appointments. It's worth the wait in my opinion because I like Dr. Guzman but it is annoying so just prepare for that.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

as much as I need help with my condition I am not going back to see him arrogant, dismissive and just overall unhelpful I learned more by reading other patients blogs and by interacting with POTS peers on social media than I learned from him. Thumbs down from me

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

An incredible knowledgable doctor with compassion as well. He is kind and understanding and works with his patients to find drugs that work for them. He tries his best to get to the root of issues rather than simply push them aside. His staff is also warm and helpful. He imakes himself available when you are hospitalized and communicates with your other doctors as well as surgeons to ensure your best care. Very lucky to work with Dr Guzman.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Arrogant and doesn't listen. Yes he got my daughter diagnosed but waved her off and said "back to school" like it was nothing. He poo poos people and gave me attitude for speaking on her behalf at times. Upsetting and my daughter was beyond disappointed.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016