Ratings for Dr. Emily S. Riser

Staff unfriendly and not very knowledgeable of the disease or the medicines!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

She is an excellent doctor, listens, encourages, answers questions and knows her stuff. I was in hospital and answered a Neurologist's question about who my Neurologist is. When I gave her name his response was "you couldn't have chosen a better Dr. for your MS. She's who I would send you to. Her staff mirrors her knowledge and attitude and provides excellent support.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

I've been her patient for many years. She's very caring, competent, and totally makes you feel at ease.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr. Emily is worth my 1 1/2 hour ride to see her. She is a great caring Dr. She makes you feel like family.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

The staff has given me misinformation on more than one occasion. Also, they can't keep their appointment system straight. Dr. Riser would be a better doctor if she had a better staff.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I saw Dr. Riser when I was diagnosed at age 17 with MS. I lived in Mobile,AL and drove an hour to see her in Fairhope. I loved her then. I have been married since and moved quite a few times, but am lucky to be in Birmingham with her again!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr.Riser is very nice. It takes months to get a appointment regardless of how you feel. Staff would not find a earlier appointment for me when I was getting worse.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Dr. Emily Riser is so sweet and kind. I am so glad she is now my physician.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Emily is the most caring, compassionate doctor we have ever used. She treats my husband for stroke, and she treats him like the intelligent human being that he is. We always get a little lift after seeing her. She is very connected to the university staff, and refers when she wants a second opinion. She is an amazing person and an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

She is an angel. I love her and she makes a bad diagnosis bearable and is truly an encourager! I literally trust her with my life and I value her advice!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Dr. Emily S. Riser's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1984)