Ratings for Dr. Alex M. Mercado

This doctor is rude and unprofessional. Looking forward to finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Whole family has been with him for years. He is a Dr's Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

My wife and I have been patienta for over 10 years and he is a true professional, love this office including Lisa and Marisol.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

The Doc and his Staff are the very best. Don't know what others are saying on here. They are ALL Professional. As to the person with test results. Blame the Lab who did them, NOT the Doc.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Mercado is an irresponsible doctor who provides very poor follow up to an appointment. With a high glucose level and poor test results, he had the responsibility to inform me of how the tests translate in terms of the condition of my health, however he informed me that my health was fine.

Submitted November 23, 2012

DR. Mercado is the best Dr. I have ever had, he takes care of my parents,wife, kids, and now my daughters husband. He will schedule an appointment the same day if needed, and the staff is super.I came from a DR. that made you wait in the waiting room up to two hours before bringing you in. I am very happy we switched from the Denville DR. on Pocono Road, Mercado is a breath of fresh air.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

Very caring and great doctor. Really takes an interest in his patients. Always helpful when he can. If he can not handle your case he will refer you to someone who can. He knows what he is capable of taking care of and will not risk your health to build his ego if he does treat you corretly. He took care of mom before she died and we saw him in action and how much he really cared for her. She was on medicaid but it did not matter to him. We have been going to him for many years now and find him a very capable doctor. In the knowledgeable department it does not go high enough to cover both the book knowledge and the knowledge he has of himself as a man and doctor. I consider him the best primary doctor that I have had in ages. In case you read this doc, Thank-you for being you.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Alex Mercado is one of the worst doctors I have ever been to. Basically rather than treating me he told me just go to the ER. What a joke this guy is. Never again will I be stepping into his office!!!

Submitted July 12, 2008

Very pleasant and knowledgeable doctor and staff. Clean office. Very short wait to be seen. Doctor calls to discuss treatment on the phone, if needed. Patient also has e-mail access. I have received phone calls from the doctor explaining results of lab tests and discussing future treatment plans. Made me feel that the doctor cares about me. I have been his patient since he opened his office and I will stay his patient.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

This guy is more a paper-pusher than a doctor. If you're looking for quality care....stay away from this nut. Don't waste your time.

Submitted August 22, 2006

Dr. Alex M. Mercado's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1993)