Ratings for Dr. Heloise Shrives

Terrible. Would not recommend her. She doesn't listen, talks down to you and makes you feel like you're wasting her time. Huge ego.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

As a doctor, lacks compassion and genuine interest in her patients. And basically thinks everything is related to anxiety and loves to offer antidepressants as the answer to everything. Needs to go back to school (in Canada), and take some more courses on how to recognize symptoms and to explore, on how to lower her ego and actually refer to someone else, and to treat people with dignity and respect, not as an annoyance in her day. The only job she has is to make a patient leave feeling better than when they went into her office, that they are on some plan to wellness and that their concerns are valid. Should be doing something else if she can't do that. Would not recommend anyone be a patient of hers.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Shrives is really considerate, and compassionate, I am really grateful to have met her. Dr. Shrives goes out of her way to visit patients in the hospital, which was really nice of her She wasn’t condescending or arrogant. She graces everyone with her thoughtful, professional presence!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I am very happy with Dr. Shrives - she is very thorough. I am glad that our family was able to get in to see her.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I am so grateful to have Dr. Shrives as my Physician. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see her and her support staff have always been polite and helpful. It can take several phone calls to get through to reception, however and that's my only frustration. Dr. Shrives is both pleasant and knowledgable - and takes a positive pro-active approach towards meeting my health care needs.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Just started seeing Dr. Shrives. I find her office and staff to be well run and professional. Dr Shrives too, was professional BUT I find her to be somewhat disinterested in me as a person/patient. No eye to eye contact, not much of a smile and I feel she only half listens. Competent, yes. Interested and caring? Not so much. I am definitely not a hypochondriac and only go to the doctor 2-3 times per year but when I do go, it would be nice if she was more 'in tune' for lack of a better phrase.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

This is a great clinic and Dr. Schrives is an excellent physician. She is extremely helpful and listens. She does not pontificate, but explains things clearly. She makes good judgement calls. I am grateful to have her. She is also very personable and even when I see in the community, always stops to say hello and chat for a minute.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

She is NEVER in the office! I have made over a dozen appointments at Health Worx since it opened and I have only actually seen her a few times, even though she's my "family doctor"! I always end up seeing the other doctors in the practice, so it's essentially the same as going to a walk in clinic. When she is there she is very nice, but she never seems ready to see me. She has never had a clue as why I was there, then after I tell her she has to read through my file to try to figure out what to tell me and she comes up short of being helpful. I regret switching to her... Nice lady, terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Prescribed a medication that was clearly not correct. Seems much more concerned about fashion rather than patients problems.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

You can tell this Doctor is not only amazing at her job, but also generally cares for her patients. She takes time to explain medications, listens intently, and she answers questions in an understandable way. She's on time, but I have never felt rushed at all. Her staff are friendly as well. If you can get her as I doctor, I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013