Dr. Ivan Shcherbatykh

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ivan Shcherbatykh

A very knowledgeable doctor. Always explains everything, finds solutions,he is excellent with kids!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Phenomenal doctor and staff, very knowledgeable, efficient and provide superb care. Genuinely interested in diagnosing correctly, not over-medicating and their patients' well-being. Our entire family, including my 97 year old grandmother, is very grateful to Dr. Shcherbatykh for keeping us healthy!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

He is a caring compassionate man. His care and his staff go beyond. I have been his patient since he started his practise and Thank everyday he is there for me.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Most of the staff at this clinic have poor people skills. This is a specially true for reception. They do have a wonderful RPN Sara Smith I give her a 10 for people skills as well as knowledge. I do not recall the other RPN. The nurse practitioner Tatiana, was not at all competent the few times my family saw her. Each time we had to wait around for her to consult with the dr. We were given an appt with her because the dr. Was booked. We realized it is useless getting an appt with her. Dr. Ivan, well he has a good level of knowledge. He tries to be personable however it is a bit forced. In areas that are not his specialty several times he provided info and offered treatment that was not in keeping with treatment of specialists. Dr Ivan is SLOW to refer. Dr Ivan does not like to be disagreed with. My wife provided info with her bad experience with a med he wanted to put our child on. The medication was not even for the condition of our child. Our other child has ADHD. He did not want to treat the ADHD with medication for ADHD but with antidepressants and anti anxiety meds. Despite the possible long term issues with not treating ADHD appropriately. He told our one child that they needed to start speaking up and talking more to him. Made our child more uncomfortable. Very poor communication style. We are still with this doctor but are looking for a better more professional option. Feedback from ER staff was that Dr Ivan can be quite pompous and needs to be humbled we would agree.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Just my experience but I felt like he thought I was lying about my symptoms. I was very hurt by this treatment or lack thereof. Very slow to refer as I'm still waiting for a referral from Early 2016. I was told one was sent in but never received any feedback. I'm guessing that it never existed. If you are not sure what to do concerning a patient's condition, please refer.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr Ivan Can be very arrogant; I find him at times very condescending. He is not knowledgeable about ADHD. It seems he lacks current medical treatments and attitudes. He appears stuck on old info. He is not receptive to factual info from a patient. Possibly just female patients. He has told my child that he/she must start behaving certain ways. However the behaviours he is expecting are common issues due to ADHD. He has taken a long time o refer him to a specialist outside of Brantford. As a result we will have a very long wait. Dr. Ivan has been critical of doctors who are current and knowledgeable about ADHD. We wait on average 40 minutes before we are seen. His staff One young nurse is wonderful and treats people with respect. Reception, front office staff poor service skills can be rude. I have been extremely dissatisfied with one of his nurse practitioners her abilities appear quite minimal. Not very happy with this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Extremely dismissive. Has no time for the elderly.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dr Ivan likely saved my life - took out a mole from my back that i didn't even know about- turned out invasive melanoma, he then sent me to cancer centre right away for further treatment. I am cancer free now.. my specialist told me i am lucky to have GP who takes care of things so promptly

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Both Ivan and Julia are never around, you're left with the unhelpful and unprepared nurse practitioner Tatiana who googles for dosages. We're leaving.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Отличный док, знаю его ещё по штатам. Джони Макс Младший.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Dr. Ivan Shcherbatykh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Russian
  • English

• McMaster University (Grad. 2010)
  • State University of New York at Albany (Grad. 2004)
  • Voronezh State Medical Academy (Grad. 2001)