Ratings for Dr. Barbara Mederski

The best doctor I have ever met in the entire world. She's special. Very special. We need more doctors like her.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Dr. M truly cares and puts her patients first always. She will go out of her way to help you ensure your situation is resolved, even if it means emailing you at 1 in the morning.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

There is no other doctor like her, she is one of a kind in terms of humanity.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

She is truly in a class by herself. Toronto is lucky to have her. Jack

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

This amazing woman performed her magic on me by diagnosing and treating wounds I had on both legs from edema and diabetes. I had been suffering for six months with no care from my GP or other doctors and I was suffering so much, I was getting prepared to bite my legs off. Dr. Mederski accepted me as a patient, and using her knowledge and magic, cured my wounds and now my lifeis much less painful. She is indeed, a great healer.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

She is the Best! She exemplifies what the ideal doctor should be - patient centric, knowledgeable, experienced and most importantly she goes to the root of the problem and does not stop at the symptoms management. Great experience and she has rebuilt my confidence in the Canadian Health System.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

She also saved my life after a diabetic infection that only cost me a toe

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr Mederski cared for me in 2001 when I had a crazy bacteria infection in my arm. I just stumbled on her name as my mom kept notes for me on the incident. I know that I likely have my arm today thanks to her and the care she gave me. I'll always be thankful that she was there at North York General to care for me. My family and 2 boys thank you!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Dr. Mederski saved my life.I had a leg infection started out as a small rash on my leg. In a matter of a few days my leg became grossly swollen and the rash spread to 40% of my body. Both my legs began to weep yellow fluid. I went to a walking clinic and my family doctor both diagnosed me with a sever staph infection and gave me antibiotics and told me to go to emerge if it doesn't get any better. Well it.got much worse overy the course of 2 days. I went to emerge and they presumed the worst I spent 2 days at the hospital doing blood work and skin swabs. After 2 days of IV antibiotics my swelling began to drop but my legs began to burn as if I have survived a sever 3rd degree burn. I had to spend every 1 hour in an ice tub jus to cool off the burning sensation. I was released from.the hospital with no clear indication what caused my ailment. So my family doctor recommended seeing an allergist. The allergist also concluded it was a bacterial infection and recommend more antibiotics as my rash was still spreading. Of course I stopped taking the antibiotics as I felt that all these doctors were just plan stupid at this point. Nothing was helping. I found Dr. Mederski online and booked an appointment. I figured if she can't help me nobody can. She made an emergency appointment for me and I went to her office the very next day. She was no ORDINARY DOCTOR by any means. She spent 2.5 hours with me asking me every question possible about my life and everything leading up to my condition. She took 8 pages of notes. I was physically but even more emotionally since I haven't been able to hold my 3 toddlers for 2 weeks as I was afraid i had a dangerous infection. Dr. Mederski cupped my hands in between both of hers and said "don't worry your not contagious". She continued to explain that i have been completely misdiagnosed and that I will be better within a few days. She recommended a topical steriod cream and litters lay within 2 days my rash disappeared by 90%. Than 2 days later my rash was completely gone. 6 doctors, 4 hospital visits, my family doctor and 2 walk-in clinic diagnosed me all wrong. They feed me antibiotics until it became life threatening and Dr. Mederski literally saved my life. I doubt she will ever read this post as she is much to humble, but I just wish more doctors were like her. I am able to hug my kids again and no longer fearful that I ever had a bacterial infection. Thank you Dr Mederski you are a women who cares more about patients than about money. May you be blessed with a long and happy life so you can care for the sick.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

The most compassionate and caring Doctor we have had to deal with. Truly knows what she's doing and won't stop until she gets an answer for you. Saved my husbands life. Truly grateful for everything she does

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016