Ratings for Dr. Philip Katz

I had Dr. Katz since I was 15 years old at the HSC's old Psych youth service. And as my Psychciatrist and friend till his passing. I am now 60years old. Yes you could call Doc at the cottage or any where. he had recently closed his practise. i learnt a great deal from Doc. |His style should be emulated. Forever in my heart and soul.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have know Doc for over 30 yrs. He is highly acknowledged in his field. He was with me for many, many years. I admired him greatly, as he was caring and kind to me. I experienced years of surgery, great pain. He was there for almost every operation to see if I needed him. I did. I think he has helped many many patients' who have decided they were ready to move on, etc. Such as my case. I believe whole heartedly he excelled as a renowned Psychiatrist, and to me....an old friend.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

The man saved my life and has always been there for me even when on vacation. Though the previous review says he slept I assure you he wasn't. He works be he loves helping ppl and not bc he needs the money. He is the hardest working Doctor despite retiring be he fully understands the shortage of doctors in this city.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Katz since I was 14 years old. 'Phil' is my mentor and don't know if I'd be alive today without his caring and expertise. Dr. Katz is the Former head of the North American Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Association based in New York. He currently lectures at the University of Manitoba Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg and continues to maintain a caseload of long-term patients. Wonderful family man and a boon to his profession.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Philip Katz was not very helpful to me when I was a teenager. He would fall asleep during our sessions and would then say that this was part of the therapy. I found him to be boorish and insensitive and would never recommend him for sensitive, frightened children and adolescents

Submitted April 3, 2012