Ratings for Dr. R L Goossens

I'm so thrilled I went to Dr. Goosens. Found out I did not need extensive surgery for a hammer toe. Had I went to him 5 years ago it wp would have been corrected with simple tape!!! Awesome !

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

I can not say enough !!! I am a Nurse and spend long hours on my feet- I had been going to a very reputable and popular clinic in London with increasing pain not only in my feet but over the years- knees and back!! Within 1 month with RL Goossens orthotics- foot and knee pain pretty much gone and back pain improving!! His prices the same but much more value !!as they actual work!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Completely overpriced, wish I'd known it was just a money-grab. His orthotics made walking worse by far. I've had to write this off as a bad experience, $600 plus with no insurance and now I have a good physiotherapist to correct my foot problems which grew worse with Goosen's orthotics. This man's approach seemed very haphazard and when he wanted to carve on the brand new orthotics for which he had measured? Last Straw for me! I agree with the review of Feb. 29th. 2016. Sorry I hadn't looked him up before entering his large premises.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Had I read his reviews first, I never would've gone to this guy. Firstly he charges way...way...too much money. The reasonable amount for an initial consultation in Ontario for a podiatrist is 65$ according to my insurance company. He charges $80. Secondly his shockwave therapy that he offers is way overpriced. My physiotherapist charges $80.00 for shockwave therapy and a visit. He charges $200.00 for shockwave therapy. I called and talked to the receptionist who is not very helpful because of her lack of knowledge. I asked her why is he so much more expensive when he is providing the same treatment. I asked her what is the difference between him performing shockwave therapy and the physiotherapist doing it. She couldn't answer me. She said because he studied in school a long time. I asked her to let him know that he is way overpriced and she said "I will, but I doubt he will care". Regardless of how good he is, I look at him like a white collar crook. I agree that his receptionist is not knowledgeable regarding insurance coverage. He charged me $280.00 for 25 mins of his time. I get shockwave therapy from the physiotherapist now, fully covered by my insurance company, unlike his services which are not covered until ohip pays out 135.00 in small increments per visit. If you're rich and bad with money go to him, he probably knows what hes doing but he is charging an arm and a leg for his foot services.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Goosens was able to diagnose and treat a condition that another podiatrist had never seen before - such a relief. His office is immaculate. His bedside manner is reassuring, gentle and kind. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

He is very experienced and uses the latest equipment to scan the feet. His staff is efficient and the office is well run.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

A very positive experience. He was very professional, knowledgable, and helpful. The staff was friendly and polite.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

The place is a cash grab, the receptionist is rude and mean and dr goossen is a garbage doctor. I do not recommend this place!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I have been there a number of times and not sure why I go back! Receptionist, flat! Never smiles. Too much $ for orthotics. I find his conversations to be uncomfortable. I'm ready to move on.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Money, Money, Money!!! I'm quite sure Dr.Goossens must know his stuff or he wouldn't have a practice, BUT his charges are way out of line and to top it off my feet are still painful!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013