Ratings for Dr. John Sampson

This doctor has to be one of the biggest jerks I've ever met in my life. I had the misfortune of getting him when I took my 11 month old daughter in to a walk-in clinic (at the recommendation of tele-health 811). Even though it was over a day ago now, I'm still completely shocked with how rude, unprofessional and completely uncaring he was. He was a sarcastic, arrogant jerk. Aside from being extremely unprofessional he lacked basic people skills and etiquette. The definition of a doctor who is in the job for the money and couldn't care less about actual people is Dr. Sampson.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Patient sent to QEH via ambulance due to severe confusion and fall (injuring Head and Leg). After waiting 4 hours to see this doctor he wanted to do nothing for the patient. He finally agreed to do X-ray of leg but negligently not CT of head. Very dismissive along with an attitude problem. Refused to discuss confusion issue and wanted family doctor to address. Now patient has to wait (possibly with serious head trauma) for a CT due to the negligence of this asinine doctor!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I went in with pain radiating down my arm and neck after being on medications for almost 8 months. He upped my med's and requested an MRI within 2 weeks. 4 days after my MRI was completed (within the 2 week time frame) , he called me to ensure someone had gone over my results with me. Thank you Dr Sampson - he was very pleasant, listened to my questions, was very attentive and followed through with his promise.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

In my experience with Dr. Sampson at the QEH, I found him to be uninformative, dismissive and uncaring. Dr. Sampson seems to be in the wrong line of work.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I saw Dr. Sampson in the emergency dept. a few days after I had a miscarriage. I woke up early in the morning with the most terrible dizziness I had ever experienced and was scared I had gotten an infection since the miscarriage had to be induced since it wasn't occurring naturally, the baby had no heartbeat. He didn't even really examine me, asked if I had taken the medication for the miscarriage as the result of a home pregnancy test, implying I thought that I was almost aborting the baby. Then he prescribed me gravol so the dizziness would not make me sick to my stomach and sent me on my way. The most uncaring doctor I have ever had the experience of dealing with. I never go to the ER and will never go back unless I am dying and hopefully never have to deal with this doctor again.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I saw dr. Sampson in emergency dept. Wow he was great very concerned about how sick i was and asked me to come back the next day so he could check on me. Could not have asked for better treatment.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

I only saw Dr. Sampson in Emergency. Treated my 16 year old, who was in opiate withdrawal, with distain. Ironic since the medical community put those drugs on the street.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013