Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Wood

I have erosive arthritis, and Dr. Wood’s failure to listen to any background in my case or to even assess my condition was appalling. Dr. Wood’s diagnosis was made just by asking questions and never even through any physical exam or test of reflexes. I was in absolute agony. He gave me a cortisone injection as I sat in my wheelchair, which was totally wrong. Other physicians told me was entirely ineffective that Dr. Wood’s failure to use image-guidance from fluoroscopy or a scanning device was inappropriate, regardless of his degree of expertise. The success rate for even skilled orthopedic surgeons who don't use real-time imaging is less than 25%. Even days after the injection, the pain that I was suffering from upon entering his office was just as intense as it had been. He told me to return to physical therapy, which I soon discovered was not the proper action.I have had an MRI done,and I must now see a neurosurgeon to properly treat my condition in a professional manner.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

I had a great experience with Dr. Wood. Had an eval and then arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus. Everything was explained well, staff and doctor are friendly and helpful, and all appointments were on time. I will certainly go back to Dr. Wood if I need an orthopedic surgeon. LJ April 2012

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

Have had two knee scopes done with him with outstanding results. Anything I need him to repeat or explain further he has no problem doing so. Also the staff is excellent! His nurse, Ralph and x-ray tech Eric are some of the best in the biz! Everytime I need anything they get me in and out no problem. I do not know what these other people are talking about!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Doctor is not knowledgeble about my problem with my knee. He does not have a good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2008

Doesn't really listen to patients.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2006

Dr. Stephen R. Wood's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1980)