Ratings for Dr. Matthew Saidel

Dr. Saidel is very compassionate, competent and really cares about his patients. You do have to wait a bit because he takes time with his patients. For that I will wait because he gives you the same time and attention. I had incessant bleeding and had been to at least three doctors in another state. Someone referred me to Dr. Saidel. I am so happy they did. He performed my myomectomy and was awesome. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Saidel for over 30 years, he delivered my daughter. She goes to him along with two of her friends. He is the best. I don't see me using any other doctor but him. I don't ever want to see him retire.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

I have been going to Dr.Saidel for over 30 years, He is the very best Doctor I have ever known, my fear is the day he retires I will stop going to an obgyn as I feel I will never be comfortable with anotherDoctor. The 4 rating is because often you have to wait but if I got smart I would call ahead and would avoid the wait , I also don't really mind because back in the days when I had my children I may have been one of those people who made him run over. I just delt with a scary issue and had major surgery and he was the best the best the best!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Saidel since I was 16 years old- he is an outstanding doctor who cares very much about his patients. He has helped me with uncomfortable questions as a teenager and supported me through my first pregnancy. He is very thorough, never tires of answering questions or helping his patients understand, and keeps current with advances in medicine/infertility, etc. I would highly recommend him to anyone- he is the best. The only reason for the '4' on punctuality is that Dr. Saidel never rushes his patients (or their concerns), so sometimes you have to wait a few extra minutes for your appt. Not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned...I know if I need him, he is going to give me the extra time and extra care every time.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

I was not at all impressed. Definately not a doctor for me.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

I started with Dr. Saidel at age 18, he delivered all three children - one very difficult, the others somewhat easier. He was amazing for all three. I would recommend him without reservation! He is attentive, realistic, calming, has excellent bedside manner, and is compasionate. Really, the best!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

He was amazing while delivering my child and I felt as though he was entirely competent and made me feel comfortable in the decisions made during our care. I strongly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Probably one of the best md's out there. doesn't give a run around, and talks to you like a person. I had a high risk pregnancy, and couldn't think of anyone more competent to handle this. I would reccommend him to anyone, and as a matter of fact, most of the people in my neighborhood use him as a gyn as well.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

I used ConnectiCare, but you don't have that on your pick list. Dr. Saidel has been my Dr. for more than 21 years. He is the best Dr. that I've ever known, and I only wish there were more doctors like him. He is extremely knowledgeable and if he doesn't know an answer to an ailment, he will research it and follow-up with you. He cares for people and actually seems to know what he's doing which is refreshing to me based on some other doctors that I've met in recent years/months!!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Matthew Saidel's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1977)