Ratings for Dr. Steven L. Craig

Stay away from Dr. Craig. He is arrogant and uncaring. Brought my daughter who was a toddler at the time (on a Friday) with a bad ear infection to see him. He stated that he did not want to give antibiotics and wanted to "wait and see". Saturday morning my daughter woke up in pain and I had to drive her to Marlborough to see the on call. He took one look and said she had an ear infection and prescribed antibiotics. This same situation happened a month later. I tried to explain to Dr. Craig that I did not want to take the "wait and see " approach again because of what happened the last time. He refused to give my daughter antibiotics a second time..told me to make an appointment for a follow up the following week. Exact same scenario...drove her over the weekend to the on call and once again was told she had an ear infection and antibiotics given. I immediately phoned the office on Monday morning. Dr. Craig would not come to the phone, he was "busy". I told the nurse I did not appreciate my daughter being misdiagnosed twice and left in pain. I also expressed I felt that Dr. Craig was trying to bill insurance for the same ailment twice by not medicating on the first visit. The nurse was beyond rude. I basically told them they were full of s###. I received a letter in the mail that they no longer wanted my daughter as a patient. As luck would have it I found a doctor ten times better and when we walked into the office for the first time I recognized Dr. Craig's assistant. She stated she left there and didn't blame me for leaving, she felt the same way I did about Dr. Craig.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

My family has had to move every few years for work so I have met many pediatiricans. None have been his good as Dr. Craig. His compasion, capabilities and caring really show.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I have special needs child that Dr.Craig has a really nice soft touch with. He has also been very open to exploring alternative approaches to care. Definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Visiting Dr Craig was one of the worst experiences of my life. We're having some issues with our child and instead if working with us he was nasty and un compassionate to the point that he brought me to tears and then when the nurses saw they were even ruder. If you want to be involved with your child's health care DO NOT use Dr Craig, from the moment I suggested an alternative plan he completely shut down and became spiteful and borderline malicious. I cannot believe he is allowed to practice medicine especially on children!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

He gives you the time and is unrushed, I'm just not confident he "hears" everything.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

Dr. Steven L. Craig's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)