Ratings for Dr. Eric Greenwald

Dr Greenwald has been helping me to find a solution to a problem I have. He has been very supportive, taking time to listen to my concerns. He has been extremely informative and I feel we are a team as we travel forward looking for answers. Never has he made me feel rushed or foolish, I feel blessed to be in his capable hands.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

I have seen way too many doctors in the past 40 years and rarely have I had such a positive experience! Dr Greenwald was very attentive, asked lots of questions and shared his opinion. He had read my history, was very knowledgable about my condition and shared relevant information and suggested procedure for further investigation. I had his undivided attention for over half an hour and would highly recommend him to anybody who wants be informed and involved in their care.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

I saw this doctor after a year of digestive issues. He couldn't have cared less. I saw him for the fourth time and spent 3 minutes with me. I asked questions about my problem and he evaded every question. Luckily I got an appointment quickly with a new gastro and after spending 2 minutes with me he knew what the problem was. I had a simple test and was diagnosed with the same problem I had mentioned before. Antibiotics and a change of diet for a long period will hopefully nip this in the bud. Please get a second opinion if you feel you are not listened to.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Diagnosed me after waiting over 2 hours to meet with him and all questions were answered with "I don't know" he's rude, defensive and not approachable. He doesn't care about you and how a disease affects your life. He doesn't listen or answer your concerns and just brushes you off. His staff can be rude and dismissive but Dr. Greenwald takes their side and makes you feel as though you did something wrong.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I have had a GI problem for approx 2 years I was sent to a GI specialist at St . Joseph's that had me sitting in a waiting room for 3 hours I finally left without seeing him . My family MD then referred me to Dr Greenwald at Mc Master I have to say that from the moment I walked up to the receptionist to the the time I met the dr I was treated with respect and felt that my problems were heard . Dr Greenwald listened and gave me a scrip to help me right away and booked my endoscopy for 2 weeks later . I had my endoscopy done this week and have to say again that from the moment I walked in right until the end I was treated great all of my questions were answered and I was made to feel very comfortable during the procedure ( I was very nervous) they did everything they could to make sure I was well informed what would be happening before during and after the endoscopy . I would recommend Dr Greenwald and his wonderful staff to anyone who needs to see a GI Dr . Great Job to him and all of his helpful staff !!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Colonoscopy. Screening only, no symptoms. My experience from start to finish was excellent. The entire process was painless... I had manicures that hurt more than this! Dr Greenwald was very professional and answered my all of my questions prior to starting the procedure. No one ever WANTS to have a colonoscopy but for obvious reasons it has to be done. He was terrific and so was the staff in the clinic. See you all in 5 yrs.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Polite, personable and professional. This applies to Dr. Greenwald and his support staff as I was prepared for my colonoscopy. He was reassuring and more than willing to answer any questions of mine, before during and after the procedure. A very competent team indeed. I felt reassured the polyp he detected was nothing to be concerned about in the least., that was quickly made very clear by the Dr. It is very heartening to meet someone who is a credit to his profession coupled with being a people person who relates well with his patients. A win/win situation. Thanks so much.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I have been with Dr E Greenwald since 2007 was diagnosed and treated for Crohn's Disease.I must say I have got to Know Dr G over the years and he is just fine at communication and colonoscopy .I must say it would be funny to hear what a doctor would say about or rate different patients !

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I felt intimidated and unheard. I felt I was invisible to him since he barely acknowleged me. Brilliant doctor but can work on being more approachable instead of disregarding patients concerns

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I had a colonoscopy procedure (my second) but was wide awake throughout. Problem with signficiant spasms arose and the Dr carried on, even though I was begging them to stop bcause of the pain. I was ignored and traumatized by the experience. I had 2 nurses pressing on my stomach so the procedure could be finished regardless. Not once did the Dr speak to me directly, just carried on conversation with the staff. It was a terrible experience and I would NEVER voluntaroly see this Dr. again as a result.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014