Ratings for Dr. Brian Pinchuk

I had an amazing experience going through my breast cancer treatment including surgery with Dr Pinchuk and his entire staff at NYGH. Dr Pinchuk is very knowledgeable, caring. He provided clear explanations to all our questions. Both my husband and I felt comfortable with him. I highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

I have Invasive ductal carcinoma. The way Dr. Pinchuk introduced the news to me and the treatment for all the possibilities accompanying what I have, I felt right away that I am in a good hands and what I have is curable. You need to trust the one who will open your breast and I believed that he would do a great job. He did the surgery on Aug 15, 2017. I just met with him yesterday to go through the results and the next steps. He gave an ample time to explain and answer questions. He saw me a week before the regular appointment because I told his office that I feel some discomfort in my breast. On top of that, I am a Muslim woman wearing Hijab. The respect I was treated by him and his staff was amazing. This is something you do not see everywhere and unfortunately without a proof of racism. I am so grateful to every thing he did and I do not have more than these words to repay him with.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Pinchuk is the best. He did a small procedure on me, and he did it perfectly. I am lucky that I got Dr. Pinchuk to do it. I am really indebted to him for this. Thanks Dr. Pinchuk! Believe in Dr. Pinchuk, and he would do his best for anyone who needs his assistance. Highly Recommended.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I first met Dr. Pinchuk in 2011, when he gave me the results of a biopsy, which was benign. I recently had another appointment with him, discussing a biopsy, this time requiring further examination. Dr. Pinchuk discussed the results with me, explained everything clearly, using understandable terminology, along with drawings. Dr. Pinchuk discussed the lipectomy, along with breast reduction on the other breast,( something I had considered prior). In discussing this, he suggested Dr. Somogyi as the plastic surgeon, (who was amazing),the three of us had a discussion and the plan was to proceed. Dr. Pinchuk explained everything that was to occur in a clear and concise manner. Dr. Pinchuk treated me like family, very kind, considerate and respectful. He always took time to answer questions. He would return my calls promptly, to discuss any concerns and always in a pleasant manner. He is extremely knowledgeable and a highly competent surgeon. Michelle, Dr.Pinchuk's assistant, always addressed my concerns or issues, promptly, and with care and consideration. On the day of the surgery, Dr. Pinchuk spoke to my husband and to myself, reassuring us and making us feel comfortable. In the operating room I remember him telling me not to worry (I tend to get anxious), that they would take good care of me and have me back with family soon! It was so comforting to hear such words! After the surgery, Dr. Pinchuk spoke to my husband and to myself, in the recovery room and reassured us that everything went well. When the pathologist's report came Dr. Pinchuk explained it clearly and concisely, in understandable jargon, again returning my calls promptly when I needed clarification on matters. Dr.Pinchuk is a kind, considerate, caring, extremely intelligent, and highly competent surgeon. I thank God that I was fortunate enough to have met him. May he continue to do amazing work. Sincerely grateful! G.Spatafora

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I Recntly had my mastactemoy with Dr.Pinchuk and have been under his care since Sep'16 with triple negative breast cancer. God in disguise of Human! Extremely learned, polite and so humble! Best doctor. Treats you like a family member so personal and thorough. He made whole experience so comfortable. Just the ugly scar is there..hope it'll disappear with reconstruction!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Recently had my gall bladder removed by Dr.Pinchuk and he is fantastic. Very easy to talk to, walked through our options and supportive of my decision . During an unsure time it's nice to have someone who is confident in guiding you through your options. He makes the whole experience personal, while waiting for my surgery, he had no problem giving us a wave and letting me know my time was coming, small gestures like this matter. My surgery and follow up was flawless, and minimal scarring. We're greatful we lucked out ending up with Dr.Pinchuk.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Still his patient 18 months later, and still as impressed with him as I was when I first became his patient. He is thoughtful, thorough, kind and has a good sense of humour to boot. I highly recommend him to anyone who asks...and have told my GP to refer patients to him as well.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Pinchuk performed my mastectomy in March 2016. Within 3 months you can barely see a scar. Phenomenal surgeon all around. Can't recommend him enough!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Great doctor, very down to earth and knowledgeable. Great dr for unpleasant procedure.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I am under the care of Dr. Pinchuk and he has been truly amazing ! He recently performed a mastectomy and all I can say he is a wonderful doctor. He took the time to listen to as many questions as were asked and his medical explanations were simple to understand . After surgery at my follow up visits he is always very helpful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Pinchuk !!!! Thank you for everything Michelle and Dr Pinchuk.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016