Ratings for Dr. Gigi Girgis

just had my first visit with her great bedside manner

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had the misfortune of having this doctor as my neurologist for an inpatient hospital stay. The first thing she tells me after multiple doctors/EEG Techninians have seen my seizures and said they are epileptic in nature was that the video part of the EEG is useless. It's the most important part-the seizures can be too deep in your brain. My EEG was normal. I have friends who have had this issue happen, and were given an epilepsy diagnosis. She could not tell me why I get an aura (overheated/strange tatse/smell/nausea/extreme hunger) before I have a seizure and why I have amnesia after. Her explanation for why I respond to anti epileptic medications is because I have a "mood disorder" and also diagnosed me with a neurodevelopmental disorder because after I had requested to not see her again, she was brought back in and I yelled at her for her rudeness. I have never met a doctor who before she even opened her mouth, I was uncomfortable. I was told I would have multiple tests run by her-all I got was a urine test and a drug screening. I now have to fight the system to get both somataform disorder and neurodevelopmental disorder removed from my file-I have documentation saying I have neither. I have had these auras/seizures for as long as I can remember and it's offensive to be told they're a "mood disorder". She is condescending and rude and I am debating filing a grievance for emotional distress caused by her callous treatment. She's a horrific doctor, never ever go to this woman unless you want to have your father asked in front of you if you are suicidal, a psychiatric evaluation, and your medical care discusssed without your permission to family members. She's grossly negligent and inappropriate.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

The wait time for a scheduled appointment is beyond ridiculous I would never recommend her to anyone seems to not care about patients issues...

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

When I first started seeing Dr. Girgis for issues with dizziness I was hopeful. I noticed some things that, in retrospect, should have been red flags, but ignored her somewhat cold demeanor and the fact that I had to repeat myself countless times

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

i have to say i met dr Girgis in my early twenties and she was and has been my only neurologist, she truly has been like a mother to me, even giving me her cell number in emergencies and even going above and beyond the call of duty for a tragic matter... in all these years, i can put up with the waiting room getting behind a half hour, because ive certainly missed many apps and forgot over the years. But since the last 20 months my condition has gotten worst and this pains me to say but i dont see the love and compassion in her eyes, i miss that... so her quality of being a top doctor has been diminished and i feel she doesnt even type what i say in her doctors note, "get a blood test see me in three months" and since kitty left her staff has some kind of attitude not all but some and i feel bad to say i will be switching doctors. im sorry doc i would never bad mouth you but the the practice has gone down and your team of mad faces in the office, i dont know if obamacare also has ruined your office. there is something wrong i hope you all fix it someday...

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Girgis came up with a plan to treat my RLS (after sitting in the wait room for a long time). 1 of 2 prescriptions made it to the pharmacy, and am still waiting for the other one 5 days later. How am I supposed to get better if she cannot follow up with my calls, so I can start on the med regimen. She also has a poor memory. A letter was supposed to be written for my work, which was never done. I think it is time for her to retire.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

She does not really have a good understanding of those higher level things urology. This is very dangerous for someone to get to the bottom of things that other physicians may not have. She is afraid to treat a common vision a pregnant woman and rather than simply look up whether a medication is safe or not she simply does not give the medication to the patient "because you are pregnant" without regard for the possibility that the medication is safe and it would do no harm.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr. Girgis was abrasive to the point of rudeness. I would even be willing to tolerate this if I felt confidence in her professional skills. The one good thing I can say is that she did not rush the appointment. However, I could never recommend her to anyone--well, maybe to someone that I hated! ;)

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I first saw Dr. Girgis at least 20 yrs ago. I had been to 6 other drs. before her. No one was able to diagnose my problem. After being told my pain could be TMJ and i could purchase a mouth piece for $1200, or many other maybe's, she found my true diagnosis of a pinched nerve. After treatment and meds my pain disappeared. I will always be grateful to her as i endured this pain for quite awhile. She is a very caring and down to earth individual and very easy to talk to. I have recommened her to many people and have seen her over the years when needed. Judy

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

After mult visits, EMG, EEG I was told that my complaints were "nothing neurological". W/ my new MD I have learned that I have a chronic autoimm. disease that has caused severe damage to my PNS/ANS. Yes, doctors miss things, but I expect more from my tests that I paid a lot of $ for and had to emotionally/physically endure. I kid you not- her explanation for abnormal EMG was that "you're just tall". Abnormal EEG? "You have a young brain". Her suggestion was psychological treatment. Look I get it- MDs don't always have the answers but my current neurologist and I have been trying to get my records for my tests for 3 months now. Her group has failed to produce any record of the tests. They said "she hadn't made her final impressions yet"- which considering they happened one year ago and she already said "nothing was wrong" doesn't add up. Girgis showed me zero respect as a patient and I am still very angry. Save yourself the stress, time and money. Go ANYWHERE else but here.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

Dr. Gigi Girgis's Credentials

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Waltham, MA