Ratings for Dr. Lara D. Hitchcock

At first I really loved going to Lara, I thought I was getting great attention and treatment. I even referred my sister to her. This past year my sister needs monthly meds and the doctor can NEVER get her in for a visit to get them refilled, then she tells her to just go to Urgent care to get them refilled since she refuses to refill them over the phone cause she wants to charge you a visit fee. At first I thought maybe my sister was just having bad luck with her. I then tried to book a yearly physical myself to check on blood work and medications. After a week of no call back I emailed the appointment address and a few days later was told they could get me in in THREE months! The absolute dumbest thing I have heard. I am quickly looking for a new doctor and after reading all these reviews I am happy with my decision to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Hitchcock for almost 2 years. I am pretty shocked reading these reviews. While wait times can be very long (and extremely frustrating when you are missing time away from work), and office visits are required for refills every few months, I feel that Dr. Hitchcock is happy to answer any questions I have, give me referrals when necessary, and is attentive and friendly when with me. The staff at the front desk have always been very pleasant and helpful. Perhaps I have not had any real "issues" to deal with to encounter such rudeness as mention in previous rating that I read, but I have been very happy with my care and interactions with the staff and Dr. Hitchcock. My only complaint would be long wait times and I just try to be patient and flexible.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Only in it to make money. She will refer you out to a specialist for everything, as one reviewer said all she will do in office is take your blood pressure. On top of all that she seems to be losing respect for patients opinions. It looks like she's heading down the same path as her former partner Dr. Dean.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Worse place everrrrr! Ive been on hold for 1hr to speak to the doctor, which I never had the chance to do because I got tired of waiting and hung up. Hitchcock is a quick fix doctor with no cares or concerns for her "patients". She sit with you for 2Mins without looking at you in your face, and on to the next "patient". Walls are so thin you can hear the next patients concerns. Front desk always has a unpleasant look on her face, and all shes interested in is collecting your co-payment. On my well-visit I was charged my co-payment because the doctor prescribe a medication, I never requested. Swindle.... I think so. Its all about money in that office and 0 patient satisfaction. And when I bought up the fact that I was discouraged and unsatisified, Tiffany in billi g replied with "this is not a business of sales"..After waiting an hour trying to get out of this wrongful $30 charge, I decided to give up and write this review. I hope this doctor gets other doctors to help in her office, and friendlier staff.. Another thing, they charged my insurance company my co-payment and a test that was never tested for. They called me to make another appointment because "for some reason" the test was never ran, but they sure charged my insurance company for it. Scam place! You will get your $30 but you just lost a patient. Two thumbs down!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

The worst doctors office I have experienced in 55 years. Wait times exceed 1 hour the staff is not helpful and you are overcharged for every thing. The doctor priority is to make money not to help her patients. Would not recommend

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

All she cares about is making money. She has no interest in her patients or their time. Everytime I go I have to wait for 2hours to see her for 2 mins. The staff all share her attitude and regard for peoples time. She shouldn't even be a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I had been a patient of Dr. Hitchcock for a few years until my insurance changed last October. Prior to knowing about the change, I had scheduled an early November appointment with her for my annual exam. I cancelled this appointment using their automated system and then received a bill from the office for $50 for a no-show. I sent the bill back to Tiffaney with a note explaining that I cancelled via the automated system, and received no response but did get another bill the following month. I called Tiffaney and finally got to speak to her and she told me I was a liar. I informed her I was not a liar and was not paying. I've now been sent to collections and the collector who called my house today refused to listen to me telling me my only options were listening and paying. I will do neither, but will certainly tell everyone I know that Dr. Hitchcock's practice seems willing to do whatever it takes to get $50 they are not entitled to.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I am never going back. I want a doctor who cares about his or her patients. Horrible.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I am a nurse practitioner, have been in the medical field for 34+ years and thought I had just about seen it all. UNTIL....I had my first encounter with Dr. Hitchcock and her staff almost 2 years ago. I had scheduled it to be a Physical Exam--I had not seen her previously, so a Physical is always required to establish yourself as a patient with a new provider--right? As is turned out, however, they said my appointment was for a follow-up visit! Follow-up for what?--I was a new patient. The staff treated me VERY unprofessionally and rudely, telling me I had scheduled my appointment incorrectly and I would need to reschedule. They said this sort of mistake had NEVER happened before with their office. I accepted responsibility for the mistake, but, as MY time is valuable as well, I said NO, I was there for a physical and I expected to have a Physical. After explaining to me how my insistence to have a physical was an inconvenience to her and her other patients, Dr. Hitchcock performed a "Physical". I was shocked at the incompleteness of the exam. I left her office feeling VERY dejected. Thinking that my first encounter was a fluke, a " we just got off on the wrong foot" sort of thing, I scheduled another Physical Exam. I have to take an entire day off of work to have appointments and I get paid per day--it costs me money to take off work. Prior to my appointment with her, I had scheduled to get my lab work done. There was a problem with the paperwork, and it took multiple phone calls to her office to get it resolved. When I arrived for my appointment, I waited 1 hour before being seen. I was required to sign a form stating that the physical exam would not, among other things, cover "patient's concerns". I was at no point asked by anyone "how are you today?", "are you having any issues?", or "what medications do you take?". These are things I ALWAYS ask my patients and strongly believe a MD should care to know. Dr. Hitchcock again reminded me that my issue with the lab paperwork was an inconvenience to her and her other patients!! It took a lot more of MY time to deal with the issue than hers! She spent 10 minutes with me performing the "physical exam"--although more comprehensive than the previous one, it was still very rudimentary and incomplete. She found a small issue and told me to follow up with a specialist--dealing with the "issue" did not require her to spend one extra second with me. As I was dressing to leave, a nurse knocked on the door and said that they were leaving me some medication samples at the front desk. As the issue of medications had at no time been addressed (and I do not take any), I found this to be curious. At the checkout desk the receptionist asked me for payment for the copay. As this was a wellness exam, it should have been covered at 100%. I questioned this and was informed that this was not being billed as a Physical Exam, it was being billed as, YES, an Office Visit!!! Because of the small issue that she told me to have another practitioner deal with, it could be billed differently--instead of 100% covered by my insurance, it would be 100% out-of-pocket expense for me (copay and unmet deductible)!!! This practice appears revolve around optimal reimbursement for the practice, not what is fair or in the best interest of the patient. I very much resent having to pay for a service that was, at best, substandard. I asked the receptionist about the sample medications on the desk, she said they were for me!!! They were NOT actually--they were to be dispensed to another patient!!! VERY sloppy AND unsafe!!! I can't honestly put a rating on "knowledge"--in the 10 minutes she spent with me, I was never shown any substance upon which I could judge it. My appointment with Dr. Hitchcock was a complete waste of my time, energy, and money. In contrast, I also had a dermatology appointment following my appointment with Dr. Hitchcock. It was a completely, refreshingly different experience. They were professional, competent, attentive, and I left very happy EVEN after I paid out-of-pocket for the visit. I also commented to them on the difference between my treatment at the two practices and sincerely thanked them for their professionalism.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

A few days after receiving a medication Dr. Hitchcock prescribed, I had severe side effects. I called the office and the assistant said she would email the Dr. No call back at all and this was a serious medication. I never went back.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Lara D. Hitchcock's Credentials

• Mayo Med Sch, Rochester Mn 55905 (Grad. 1998)