Ratings for Dr. Angelo De Gioannis

As a recovering addict i find it hard, to deal with the off label way of use of medications. And the increase at times. I will not do. I do not agree will his methods. Though he is free.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr De Gioannis has always been professional and tailored a treatment program for me individually. After years with a complex history and many doctors giving up, Dr De Gioannis has not.. he is always willing to try new evidence based treatments to support me in my efforts to overcome my PTSD without having to rehash the trauma. Angelo will work with you, if and when you are ready to be well. It is never an easy path but with the right support he could help you like he is helping me

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I'd expect more compassion from an ISIS recruiter than this man's approach to suicidal thoughts. He is a complete disgrace and danger to his patients.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr Angelo is the worst psychiatrist I have ever seen and I have seen more than 10 psychiatrists over the last 11years. He takes no history, and uses psychic powers to give his thoughts on your life. He loves the sound of his voice and gives an identical monologue on using benzo's to manage the stressful life he dreams up. Even when well, he claims you are unwell and until you listen to to him and live on benzo's you will never reach Nirvana. The only thing he has done for me is start ketamine which has changed my life, given me a life in fact, after years of living in hospital and for that I am eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Angelo De Gioannis saved my life. I do the ketamine program and Cbt sessions weekly with him. He also saved my sisters life. I was in a psychiatric hospital 4 times in 12 months loaded up on every medication until I was a complete zombie. With Angelo's help and ketamine treatment I was able to come off lithium, antipsychotics and antidepressants. He is the best psychiatrist I have seen in 18 years and could not recommend him enough he saved my life and prevented my family and friends from losing a loved one I will be forever grateful for meeting him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I was seeing Angelo for several years. I found his EMT therapy damaging. He made me obese and impotent, being obese and impotent made me feel worthless and even more suicidal than I was before I started seeing him. I ended up with type two diabeties and now hate psychiatry.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

My name is Melissa and I have been seeing Angelo for 4 years now for ketamine and his EMT program. I must say I am shocked at these reviews. I too was suicidal with no place left to go in and out of psych hospitals. If you want help, you have to be willing to help yourself! Accept Angelo's challenges and listen and learn. I consider myself amazingly lucky to have found this amazing professional who saved my life. Thanks is not even close to enough for what you have done for me Angelo.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I strongly agree with the one star review comment. I will still give him more than 1 star though as it seems she has been helpful to some. But as the 1 star review states he is only useful if you are in a better place. I don't believe that he should be working with acutely or actively suicidal patients and he lacks insight in assessing them. EMT works if you are in a better space, not when you are suicidal. If you are suicidal, he dismisses it, inwardly panics or become indifferent. I don't think he should put his profile as someone who works with suicidal patients as he almost could have killed me. His inappropriate joke is known and as the other person states, whens you are not in a good place, it's very hard to digest. He will say such a thing like "so you don't think you are crazy?". If I ever say this kind of joke to any of my mental health clients, yes I think I would have gotten fired by now. I think if I see him now, his therapy might be working, but when I was in a bad place, he was useless. He made me feel more helpless and suicidal. Don't see him with a hope that he can help you when you are suicidal. Go there only if you want to learn how to regulate your emotion when you are in a better place.

Submitted April 14, 2016

I have found Dr Angelo to be a lifesaver re depression. I have seen Dr Angelo for 4 weeks now. We are still working on anxiety and PTSD but I feel like there is finally hope and I'm no longer suicidal. Ketamine has worked for me after taking antidepressants most of my life and I'm 43.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

As a prior review said, Angelo is interested in EMT and EMT only. If you fail his little tests or do not answer the questions correctly (if he asks which is rare) you do not get help. I informed him I was deeply suicidal and he ignored these comments as he tried to apply his EMT approach but when you are in that dark a place it can be hard to keep up with his little jokes. As such it seems I failed his test, I received no help, my suicidal thoughts were ignored and I was sent off with a nice big bunch of drugs that I easily could have overdosed on. My suicidal feelings were not mentioned the next session and since I failed his little test I now receive poorer care than before. Angelo is good until you get to a very painful place and need help, and then he is useless and harmful. It is terrible that he is a main doctor in studying suicide prevention as he essentially ignored a suicidal person. Luckily I have another doctor who spent an hour on the phone with me (earning $0, Angelo earned plenty and did nothing) and was able to help me through that period. Do yourself a favour, and only see him when you are feeling okay. If you are struggling more, then cancel your appointment as his failure to help will just dishearten you.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015