Ratings for Dr. Sherri L. Maetozo

I have been going to Dr. Maetozo for 3 years some of her staff has changed and she is a very professional Doctor. I'm getting ready to have some miner surgery done and fully trust her and her ability to do the Job. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Maetozo easily runs one of the worst practices in the area. I haven't seen her in years the this reason, but upon a recent discussion about horrible medical experiences, her office came to mind. In all honesty, I can't say much about Maetozo herself. Why? Because patients hard-pressed to actually spend time with her. If you can somehow manage this, prepare to wait about an hour for a 10-minute visit. Her unavailability aside, the office staff is horrendous. Misplacing patient information, leaving daunting "we have your results, call us back as soon as possible" messages on a Friday before closing, and generally lacking respect for each woman who visits. Yes, St. Augustine is a small town, yet there are other practices to choose from. Travel to Jacksonville, if needed. But out of self-respect and concern for your own well-being, avoid her practice like the plague.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Horrible respect and concern for the patient. The front desk clerk Melissa is a disaster to this practice. I will never seek care there.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Due to an abnormal PAP and condition, it was recommended I get follow-up PAPs every 6 months until two consecutive results were normal. Upon moving to St. Aug. I went to Dr. Maetozo as a new patient for a follow-up PAP. Those results came back normal. My next one was scheduled around the time I had an appt. scheduled with my primary care doctor, so I informed Dr. Maetozo's receptionist of my intentions to have my GP do this PAP and that I would have the results sent from the other Dr. When the abnormal results were sent over, I called to request Dr. Maetozo to review and advise/schedule a recommended follow-up treatment visit. Her nurse, Georgiann Weaver, called me back and very rudely informed me Dr. Maetozo would no longer provide treatment to me since I had the PAP done at my GP's office. I wonder if Dr. Maetozo is aware that her nurse is turning away business and ruining her reputation. I certainly will be finding a new GYN, with a caring, friendly and compassionate staff.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

I just moved back to FL & the nurse practitioner here was highly recommended. When I arrived at 1:15 as instructed, the door was locked and the lights were off. I walked around the parking lot, confused, looking for another entrance. I went back to the locked door to peek in. A woman came, opened the door, and rudely said, "We're at lunch." I told her I was asked to arrive at 1:15. She motioned me in and said, rudely, "Well, we're at lunch." She then disappeared behind a door. The desk window was opened 5 minutes later & I was called to the window. I asked if she was the person I spoke to when making the appointment. She said, "I have no idea; I talk to a lot of people." There was a pile of greasy chicken wings on her desk. She rudely gave me paperwork to fill out and then shut the window. I sat in the awful waiting room with dying plants & loud radio. I finished the paperwork and returned to the closed window. A sign said DO NOT KNOCK ON WINDOW. I didn't go through w the appt. WORST.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

After arriving on time for my appointment, I waited 20 minutes in the waiting room, then was finally brought back and then waited 25 minutes in a paper gown in the exam room. The Dr. Maetozo was a good doctor, but the exam was rushed. Once I was done with the exam however, I was rudely told I owed money for the visit when I know I did not (it is always covered fully on my insurance). The lady at the desk was the rudest person I have come across in years. I feel a doctor's visit encompases the whole experience and this was one bad experience. I WILL NOT be returning.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. Maetozo and her staff are wonderful. She is a thorough doctor and explains things fully and clearly. Also, she is moving away from the OB side of her practice which was important to me as I didn't want a doctor who was often tied up with a delivery.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2006

Dr. Maetozo is very helpful and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2006

Dr. Sherri L. Maetozo's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal