You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ian Epstein

He started out great but got too hard to get necessary appts. Research skills really arent good, he somehow convinced another dr that i dont have the disease from my childhood that 2 pediatric nephrologists diagnosed me with after consulting with an expert in texas. Its hard to see someone young get jaded, he really is a sweetheart if you have a common disease.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I would not even consider him as a doctor, think twice.My husband on tube feed throwing up green and dose not know what it is some GI doctor I think they should kick him out.When my husband had his stomach tube change Doc. agree to send a new replacement home ,instead he sent home a infected old one that was in his stomach and the wrong part.DO NOT DO IT go to someone else Please.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Epstein for about 6 years now, and couldn't ask for a better specialist! He's very knowledgeable, very friendly and compassionate. Goes the extra mile to make sure I'm comfortable and helps me understand my condition. He can be a bit tardy but he's very thorough

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Worst Dr I have ever seen. My daughter has a feeding tube broken and we have had 4 trips tp emerg with three of those trips supposedly to change the broken feeding tube, he doesn't show up and the one time he did we were put off to another day and he didn't show then either. I know our medical system is in the gutter but this is ridiculous. How is she supposed to get nutrition if she can't get get the tube changed? Frustrating!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Epstein since 2011. I have had no issues at all. Sometimes he may be a tad late for my apt but acknowledged it and allowed me to ask any and all questions. I am comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I agree that he was very confrontational and know it all. he quick to make judgment and does not investigate, easily passes off your issues. Basically if your not dying he thinks you have IBS. he is young but seems to be jaded already. Would not recommend him to anybody.

Submitted August 12, 2015

A wonderful physician in all aspects! Knows his stuff, yet is ready to say when he needs to get more details or refer to a specialist. One of the least self-centered people I know, and eager to have the patient as an active participant in their own care. The health care system certainly has it's challenges, but Dr. Ian gives me hope that caring people like him will help "make it better".

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Very aloof, immature and egotistical. Not to mention quite ignorant if you ask the same question twice. Gets quite defensive when questioned. He tried to use fear mongering to deter me from having the scope put down to investigate my symptoms. When he described the risks of having this procedure done, I asked him how many of his patients might any of these negative side effects happened too and he wouldn't answer me. After what I have been through this past year, I have zero tolerance for rude people. The medical system is broken. I liken it to a third world country. 1-2 year wait times for a scope is unacceptable. I wonder if these doctors make their family member's wait so long. What goes around in life comes around.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Really excellent GI doctor who is actually concerned about patient well-being. He always takes the time to make sure all concerns are discussed, even if it means he has to work late! I am very lucky to be his patient.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Ian Epstein's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "He started out great but got too hard to get necessary appts. Research skills really arent good, he somehow convinced another dr that i dont have the disease f..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I would not even consider him as a doctor, think twice.My husband on tube feed throwing up green and dose not know what it is some GI doctor I think they shou..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband was referred to and treated byDr. Epstein. He is a great doctor and we would highly recommend him. "

April 12, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Epstein for about 6 years now, and couldn't ask for a better specialist! He's very knowledgeable, very friendly and compassionate. Goes the..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Worst Dr I have ever seen. My daughter has a feeding tube broken and we have had 4 trips tp emerg with three of those trips supposedly to change the broken fe..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Epstein since 2011. I have had no issues at all. Sometimes he may be a tad late for my apt but acknowledged it and allowed me to ask any ..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I agree that he was very confrontational and know it all. he quick to make judgment and does not investigate, easily passes off your issues. Basically if your ..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A wonderful physician in all aspects! Knows his stuff, yet is ready to say when he needs to get more details or refer to a specialist. One of the least self-c..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. " Very aloof, immature and egotistical. Not to mention quite ignorant if you ask the same question twice. Gets quite defensive when questioned. He tried to us..."

July 27, 2015