Ratings for Dr. Ian Epstein

Dr Epstein has been following me since diagnosis. He has a lovely bedside manner. It takes a long time to get in to see him, as other reviewers have mentioned. Wait times are a reflection of the state of the system in general, in my opinion. Don't be discouraged by a long wait..Dr Epstein is worth the wait!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr. Epstein is an excellent Specialist. He is knowledgeable and compassionate. Two very important qualities in a Gastroenterologist. I feel very fortunate to have him following me.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Epstein as my GI guy. He has a fantastic bedside manner--very calm and reassuring. Let's face it, GI issues are very unpleasant. Dr Epstein makes procedures as comfortable as possible. He is a great listener and is happy to have patients as active participants in treatment plans. I can't speak highly enough!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr Epstein is a fabulous Doctor. Very professional, warm, friendly and kind. It takes a long time to get an appointment with him, but wait-times are certainly not his fault. He is often running late for clinic appointments but that appears to be because he takes his time answering questions and explaining treatments and procedures throughly. I have never felt rushed by him in clinic. He is happy to answer any and all questions and makes sure I am comfortable with the treatment plan at every turn. He is affable and knowledgeable and if you are lucky enough to be assigned to him as your GI Doc. you will be in great hands.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I have had the pleasure of having Dr Epstein as my GI Doctor since I was diagnosed. He had been a wonderful listener and takes great time to ensure things are going well. He will answer any questions and send referrals for areas he can't help you with. So glad to have gotten him as my GI guy :)

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I've seen him several times over the years, and am surprised by some of the reviews here. He has been nothing but professional, friendly, easy-going, calming, and knowledgeable with me. Takes a long time to get an appointment after being referred, but that's not his fault. Out of some of the other local gastroenterologists that I've heard about over the years, I feel very lucky that he's the one I see.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Epstein has been following me since 2011. He is knowledgeable and yet quick to confir with colleagues and other professionals should he feel it necessary. He is very professional and yet also very warm and friendly. I have some pretty big anxieties about medical procedures and he always takes the time to listen, reassure and even follow up afterwards to see how I am feeling. A real true gem of a specialist. Halifax is very lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

He started out great but got too hard to get necessary appts. Research skills really arent good, he somehow convinced another dr that i dont have the disease from my childhood that 2 pediatric nephrologists diagnosed me with after consulting with an expert in texas. Its hard to see someone young get jaded, he really is a sweetheart if you have a common disease.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

My husband was referred to and treated byDr. Epstein. He is a great doctor and we would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Epstein for about 6 years now, and couldn't ask for a better specialist! He's very knowledgeable, very friendly and compassionate. Goes the extra mile to make sure I'm comfortable and helps me understand my condition. He can be a bit tardy but he's very thorough

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016