Ratings for Dr. Ian Epstein

I've seen him several times over the years, and am surprised by some of the reviews here. He has been nothing but professional, friendly, easy-going, calming, and knowledgeable with me. Takes a long time to get an appointment after being referred, but that's not his fault. Out of some of the other local gastroenterologists that I've heard about over the years, I feel very lucky that he's the one I see.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Epstein has been following me since 2011. He is knowledgeable and yet quick to confir with colleagues and other professionals should he feel it necessary. He is very professional and yet also very warm and friendly. I have some pretty big anxieties about medical procedures and he always takes the time to listen, reassure and even follow up afterwards to see how I am feeling. A real true gem of a specialist. Halifax is very lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

He started out great but got too hard to get necessary appts. Research skills really arent good, he somehow convinced another dr that i dont have the disease from my childhood that 2 pediatric nephrologists diagnosed me with after consulting with an expert in texas. Its hard to see someone young get jaded, he really is a sweetheart if you have a common disease.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I would not even consider him as a doctor, think twice.My husband on tube feed throwing up green and dose not know what it is some GI doctor I think they should kick him out.When my husband had his stomach tube change Doc. agree to send a new replacement home ,instead he sent home a infected old one that was in his stomach and the wrong part.DO NOT DO IT go to someone else Please.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My husband was referred to and treated byDr. Epstein. He is a great doctor and we would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Epstein for about 6 years now, and couldn't ask for a better specialist! He's very knowledgeable, very friendly and compassionate. Goes the extra mile to make sure I'm comfortable and helps me understand my condition. He can be a bit tardy but he's very thorough

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Worst Dr I have ever seen. My daughter has a feeding tube broken and we have had 4 trips tp emerg with three of those trips supposedly to change the broken feeding tube, he doesn't show up and the one time he did we were put off to another day and he didn't show then either. I know our medical system is in the gutter but this is ridiculous. How is she supposed to get nutrition if she can't get get the tube changed? Frustrating!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Epstein since 2011. I have had no issues at all. Sometimes he may be a tad late for my apt but acknowledged it and allowed me to ask any and all questions. I am comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I agree that he was very confrontational and know it all. he quick to make judgment and does not investigate, easily passes off your issues. Basically if your not dying he thinks you have IBS. he is young but seems to be jaded already. Would not recommend him to anybody.

Submitted August 12, 2015

A wonderful physician in all aspects! Knows his stuff, yet is ready to say when he needs to get more details or refer to a specialist. One of the least self-centered people I know, and eager to have the patient as an active participant in their own care. The health care system certainly has it's challenges, but Dr. Ian gives me hope that caring people like him will help "make it better".

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

• Humana Gold Plus
  • Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
  • United Healthcare Options