Ratings for Dr. Erin Haney

I cannot say enough great things about this doctor. She listens, tests, observes, doesn’t condescend, and best of all, offers a sensible course of treatment with follow up. I won’t bore you with details of my odd circumstances but I am confident that I am in very good hands. I would recommend her a thousand percent.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2019

Dr. Haney is the best, and I mean the BEST neuro-ophthalmologist I have ever seen. When I was 13 I suffered a very severe concussion which produced many lasting side-effects including chronic migraines, decreased visual acuity, and extremely decreased peripheral vision. Due to my age I was initially treated at SickKids hospital. However, when I neared the age of 18 I needed to find a new ophthalmologist, I met with a few and Dr. Haney is by far the best. However, as I was graduating High School as well, I was leaving the province for post-secondary education. This prompted Dr. Haney to search with me for yet another doctor. Unfortunately Dr. Haney did not trust any of the other doctors in my university's province, especially not with the severity of my conditions. This left me with only having about a week per year in the same province as Dr Haney, and yet even though it may be short notice, she is always able to find time for her patients. She is not afraid to think outside the box, for instance she thought enough about my condition and the issues I have to try prism lenses, not to correct the image- but to widen my peripheral vision. This was something nobody had even considered with me prior to her. She is and probably will always be my favourite doctor. She may sometimes run late; but that is because she does not rush herself or her patients. She is AMAZING!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr. Haney is a caring and knowledgable doctor. I am recovering from a concussion and quite frankly would never have gotten well if I had not been under her care. I am fixing problems that I have had for years and now can see things that I have never seen before. I am very, very grateful!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

In one sentence: "Very caring and highly competent eye doctor with state of the art equipment," The office staff is very pleasant and helpful as well which is a nice bonus. Dr Haney diagnosed an eye coordination issue that several other eye doctors missed which was causing muscle strain and concentration problems. Unlike many skilled doctors who are arrogant and "it's my way or the highway", Dr Haney is VERY pleasant to work with. She is very patient, takes the time to explain what is happening and communicates in a pleasant and understandable manner so that I can make informed decisions. She was also willing to keep her ego out of the process and entertain coordination of treatment with alternative practitioners when appropriate which unfortunately in my experience is very rare in organized medicine I travel over 60km to her office because the combination of skill, knowledge, equipment and "bedside manner" is a very hard combination to find and Dr. Haney has all four.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr Erin is a knowledgeable and caring physician. I am recovering from a concussion and am finally getting well because knows her job! Her staff has also been wonderful to work with. They are a thoughtful and considerate group of people and greet you with a smile everyday!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Highly skilled eye doctor. They have very high tech equipment in their office.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016