Ratings for Dr. Chaman Chahal

Dr. Chahal is an amazing doctor. I have nothing but good things to say about him. He is a very knowledgeable doctor who looks at what's best for you as a patient but also looks at what is realistic. I would recommend dr Chahal to anyone in need of a neurologist.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

As someone with many medical issues and complexities , I unfortunately have had to see many doctors of all types of specialties. Dr. Chahal is an excellent doctor who knows his stuff and actually listens to you. He is also very personable and nice which is a bonus. I feel very lucky and thankful to have had the pleasure of his treatment. He is definitely one of the best doctors I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Please read this until the end. I am astonished to see any negative reviews here. Dr. Chahal has been my neurologist since I changed from a child neurologist to an adult neurologist close to five years ago. Immediately he was helpful, and he has been since. Knowing what a stubborn case of epilepsy I have, he has always listened to what is currently happening with me, and considered my history throughout every decision we've had to make. Anybody sent to Dr. Chahal is lucky. I have seen multiple neurologists throughout my life, and Dr. Chahal is definitely at the top of the list there. It seems like some of the people leaving negative comments have googled too much, and already "know" which tests and treatments they want, before going in. People see doctors for reasons, and that is to get professional medical opinions, because the patients typically do not have the knowledge and experience to decide on the best treatment before consulting. This is why Dr. Chahal takes his time to explain the most reasonable route that both (yes both, because he's there throughout your medical journey) of you should go down. In addition to that, he is also called down to the hospital in cases of emergency, so you can add "committed" onto a long list of other positive adjectives to describe him and his work. If you're reading this, Dr. Chahal. Thank you, good job, and ignore the haters.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Makes a great first impression and seems to listen but it ends there. Offered very little support and treatment options

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I'm appalled at some of the negative reviews people are writing. So not true.. Dr. Chahal is the most competent neurologist in the lower mainland that I have come across. His approach and listening skills are exceptionally phenomenal. Very caring, down to earth, very hard to find such a qualified intelligent Doctor. He is very informative and explains everything in a professional manner .He is very kind and helpful, I would highly recommend Dr.Chahal...

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Quite the first impression this guy makes: Late, abusively rude, and clueless. To see someone that young and inexperienced be so intolerant of their patients' humanity was absolutely horrifying. A pathetic excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

See someone else. I waited 3 months to see him and have been waiting another 4 months for the test results. I have called and been promised the results but still waiting. He should hire an assistant for the money he is being paid.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr Chahal was very friendly, pleasant and helpful. He did an extensive examination to assess my issue, and provided excellent explanations of the relevant medical terms. If I need to see a neurologist again I will definitely try to see Dr. Chahal.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Not the friendliest of people and he doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about. Reacted quite negatively, reminiscent perhaps of a petulant teenager, when I politely suggested that he might be missing something. Honestly, it was a little embarrassing to watch. Nevertheless, he did order the tests that I wanted, so it wasn't a complete waste of my time. Won't be going back though, that's for sure. Also, the receptionists appear to have nothing but contempt for the patients, which was a bit shocking.

Submitted June 22, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever seen. Atrocious bedside manners and no empathy whatsoever. His clinical competency is grossly suspect, which makes his in-your-face arrogance particularly hard to stomach. Just awful.

Submitted April 2, 2016