Ratings for Dr. Chaman Chahal

Quite the first impression this guy makes: Late, abusively rude, and clueless. To see someone that young and inexperienced be so intolerant of their patients' humanity was absolutely horrifying. A pathetic excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

See someone else. I waited 3 months to see him and have been waiting another 4 months for the test results. I have called and been promised the results but still waiting. He should hire an assistant for the money he is being paid.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr Chahal was very friendly, pleasant and helpful. He did an extensive examination to assess my issue, and provided excellent explanations of the relevant medical terms. If I need to see a neurologist again I will definitely try to see Dr. Chahal.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Not the friendliest of people and he doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about. Reacted quite negatively, reminiscent perhaps of a petulant teenager, when I politely suggested that he might be missing something. Honestly, it was a little embarrassing to watch. Nevertheless, he did order the tests that I wanted, so it wasn't a complete waste of my time. Won't be going back though, that's for sure. Also, the receptionists appear to have nothing but contempt for the patients, which was a bit shocking.

Submitted June 22, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever seen. Atrocious bedside manners and no empathy whatsoever. His clinical competency is grossly suspect, which makes his in-your-face arrogance particularly hard to stomach. Just awful.

Submitted April 2, 2016

Exceptional bed-side manners and very knowledgeable. Took his time to listen and explain the diagnosis and next steps.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Kept me waiting for more than an hour. When I finally got in to see him, he wasn't interested in listening to what I had to say and kept interrupting me. Unbelievably rude and dismissive. He told me that everything I was experiencing was “normal” (subsequent MRIs have overwhelmingly proven that to be false) and acted as if I was wasting his time for suggesting otherwise. A truly horrible doctor, in every way imaginable. I felt so much worse after seeing him, which I honestly didn't think was possible. Please avoid him at all costs.

Submitted February 22, 2016

Doctor Chahal was the neurologist I was referred to after experiencing mysterious symptoms and going to emergency rooms several times in a short time. He very quickly tackled my problems doing a number of tests, keeping me informed along the way. Although the source of my troubles has not been diagnosed, I have confidence that Dr. Chahal is doing everything possible to discover the problem. Perhaps the best thing about this doctor is his excellent bedside manner and the fact that he does not 'talk down' to me, but realizes that I am well-informed about my body and human physiology generally. I highly recommend Doctor Chahal.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I met Dr. Chahal when I was in Royal Columbian Hospital being treated for a stroke. I subsequently saw him in his office for a follow-up consultation. I believe his excellent medical advice was a major factor that contributed significantly to my full recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Chahal!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014