Ratings for Dr. Tom Troy

Dr Troy has retired. No one has taken over his practice. Dr. Dixon from North Vancouver has set up his own practice in Tsawwassen two days per week.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

TERRIBLE front end staff. I phoned today to discuss an issue with the receptionist and instead of having her speak to be as an adult and professionally she said "you can talk but I don't have to listen" This is very concerning to me as I was simply requesting to speak to Dr. Troy due to her mistreatment of a patient that I felt was borderline abusive and due to her untruthfulness. My experience with this office was absolutely terrible. I hope Dr. Troy is aware of how is receptionist is mistreating people and potentially harming his business and bottom line because I know I will never recommend him after my experience today and based on the other reviews it seems the feeling is negative across the board

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I would NEVER go back to Dr. Troys office or recommend him due to the unprofessional and disturbing experience I had with his front end staff. I found his receptionist to be rude, unprofessional, immature and unable to complete simple tasks such as keeping an appointment book organized and keeping her temper in check. I was referred to Dr. Troy by my local podiatrist for a laser treatment on my toenails. When I called his office weeks ago and made an appt, his receptionist confirmed that Dr. Troy was able to perform the laser treatment on my toenails that I was referred for. She then told me that the cost was $1000, not covered by BC medical and asked if I wanted to proceed - which I said yes. Upon arriving for my appt, I was told my appt was not in her book. I looked down and could see how this error could be made because the appointment book was a prehistoric coil ring book with names/dates/times written in pencil - it was very clear in my opinion that mistakes could be made very easily with this type of sloppy book keeping. I could clearly see where names had been crossed out, erased and re-entered at different times. It was a horrifying sight for someone who expects the upmost professionalism out of a Drs office, especially if I am going to pay $1000 for a service. I would expect, at the very least, that my appointment would be scheduled correctly. Unfortunately I was not afforded this decency. The receptionist attempted to blame me for the mishap and tells me that it is my fault that I am half an hour late for my appointment because SHE entered me in at 3:30 instead of 4pm as we had discussed. She then proceeded to tell me that if the 4pm appointment doesn't show up then Dr. Troy can see me. The receptionist was very rude and unpleasant to deal with and I thought about leaving but I had been waiting weeks and really needed this appointment as I had re-arranged my schedule for this appointment. Plus, I have been in a lot of pain and felt this appointment and treatment would help remedy some of the pain. I gave my care card to the receptionist and filled out the new patient form as she had requested. Once I returned in to her, not even 3 minutes later, she told me that Dr. Troy will not be able to see me because his wife was in the hospital. Why is he still in his office seeing patients if is wife is int he hospital? And what business is it of mine to know of anyone else medical condition? I am sure there are privacy laws that she just violated by telling me others people personal medial business. None the less, I asked when Dr. Troy would be able to see me next for the laser treatment. As to which she very rudely barked "he will not be able to see you today and he no longer does laser treatments, you will need to find someone else." I was clearly very shocked, displeased and horrified by her behavior. I thanked her for wasting my time and I left. Immediately I went on to Dr. Troys website and found that he does offer the laser treatment I was scheduled for. So to add insult to injury, I now feel very strongly that I was lied to. Not only that but the receptionist kept my drivers license and when I phoned to come back and pick it up, she refused to speak to me, my second call went straight to voice mail. I then had to get my mother to phone, and she was VERY rude to my Mother as well but my mother was able to request my license be put in the mail. I had a very negative experience and if I could offer my own personal opinion on this Dr's office, I would recommend anyone looking for a podiatrist in Ladner/Tsaw area to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. Troy is good and helpful, but never on time. The front staff on the other hand is awful and should be fired. I have been going to this podiatrist for five years and although I can't complain about the medical care I also cannot say he is the best ever. Unfortunately my former podiatrist has retired and on the other hand I have lost part of my mobility. If I could find another podiatrist in Tsawassen I would not hesitate giving him/her a try.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015