Ratings for Dr. Andrea Marando

I had a consultation with Mr Marando in April 2018 regarding having a neck lift. I had previously had a neck lift 7 years ago with another surgeon in Manchester so I had an idea about how the procedure etc went. Mr Marando was very thorough, honest and explained everything to me. I then returned to see him to ask more questions regarding the best procedure for me which was a lower facelift. My husband came with me to all the appointments and we were both confident that Mr Marando would be the best surgeon to do my procedure. We were not wrong! I/we are so pleased with the result. Mr Marando is excellent. On the day of surgery Mr Marando and his anaesthetist were so reassuring and made me feel confident with everything. The aftercare has been outstanding from both Mr Marando and Martina, nothing is too much trouble. Martina is always available if you have any worries and is very friendly, supportive and caring. 7 years ago when I had a neck lift with a different surgeon I didn’t get decent aftercare, in fact I think my whole experience was not very good. When I see how Mr Marando has been with me then I would highly recommend him and his team. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

Had open rhinoplasty with Mr Marando and I'm extremely happy with the results. Knew I had made the best decision just wish I've had it done years ago. The whole experience has been such a joy, with no pain what so ever . What a dream come true. Thank you to you Martina your exeteremly reassuring , and caring which helped me along this wonderful journey. Thank you to you both, and all your excellent team.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

30 years ago I had surgery, followed by corrective surgery through a large plastic surgery company. Both operations left me with a grade 4 capsular contracture - a long flat chest with two rock hard breasts that stuck out at 90 degrees and no self esteem. I returned to them every 5 to 10 years, but each time I had to wait for hours past my appointment time. The surgeons were very cold and dismissive and offered no hope that with further surgery the contracture would not return. However 6 months ago when I was on holiday I felt a pop and then softening sensation in my left breast. Being out of the country gave me time to stop panicking and read the reviews of every surgeon in the BAAPS & BAPRAS directories. These were all OK but nothing really made one of them stand out much from another. I then came across an article about the top 3 plastic surgeons in Manchester and Mr Marando was one of them. He had gone under my radar as he is registered with the Italian version of BAAPS, so was not listed in any of the U.K. directories. He specialised in plastic and reconstructive surgery, was dedicated to achieving a natural result and his online reviews were amazing! At that moment I knew that if anyone could help me it would be him. I would have traveled anywhere in the U.K. to find the right surgeon and luckily for me he was right on my doorstep. My first appointment was a relevation! He was kind, considerate, professional and understood my despair. He recommended polyurethane implants, as they have a far lower chance of contracture, combined with an uplift to get everything back in the right place. I had never really wanted an uplift as I just felt that I would just get the same rock hard breasts, higher up my chest with the addition of some pretty nasty scars. But Mr Marando gave me the confidence that it didn’t have to be that way. For the surgery I went to the Wilmslow day hospital. This initially concerned me, but Mr Marando reassured me that he hadn’t needed to use drains for many years and that plenty of time would be allowed for me to come round before going home to the comfort of your own bed, so all would be well. The hospital was very clean and modern and the staff were all delightful. Mr Marando took amazing care of me every step of the way, from the precise measuring up just before surgery to the the thorough debrief after. His personality made me feel as if we were taking this journey together, rather than me being just another body for him to operate on. The whole experience was second to none! There was discomfort for a week after the operation, but I felt no real pain and the scars are healing really fast with the ones around my nipple practically invisible already. It is now 7 weeks since the operation and I am ecstatic with the results. For the first time in my life I have soft, shapely breasts that look good in anything and my self confidence has returned. I really wish I had found Mr Marando years ago, but at least he was well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I am a fairly young patient and breast augmentation is something I have wanted from a young age when I knew I hadn't developed at all. However, I was very nervous about the actual procedure. I visited a few large companies who perform the procedure who gave me the impression, this procedure is nothing and gave me no further information than what I had already read through my own research. After this, on recommendation, I visited Dr Marando for a consultation who filled me with knowledge and in depth information about the procedure I wanted. From this moment, I knew I would stick with Dr Marando. Dr Marando went above and beyond my expectation, ensuring I fully understood the procedure I was having and after care required. Throughout the whole process, nothing was ever too much trouble, there was no pressure and he ensured this is something I really want to do, even on the day of surgery. This procedure was daunting for me, however Dr Marando put me at ease throughout the whole process due to his knowledge and continuous support. The after care is outstanding, I know I have support from him about anything after my procedure and in the future. You can ask him any question and he takes the time to give you a professional, honest answer. I knew I was in safe hands and trusted that he would do an outstanding job- which he did! I absolutely LOVE the results, it really has changed my life. I couldn't recommend Dr Marando enough. His expertise are amazing as well as his honesty and kindness.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Subject Lower Facelift. Having researched plastic surgeons for quite a while I was advised by a friend that Mr Marando was the only plastic surgeon she would recommend, having had a facelift plus remedial surgeries with him. I decided on her recommendation to go for a consultation. I was greeted by a very warm and efficient secretary who instantly made me feel at ease. On meeting Mr Marando he was very professional and keen to show me exactly what the procedure would entail. He took pictures of my face and told me in great detail what to expect throughout pre and post op surgery. He told me to go home and really think about it before I made a decision then go back for a second consultation to discuss things further. Which I did, then decided to go ahead with it. On day of my surgery I was admitted to the Gisburne Park hospital Clitheroe. From admittance to leaving the staff were incredible. Everything was explained and the nurses, theatre staff down to catering couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. Mr Marando came to see me before and after the procedure. He has a wonderfully calming manner that puts you at ease. After surgery obviously it was sore but nowhere near as horrendous as I thought it would be. I had minimal bruising and just felt I could sleep for a week. The first day I took painkillers but didn’t really need them day after to my surprise. After a week I returned to see Mr Marando, I was just ecstatic with the results. He’s turned back the clock and I feel like me again. My confidence has increased and everyone says how well I’m looking. Mr Marando is a master a Magician. He’s definitely a man who respects and likes and understands women. He’s quite empathetic too...... Would I recommend him? In an instant totally.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I was recommended by a friend who had a lower face lift over three years ago .so unhappy how I looked decided to have eyes neck and lower face lift ! Outcome amazing after only 4 weeks . Felt totally at ease from the first appt and Mr Marando provides support after operation . I would recommend totally

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Following a recommendation I visited Mr Marando and knew straightaway that he was the right surgeon for me. From the start to all my follow up consultations I was looked after and felt at ease. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my eye bag surgery and would recommend him to anyone. The Clinic is a calm environment and is helped by the amazing Martina, who is always available to answer your questions and adds to the overall experience. I would return again if I ever needed wanted further surgery.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Mr Marando was recommended to me by a family member. I had a breast uplift with implant replacement. From my very first meeting with Mr Marando I completely understood why he came so highly recommended and why all his previous reviews praised him so much . He is extremely professional, polite and his manner makes you feel completely at ease. I am absolutely thrilled with my results!! I can honestly say I trust him completely. I must also add that his Personal Secretary, Martina, is very welcoming , supportive and adds to the whole wonderful experience at Star Clinic. I would highly recommend Mr Marando to anybody.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Andrea is highly professional and his communication skills are excellent. He is very informative and his bedside manner is impeccable. Andrea has completed a number of procedures on myself and finally eradicated an old burn scar and graft I have had since a child, the results of which are absolutely excellent. To say I am very pleased is an understatement, I would highly recommend him to anybody. He has also helped to improve my Italian - thanks, Andrea. Many thanks also to Martina, his secretary who was also very efficient and friendly. Best regards, Mark

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I had a lower blepharoplasty (lower eyelid surgery) with Mr Marando at the Wilmslow Hospital. My lower eyelids were very loose and tired and they aged my appearance considerably. My experience with the surgeon from start to finish has been outstanding and I have nothing but the highest praise for him. I had several consultations prior that completely put me at ease with the procedure. The actual operation took place at Wilmslow Hospital and again I cannot praise the hospital highly enough. I had a general anaesthetic which was fine and I was completely awake and alert soon after being returned to my room. There was no post-operative bleeding, no pain and very little swelling and the operation sites healed very quickly and with no issues at all. Stitches were removed at the Star clinic 6 days later with no problems. The immediate improvement to my appearance was dramatic and friends who did not know that I had had any surgery said that I looked rested and well just weeks after the operation. Mr Marando is clearly right at the top of his field in this type of procedure, he is a consummate professional and I would very strongly recommend him to anyone considering this operation. I would also like to add that his office manager Martina is excellent, very welcoming and friendly and very good at sending out appointment reminders !

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018