Ratings for Dr. Naveeda Yasmeen

Been under her care for almost 3 years, but currently looking for another GP. I understand that her and her staff are busy, but getting an appointment with her basically consists of getting interrogated by her receptionist of why you need an appointment, which is unnecessary. Us Canadians pay for taxes so that we get free healthcare, if we feel obligated enough to call for an appointment, I don't think I need to explain myself to a receptionist if I don't want to tell her my health problems- not that it's any of their business as they cannot help me anyway. I understand that maybe it is their policy or something they have to ask, but they're very rude. They make you uneducated and talk down to you when you just want an appointment with a doctor. Dr Yasmeen is not very thorough, when you arrive for your appointment, you usually have to wait 10-20 minutes to be called inside. When youre inside, you have to add an additional 10-20 minutes on top of that since she sees two patients at once. One of her nurses come in to check on your blood pressure and ask you questions abut your current health or any results or concerns that was initially brought up. Then you wait again. Then you finally see Dr Yasmeen. She talks to you based on what the nurse has written down, and dismisses you after her diagnosis. If you forgot to tell the nurse about other problems you've been having and bring them up, she is very quick to dismiss it. I brought up a medical problem that's been lingering for over 3 years, she didn't bother examining me and dismissed it almost immediately. Very disappointed in this doctor. She seems very knowledgeable but does not care. You either have to be very sick or old for her to care and be Supportive or listen to what you're saying.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Excellent doctor, each time I go to see her she addresses all my concerns, listens to my problems and always has good suggestions and advice,very cooperative staff especially the nurse always there for you. all my family is very happy with the way she treats us.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

She is an amazone GP and hier staff are so thorough. They are so busy and still offer amazing care. I feel in great hands with her. She is great with my kids too.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Excellent doctor,very caring and knowledgable. Each time i go have a good experience. My all family is very happy that we have her as our family doctor

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Excellent dr, will listen to you and take appropriate actions. Very helpful. Strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

I respect my doctor because her actions/ decisions show her judgement and her knowledge. Few months ago I visited her with my son and I requested ultrasound for his one of health concern which she ordered but when I requested yearly ultrasound as I was concerned about my son's risk of developing cancer, she refused mentioning that there are no guidelines about yearly ultrasound. As a mother I did not like the answer but I knew she is right as well so I took her advise. The next day my family doctor called me twice to update the results of ultrasound. Sharing the similar profession, I don't think that I can find a doctor more better than her because she has great work of ethics. I can't pay off for her efforts of calling me twice and updating me the results other than to write few words in her honour and saying Thank you Dr. Yasmeen

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013