Ratings for Dr. Naveeda Yasmeen

Dr. Yasmeen has always been knowledgeable and helpful and nice. Sincerely 5/5. The Nurses there, most if not all are long term and are solid. 5/5. Reception, yikes. 50% of the issue is getting a hold of someone, during working hours. The other 50% is the challenge of booking, seeing as they don't like to provide scheduled visits (told it's an Ontario thing), booking is brutal for those that work full-time in a different city. I do agree with the wait times described... there is always a predictable wait at each step of the way. Maybe this is built in because Hamiltonion's are statistically late? Not sure. I'm punctual, and always wait. Note: It appears true - doctors prefer 1 (or 2 max) item(s) per visit... it's something to do with remuneration, billing, payments, etc. It's frustrating as many of us have more than one thing to chat about...

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

I have been with Dr. Yasmeen for about 10 years. I have nothing but good experiences with the medical care I have received. Sandra (Nurse) is absolutely wonderful as well. Dr. Yasmeen will look for alternatives before issuing any unnecessary medications. She has always had the best interest of my health. I have never had a problem getting same day appointments . She listens to my concerns and addresses them very quickly. The clinic as a whole is very patient oriented. Each time I call for any medical related questions that I feel don't require a doctors visit, Sandra promply returns my calls and address my concerns and will determine if I require a visit to the clinic. I am very happy with the care I receive and couldn't ask for a better clinic, nurse or doctor.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

I find this doctor disrespectful. She has made it clear that she doesn't accept my taking responsibility for my own health and dismisses my wish to not be on all kinds of medication. The last time that I visited her, she was verging on sarcastic in her attitude and disinterested in my well being. She refused to send me for blood work when I told her that I'd been more tired than usual - I am an energetic senior. Her reason was that I'd had blood work done 8 months previously. I also agree with the person who dislikes having to give the nurse/receptionist personal information about the reason for the appointment. The only light in all of this practice is one of their nurse practitioners who is genuinely interested in my well-being.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Me and my family had been with her for 7 years now. Always had excellent care and treatment. The office staff and wonderful and the doctor is very kind and professional.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Excellent physician and great team of nurses and staff. I highly recommend her. Always on time and give you the most appropriate treatment.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Me and my family had been with her since our old doctor retired, very knowledgeable and experienced doctor, listens to you and reacts very appropriate to your concerns. I appreciate that she avoids un necessary tests and referrals But takes action when needed. Strongly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Excellent doctor, very good bed side manners , very knowledgeable and treats you well.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Been under her care for almost 3 years, but currently looking for another GP. I understand that her and her staff are busy, but getting an appointment with her basically consists of getting interrogated by her receptionist of why you need an appointment, which is unnecessary. Us Canadians pay for taxes so that we get free healthcare, if we feel obligated enough to call for an appointment, I don't think I need to explain myself to a receptionist if I don't want to tell her my health problems- not that it's any of their business as they cannot help me anyway. I understand that maybe it is their policy or something they have to ask, but they're very rude. They make you uneducated and talk down to you when you just want an appointment with a doctor. Dr Yasmeen is not very thorough, when you arrive for your appointment, you usually have to wait 10-20 minutes to be called inside. When youre inside, you have to add an additional 10-20 minutes on top of that since she sees two patients at once. One of her nurses come in to check on your blood pressure and ask you questions abut your current health or any results or concerns that was initially brought up. Then you wait again. Then you finally see Dr Yasmeen. She talks to you based on what the nurse has written down, and dismisses you after her diagnosis. If you forgot to tell the nurse about other problems you've been having and bring them up, she is very quick to dismiss it. I brought up a medical problem that's been lingering for over 3 years, she didn't bother examining me and dismissed it almost immediately. Very disappointed in this doctor. She seems very knowledgeable but does not care. You either have to be very sick or old for her to care and be Supportive or listen to what you're saying.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Excellent doctor, each time I go to see her she addresses all my concerns, listens to my problems and always has good suggestions and advice,very cooperative staff especially the nurse always there for you. all my family is very happy with the way she treats us.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

She is an amazone GP and hier staff are so thorough. They are so busy and still offer amazing care. I feel in great hands with her. She is great with my kids too.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016