Ratings for Dr. Firdaus Mydeen

Dr. Mydeen has been such a great doctor to myself and children. I totally recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Mydeen has been my physician for several years and has supported me through several difficult medical issues. I have always felt 'heard', he is compassionate, very knowledgable, professional and explores options available to me 'with' me. I would say he is one of the best physicians I have ever had and hold him the highest regard. Dr. Mydeen is also very active in this community.....to improve hospital care, to bring new physicians to the community, and he often 'takes on' interns for periods of time.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

My experience with Dr.Mydeen has been a good one. Office staff takes you in if is needed. He's usually on time. With me, he does not rush anymore than we are both comfortable with, to the point that I am usually the one that wants to get out of there. He is very knowledgable, in my opinion. I had bypass surgery a year ago so I have seen him many times over the process, not just a yearly checkup. I can't think of anytime that he didn't conduct himself as described above.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I have been dealing with Dr. Mydeen for several years and we've been through some difficult medical times. He is very friendly but behaves in a professional manner, is compassionate and caring ..... He listens! I have learned the he is very open to discussing my medical situation, options available, medications available and what he recommends. He is quick to refer if 'we' feel I require the attention of a specialist. He doesn't just give me a prescription ...he has a more wholistic approach. I hold him in high regard.....

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Mydeen has always been a kind and compassionate man. Though I did not meet him under good circumstances ( as he informed me of my father's passing due to Dr Steyn's complete incompetence and negligence) he has proven himself over and over to be a great family practitioner. He always takes the time to listen to any concerns and is quick to refer when needed. Example: my young son's frequent colds which turned out to be asthma complicated by a rash of underlying allergies. His evening clinics are a Godsend to those of us who work and live outside Westlock. His reception and managerial staff are always attentive and accommodating. Thumbs up to a great Dr.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

We saw him in the ER; due to my father choking and aspirating. He did not even perform an exam. He had reviewed the x-ray, wrote a prescription and said to follow up with our family doctor in five days. We will be filing a formal complaint as his practice was not acceptable, neither was that of majority of the hospital staff.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Dr MYDEEN has been great to accommodate me on short notice and has been very helpful with any issues I have had. As a rule I am very healthy, however lately I have had some issues which Dr MYDEEN has been great working with me through this. Thanks to the Dr and his staff,

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. Mydeen does not care about his patients. Unless you are a fit young person he doesn't listen to his elderly patients and prescribe them with drugs that they do not need. Well you're a doctor in a town that has a majority of elderly people living in it, you should treat everyone like an equal. He calls in his patients to discuss test results to say that the tests came in negative just to get paid by Albert health. Not to mention the office that he practices in, they do not keep anything confidential. I've over heard the "office manager" discussing patients info to family members out of office hours.

Submitted September 14, 2015

In all aspects, Dr. Mydeen has been a blessing to me and my family

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

So grateful to this doctor! Dr. Mydeen takes care of my whole family and I couldn't be happier. He runs a busy clinic but tries to accommodate last minute requests. He is also one of the few doctors in town that has an evening clinic, which is helpful when it is difficult to take time off from work. Compassionate and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015