Ratings for Dr. John E. Asher

I can't believe this crook is still in business! I visited him back in 2004, when he easily (and fraudulently) diagnosed me with a parasite that is in fact hard to detect on the first try. Since I did not actually have that parasite, I was not cured by the first course of pills and had to go through testing and treatment again. Finally, I went to a gastro-enterologist who knew that Asher had been barred from practicing medicine because of medicaid fraud. With me, apart from the total waste of time (turned out I was lactose intolerant, nothing more) he did a double-billing so that he could scam my insurance company and put money in my pocket at the same time.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

For over thirty years he has been in the private practice of infedctious Diseasepnly.In the first decade he treated only gat men,mny of whom had parasites (and were subseauently found to have G.R>I> D >(later named A,I.D.S. and found to be due to H .I.V.With the help of the N.Y.C. Department of Health, he closed the bath houses.By the mid 1090,s he had 1800 gay m en in his practice (after all his efforts were repeatedly published in the local N.Y.C. Gay Newspaper The New York Native.By 1990 only four were living.!!!! Because of this depressing statistic, he gave up seeing patients with H.I.V. and saw In Consultation since that time patients with Infectious Diseases especially those of the gastrointestinal Tract , and any difficult to diagnose. He is the real Dr. Gregory House.(without the sociopathic behavior, drug addiction, hatred of oatients/people, ir leg ijury.After hjearing avout his overall excellence, I and two of my friends came from Florida to see him and I have receivedcame

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

Avoid this doctor John Asher at all costs. He does not know to test for parasites. And uses some enema method to test as fresh stool. My money was completely wasted. And he failed to find what I had. What was more appalling was that he smokes in his own office! A doctor who does not care for his own health does not care for the patients. He always tell patients that parasites are in their heads, and he asked me to go and see a psychiatric!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I saw D. John Asher in May of 2011, and spent close to $2000 on testing. initially, before he did the tests, he said that parasites are what I had in my "head" and could not understand my symptoms such as severe back pain, fatigue, rashes, inability to sleep, brain fog, and joint pain; and so many other problems; I had been deadly ill for 10 months; for my joint pain, he sent me to get ex-rays! I asked if ex-rays show parasites? Then he said it was all in my head! Then he found Blastocystis, and said wrongly it was pathogenic. As I did not get better, Asher finally said he could not help me any more, I need to go to a Gastro spcialists! Then later, I went to another superb doctor on 5th avenue who does a sigmoidscope testing with mucosal sample, and he found the true parasite that Dr. Asher missed in all his supposedly best testing. And I was treated with proper medications to kill the parasite, which Dr. Asher did not even know. Dr. Asher treats everything with Metronidazole.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012