Ratings for Dr. Donald J. McGonigal

Had me waiting a 2 hours even though appointment was booked

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

My experience with Dr Mcgonial was amazing he was caring considerate listen to all my questions with all my fears I had he always assured me I would be in good hands I would recommend him forsure ! I have total hip replacement now on the road to recovery

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr. McGonigal is the surgeon who performed a knee arthroplasty on my left knee. His treatment was exceptional and the entire pre to post surgical care was excellent. I found Dr. McGonigal to be professional, knowledgeable and possessing strong interpersonal skills. He clearly explained the surgical process, made me feel less anxious prior to the surgery and updated my family after the surgery. His post surgery care was excellent. Most importantly, my recovery has been swift and my mobility is the best it has been in years. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Dr. McGonigal.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr. McGonigal is an indifferent doctor! Indifferent to the outcome and his patient's feelings. When I express concern about the extreme pain and discomfort after surgery, and whether this was normal, he commented: "I wouldn't know as I have never had a knee replacement." Keep looking for qualified surgeon who is professional in his work and communications.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I have seen this Doctor now 3 times and he is great!! If I ever need surgery then I know whom to go to. If he comes across as abrupt, it is because of all the issues he deals with at other hospitals along with Etobicoke. He is GREAT!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

I came to the clinic as a referral for a specialist after severely spraining my foot. My appointment was for 10:30am and as 10:30 rolled around they were still seeing patients who had 9am appointments! What is the point of an appointment if they treat it like a walk in clinic? The waiting room is huge but it was packed with people and it is pretty dark and dingy. I would never return to this clinic. I arrived early so as not to miss my appointment, so I ended up waiting around for more than 2 hours. Would have been nice to know in advance that I could have showed up late and been fine.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Can't imagine why anyone would want to continue to be a patient of this doctor once you see how he is. Does not seem to understand how to diagnose his patients. Puts his patients at risk.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Consider a different doctor. This one does not pay attention to his patients. Put a patient at risk because he refused to listen to what was being said. Too arrogant to pay attention. Suggest you seek the opinion of another doctor if this one drags his feet on proper care. He seems to have forgotten the "do no harm" part of the oath he took. Not doing anything while patients get sicker is as bad as failing at a procedure. Sad. Patient beware. There are many other doctors who will take their oath and responsibilities seriously and professionally.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

This doctor is absolutely incompetent and talks to patients as though they are incapable of understanding complex diagnoses. He continuously sent an 85 year old woman for ultrasounds when it was abundantly clear that an MRI would have been infinitely more helpful. His incompetence has led to a 4 month wait which has only extended his patient's pain and suffering. He is lucky we live in Canada and he cannot be sued for malpractice. His patient is now in another hospital being treated by other physicians.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

He may be a good doctor, but he is rude. I heard him outside commenting why I was referred to him...he seemed bothered by my type of injury. Once in, he was short, rude and treated me as if I was in a police interrogation. I am a medical assistant and I found his behaviour very demeaning and obnoxious. He did nothing for me and I left feeling discouraged. I am being referred to another physician who can hopefully help me. I would not recommend him. He needs to learn common courtesy.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015