Ratings for Dr. Da Mendonca

He didn’t take any time out to help figure out what my issue is. I almost cried while leaving the office because I had so much hope that he would find out what’s been causing my horrible symptoms but instead I left with nothing , not even further testing. When I asked for a MRI, he said he cannot order one because he orders “too many”. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

I had to return the next day after EMG as he was too busy to talk to me. I am way out of town, not a 10 minute drive - but 2 hours. I have a rare spinal disease that was diagnosed in the US as Canada wouldn't step up. Mendonca has the nerve to change the condition, said my rare disease was a prior, and stuck a label on me that is not only damaging to further help, but very incorrect. It's taken me years and some to be taken seriously by anyone. I dont believe he is very good at diagnosis, this was my case anyhow. A friend told me he was great for migraines. Maybe he needs to stick with that. His front office gal was nice, a little ditsy and talkative, but she did fax for what the paper is worth a copy of the report for me, it's worth nothing really once I read it. Junk is what I would prefer or recycle. It is what it is. if you have a serious nerve problem and or condition, I would seek a university hospital neuro, you will have better luck.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

His receptionist is awful and doesn't return calls. When I brought it up with dr. Mendonca he couldn't stop talking about how busy he was. My Issue was never addressed by him and it was borderline impossible to book follow up appointments to discuss results (because his receptionist never answers the phone). Worst medical experience of my life

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Very professional yet compassionate. I love to receive reminder calls for my appointments.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

his receptionist is incompetent, and he is clearly very busy. He needs to employ competent staff. His manner is abrupt at best. I think he has changed considerably in the last 2 years

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

New condition was diagnosed which was pretty hard to take. Seemed a little nonchalant about it.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

New condition for me and he explained it very well and was sympathetic top my concerns

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I have a rare presentation of a rare condition and Dr. Mendonca is highly intelligent yet humble enough to think outside the box; consider less likely possibilities, apologize and admit a need for learning where due. He explains things well, allowed for true partnership in my treatment and management. I owe him many thanks.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

He's intelligent and considerate. He's treated me as a partner in the diagnostic process, and I value that highly. He doesn't claim to be omniscient and will say when he needs to do more research on a particular symptom. I respect and trust him.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013