Ratings for Dr. Marijana Drandic

This Amazing Doctor took her time with me and possibly saved my life. And her colleague Dr.K. also Over and above his duties as a Doctor just Amazing these 2 Doctors saved me Thank You. You will not find better Doctors then the 2 of them.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Drandic is very positive and helpful. She makes good suggestions, is not too heavily handed with medications and never seems to rush you out the door. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Been seeing her for about 5 years now. She sure knows what she's talking about. I never feel like she judges me, and she appears to honestly care about my well being. She makes sure that I get an appointment if there is an emergency. Always on top of how my meds are working for me, and always changes them if there is something wrong. Don't know what I'd do without her help over the years. Although she is great, I find her secretaries are often rude and abrupt.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

She is not a good doctor. Always focus on medication. she doesn't take any time to get to know you as a patient. She is always late plus she doesn't listen to family members concerns. Would not recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Even though she may take a while on some occasions, I have had many visits with Dr. Drandic where I have showed up for my appointment and immediately saw her. She is patient, kind and respectful of what her patients are going through. I have never had a time issue where I have felt like she has rushed me. If I am dealing with a lot, she understands and gives me the time to talk to her. She makes an effort to get in contact with other physicians so that patient car is optimized. I have been given medication, but she always asks me if I am an comfortable taking everything so its my choice in the end. Every patients experience is different, and so far, my experience has been great!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Drandic's for 3.5 years and am extremely happy with her. I agree that there is often a long waiting period but this is generally the case when seeing a psychiatrist(believe me I've seen plenty around the GTA and Boston). I find that she is quite attentive and addresses any concerns I have regarding mood or medications. I have had bad reactions to medication and she has called me personally (not just through an assistant) and made room in her schedule to see me right away.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Waiting for a doctor is common practice at this point, so I'm not going to drone on about wait times. Instead let's talk about Dr.Drandic. Dr. Drandic has proven to be a fantastic help to me. She listens to you without the slightest hint of judgement, and is always offers advice that seems doable. After having gone to numerous therapists and becoming disillusioned with the psychiatric practice as a whole, it is nice to know that there are still caring people out there. I highly recommend Dr. Drandic to anyone seeking help.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

I was so put off by psychiatry as a whole practice after seeing three different doctors over the last three years, improperly diagnosed, and bullied at times. I met Dr Drandic recently and had a phenomenal experience. A psychologist provides talk therapy, a psychiatrist usually prescribes and monitors medications. Dr Drandic's job isn't to necessarily provide talk therapy and yet she did. She wanted to get to know me as a person and to better understand my history. We ended up speaking for 45 minutes! I felt an enormous amount of weight lifted off my shoulders after speaking with Dr Drandic and hearing her recommendations. There will be a wait time doesn't doctor you see, and not every doctor will have a neat and tidy office, and although I didn't experience a late or messy appointment, I would not judge her attributes as a medical professional based on those circumstances alone. In saying that, you need to have a connection with your doctor, I am pleased that I have finally done so.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

the first 2 comments are exactly my experience. ALSO she charged me $100 each time I missed a appointment; not booking me again until I paid (2 missed appt=$200). 1 time when I was uncontrollably shocked at her messy office & couldn't stop looking around: she upped my dose of medication because she found I was "shifty". I couldnt believe a doctor could be SOOO messy. when my Dad tried to tell her something I had told him about my past she said "oh well knowing _my name_"...; indeed alleging I was a avid liar. which is funny because even people who DONT like me know me to be quite honest on most occasion (brutally). My Dad was offended as well & I havent seen her since.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

She is never on time and does not care about how you feel, all she cares about is the medication. She likes to think that everything she suggest to is the answer. If it doesn't work then you failed not her. I thought being a psychiatrist meant you listened to a patients feelings and thoughts? Not with her, she says what she has to say and if you disagree with her, she treats you like a child and then dismisses you. I guess because she thinks that she has cured me? I have had my last appointment with these OHIP doctors. They don't seem to care about finding you a solution or caring about you at all. Dr. Drandic is not good at her profession. I find that she is very moody and demanding with me. Plus, she told me when I started seeing her that she is constantly late, and that my appointments were suppose to last at least 30 mins. My appointments are 5-10 minutes long and all she does is keep giving new prescriptions. If she recommends reading mayerial to purschase, don't buy it!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013