Ratings for Dr. Patrick Chan

So far I am more the impressed. Dr Chan is the FIRSTA doctor to take me seriously and not treat me like a drug addict. As a teen I made mistakes and this severely effects how I receive treatment now. Until Dr Chan I didn't have a life. Within two months I was living again. Even if it's less than 12 hours without pain it's more than i have had in forever. He was willing to work with me and made me feel extremely comfortable and informed with my active rehabilitation treatment plan. He doesn't just want to medicate me, he wants to fix me. Dr. Chan takes a personal role in your life, as an example, he personally called me on a Sunday to give me my test results as he had just received them. I have never received results on a weekend and have NEVER ONCE been personally called by a doctor. When we changed my medication on my request in an attempt to get better pain relief he agreed without hesitation. When I needed to change back because it wasn't working for me and making me ill he personally called me back and had it taken care of over the phone So I didn't have to make a trip in. He did make it clear that me seeing him is not long term and is working with me until we find a proper solution and then my PCP will take over. He also was very positive with me about what I can expect in terms of recovery by also cautioned me not to be too disappointed if I don't recover 100%. Honestly I was a bit afraid to see him after reading the other reviews and media stories but after meeting with him I have no doubt that he has my best interest in mind.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Chan prescribed me some medication and discussed other options if the medication didn't work for my chronic pain. I contacted his office to book a follow-up as the medication he prescribed did not help at all. He declined to see me again and sent me back to my referring doctor. He was nice and seemed like he wanted to help but i was very shocked and bothered that i waited so long to see him, then to be put on medication that did not work and i couldn't even follow-up with him to discuss further treatment... !?!? Not very impressed

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

This dr shouldn't have his license to practice He pushed pills after pill and when those didn't work he stoppseeing me When my disability insurance wrote to him asking for information about me as a patient, he refused to comment stating he only saw me a couple times. I saw him alot more that two times so he blatantly lied to the insurance company With the charges he faced in the usa, he tried to come back to canada to practice being a surgeon here. The UofA revoked his ability to practice surgery. His own colleges thinks he is joke and shouldn't be practicing If this isn't enough to convince you to stay away then you're in for a rough ride so hold on tight.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Offered one drug, butrans, then the same thing in suboxone, when that didn't work doubled the dose. Waste of time

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Had a great experience with Dr. Chan. He listened to my concerns, discussed different methods of relief, agreed on a plan we both felt happy with. I waited four years to have a silver lining like this, I am ever so grateful to have this experience. It was a welcoming feeling to have a doctor listen and not rush me out of the office.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

This doctor does not listen to your concerns. I hope I have right Doctor Patrick D S Chan. I am talking about the man from the Lifemark. I ask him to medicate burning in extremities which ended up being severe cellulitis......Omg ....ppl espeally doctors disgust me The ones that should know how to communicate don't know how at all. Can't or don't care cause they are babies. I had a really bad hip and was on some pretty strong pain meds .........This guy couldn't wait to rush me off medications I wasn't ready to get off. If this is the man that did all that stuff in the states he should stay there. ........

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Chan is driven by money, he won't help you if you are on disability, regardless of how serious it is as he doesn't want to lose business dealings with the insurance companies he works with. He was convicted in the US after a lengthy investigation by the FBI. He lost his license there & was kicked out of the US. Read below: http://www.yourlawyer.com/articles/title/device-makers-and-doctors-relationships-sometimes-far-too-cozy https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/are/news/2008/April/Channsent%20040308.pdf http://m.startribune.com/part-ii-for-companies-courting-surgeons-how-far-is-too-far/27977719/ I agree with some of the recommendations below: 1. "please do your research before joining the waiting list for this rehab an save yourself the pain I went through " 2. " he prescribed narcotics without explaining or invving the patient " Excerpt from an article on him: " The profit-oriented U.S. system, by far the most expensive per capita in the world, can also exert negative pressures on health care, exemplified by the experiences of another Canadian neurosurgeon who went south. Dr. Patrick Chan’s desire for more OR time led to clashes with colleagues in Edmonton, prompting him to set up practice in Searcy, Ark., in 2000. A workaholic by most accounts, he quickly accumulated a small fortune of $10-million. He also caught the attention of U.S. police. Dr. Chan was convicted in 2008 of accepting thousands of dollars in cash kickbacks from a medical-device company. Perhaps more troubling, he also faced a slew of lawsuits from patients who allege he needlessly operated on them to fill out his billings, causing irreparable harm in some cases. "

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Not helpful . Doesnt explain treatmemt & keeps prescribing narcitics & increasing dosage instead of trying other methods. I agree with one of the reviews below that said he only cares about money.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Very helpful & thorough explanation of injury, treatment & expected outcome.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I found Dr. Chan to be very helpful and knowledgeable. When I had my knee replacement surgery, he cordinated with my rehab doctor to ensure I was getting the best treatment and pain control possible. He's great!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016