Ratings for Dr. Patrick Chan

Offered one drug, butrans, then the same thing in suboxone, when that didn't work doubled the dose. Waste of time

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Had a great experience with Dr. Chan. He listened to my concerns, discussed different methods of relief, agreed on a plan we both felt happy with. I waited four years to have a silver lining like this, I am ever so grateful to have this experience. It was a welcoming feeling to have a doctor listen and not rush me out of the office.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

This doctor does not listen to your concerns. I hope I have right Doctor Patrick D S Chan. I am talking about the man from the Lifemark. I ask him to medicate burning in extremities which ended up being severe cellulitis......Omg ....ppl espeally doctors disgust me The ones that should know how to communicate don't know how at all. Can't or don't care cause they are babies. I had a really bad hip and was on some pretty strong pain meds .........This guy couldn't wait to rush me off medications I wasn't ready to get off. If this is the man that did all that stuff in the states he should stay there. ........

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Chan is driven by money, he won't help you if you are on disability, regardless of how serious it is as he doesn't want to lose business dealings with the insurance companies he works with. He was convicted in the US after a lengthy investigation by the FBI. He lost his license there & was kicked out of the US. Read below: http://www.yourlawyer.com/articles/title/device-makers-and-doctors-relationships-sometimes-far-too-cozy https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/are/news/2008/April/Channsent%20040308.pdf http://m.startribune.com/part-ii-for-companies-courting-surgeons-how-far-is-too-far/27977719/ I agree with some of the recommendations below: 1. "please do your research before joining the waiting list for this rehab an save yourself the pain I went through " 2. " he prescribed narcotics without explaining or invving the patient " Excerpt from an article on him: " The profit-oriented U.S. system, by far the most expensive per capita in the world, can also exert negative pressures on health care, exemplified by the experiences of another Canadian neurosurgeon who went south. Dr. Patrick Chan’s desire for more OR time led to clashes with colleagues in Edmonton, prompting him to set up practice in Searcy, Ark., in 2000. A workaholic by most accounts, he quickly accumulated a small fortune of $10-million. He also caught the attention of U.S. police. Dr. Chan was convicted in 2008 of accepting thousands of dollars in cash kickbacks from a medical-device company. Perhaps more troubling, he also faced a slew of lawsuits from patients who allege he needlessly operated on them to fill out his billings, causing irreparable harm in some cases. "

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Not helpful . Doesnt explain treatmemt & keeps prescribing narcitics & increasing dosage instead of trying other methods. I agree with one of the reviews below that said he only cares about money.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Very helpful & thorough explanation of injury, treatment & expected outcome.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I found Dr. Chan to be very helpful and knowledgeable. When I had my knee replacement surgery, he cordinated with my rehab doctor to ensure I was getting the best treatment and pain control possible. He's great!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I waited almost 2yrs to get into his rehab an for the first bit he was good then the new drugs stopped working n for 4 mths I told him to switch my meds n he refused saying I needed to find a doctor who will give one specific drug but I tried in Onoway, Stony Plain, spruce grove, an all of west edmonton w no luck since no one is taking patients w high end meds as well that specific drug. When I told him he said to keep trying an then significantly lowered my one drug so quickly to point where I was starting withdrawal. He only changed my drug when I got others involved. Also denied knowing I was w wcb n never send in reports til the worker requested more information. I don't trust this man anymore since everything came to play...please do your research before joining the waiting list for this rehab an save yourself the pain I went through

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Chan you should Google him he's a known convicted criminal in the state of Arkansas as well as federal felon in USA. Used to work in Calgary went to USA and now in Edmonton. Becarefull out for the almighty dollar

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

This doctor is very dumb does not help anyone that sees him and Is on narcotics should deport back to china

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015