Ratings for Dr. M Das

After reading all the negative ratings here! I can certainly relate! This Dr. I truly believe has some serious mental issues himself! No kidding Having said this because we saw him for issues related to Psychiatry,how is going to question him? They will believe his words over ours , why? Because mental illness or disorders in Alberta is at the bottom of the health care system! These psychos are allowed to play with the mind of a person who is already vulnerable and take advantage of us further! I saw this man last October 2017 for a taper he put me on to get off benzodiazepines the following January 2017! Because my Family Doctor doesn’t have a clue how to taper off this medication he referd me to Dr. Das for assistance! Well what he told me in the beginning was not what he told me when I hit rock bottom in October on his taper! I was totally not functioning, I was suffering horrible physically and mentally!! I entered his office, I must mention he is always prompt, I think due to he is not a busy Doctor and his lack of knowledge on mental disorders and medication is a big part of it! First he asked me why was I back to see him!! He said you were just here not that long ago? Confused I said yes last January. He said no a couple of months ago. I thought, what! Then he looked at me weird and sais, Oh what’s your name ? He picked up my file and said, Oh your so and so! I thought you were another patient that Dr. — refereed to me! OMG , I was scared then! I said noI am not. Ok then what and why are you here? All you had to do was take one look at me to see I was not well! I proceeded to explain why, I was cut off right away! He said there is no way this taper is doing this to you! Then he said how much are you tapering at a time? I told him and again, he said too fast that why you’re sick! I told him what he told me to do he even wrote it down for me and my Doctor! He denied it!! He said you need to adjust it when it gets to much! What! You could not tell me that last January? My life has been hell! See I Must mention benzodiazepines taper is hard and you have to be committed to doing it. Which I was, he did tell me it would be hard at the schedule he gave me but it could be done! So I thought that’s what was going on with me!! Until I was at the point where I wasn’t functioning! Getting back to him and the visit, he told me I was in bad shape and heading for the Psycho ward! Like I wanted to hear that! He said look at yourself! Your sick and will only get worse! I can’t even begin to tell you what ran through my mind! I started to ask him some questions about the medication and the taper, He interrupted me and told me” see it’s your personality disorders coming out” I said what? He said you’re arguing with me because you have personality disorders! Really? You can actually diagnose that ? Really? So he went on to tell me it was not withdrawing from the medication that was making me feel this way it was me making myself sick and I didn’t even realize it!Because I had personality disorders! I started to cry I was so shocked and felt this man is horrible! He then said you need to go back up in dose until you deal with the disorders!! Then I mentioned I may try medical Cannabis!! Wrong subject, but I did almost laugh in his face!! He said OMG No !! You will die!! It’s not Government Approved! Really but this poison benzodiazepines is!! And I am totally damaged by them because I was prescribed them take as needed for years!! I have yet in my experience seen any person suffer this horrible trying to get off Cannabis But thousands trying to get off benzodiazepines damaged for life and struggle to survive every day! I proceeded to tell him I worked so damn hard to get down from 22 mg of diazepam to 5 mg and was not going back up! Again there is the disorders coming out if you don’t go up you will end up very ill look at you you’re a mess At that point I knew he was a quack I walked out threw away his prescription for 10 mgs and said he is going to really hurt someone bad before the medical profession take a look at him The day I get off this taper which I might add on my own with no medical help except an on line support group I am down to 2.4 mg yes it’s damn hard but slow and easy and it can be done I hope one day to walk into his office and show him he was wrong However he may be doing this to others who will actually believe and trust him! Believe me I felt like coming home and ending it because I had no support and he totally made me feel like I was crazy and if I didn’t listen to him I could die and yes he actually told me that But something inside me said he is mentally not well himself!! I thank the Good Lord above for pointing that out to me Please if anyone out there can take all these bad reviews and look at this seriously so he is going to harm someone PS he also told me he thought I needed more psychiatric medication added if I would take it

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

Overview: All the 1 star reviews are pretty spot on with my experience. He "figured me out" within a few minutes of the appointment, latched on to one diagnosis and was pretty condescending in the process. Completely ignored my entire set of issues, only focusing on the ones that cemented his initial idea of what was wrong. Consult Report: Was told that he would have his report in 2-3 weeks, it took about 8 weeks of rescheduling with my GP to finally review the results, which i just asked for a secondary consultation regardless as i have no faith in his diagnosis anymore. Manner: Dr. Das seems to like to not tell you what he is thinking, instead, tries to lead you to his thinking, which can be a helpful tool to understand the reasons for a diagnosis, but it becomes excessive and painfully uncomfortable, seemingly to make you feel uneasy or uncomfortable. Treatment: Once you did accept his diagnosis though, he seemed pretty reasonable when discussing treatment options and took input/concerns seriously, trying to work out the best plan moving forward. Though that plan couldn't move forward as after 8 weeks of waiting for the consult report, and noticing the initial medicine prescribed by him had stopped improving my condition, i decided i would prefer to just have a secondary consultation with another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

This rating is solely based on what i have read about him. I was referred by my gp to analyze my medication s. I do not feel comfortable now and do have gut feeling as i am EXTREMELY sensitive !! This NOW does not fit into my health care/team. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Someone should investigate this doctor. Unfortunately he knows that it's our word against his and the blame will fall on his "crazy" patients but one of these days his employer will see that he keeps getting bad reviews. He may know the DSM by heart but that doesn't make him ethical. Again, it's the patient's word against him. I suggest you put a hidden camera in his office and see for yourself.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

He is the biggest acehole in medical history this doctor needs to be thought what a doctor is. He will tell you all kinds of shiiiit not ever heard off, he badmouths everyone, than plays ind games with you..hide and go seek is his game, and then he is very condescending looking through you with his nasty eyes, as if he wants inside of you. run people run, there is doctors and then there is acehole, and he has to be the biggest asshole of them all...if i could i would give him ZERO rating.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I felt he had diagnosed me 30 seconds after I walked in.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Immediately upon walking into the appointment I felt something was not write with Dr. He asked me why I was there although he had a referral. He tore into me with a series of condescending comments and heacted like he had me figured out. I asked for this referral because I wanted an honest assessment for insurance purposes. He does not have me figured out. I believe he is racist and prejudiced based on race, culture , gender and possibly age. If I had walked into this appointment with a hijab I believe I would have been treated much differently. He did most of the talking and he very quickly suggested my that I have a social anxiety disorder, but didn't explain his reasons. He second guessed everything I said and wouldn't let me finish my thoughts and he talked to me as if I was a convict of some crime. It was an utterly confusing and frustrating experience. I came away feeling extremely discouraged with the future of our health system in Edmonton. My appointment was in March 2017 and to this day I am still waiting for a report or some kind of acknowledgement from this appointment. He is a true quack and perhaps he may be one of the 3000 or so Canadian "physicians" with fraudulent credentials!! See him at your own risk!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Das was simply wonderful. I left his office feeling hopeful and helped. He was not only knowledgeable, but he communicated his treatment plan in a way I could fully understand. I've left other doctor's offices with more questions than when I went in; this was certainly not the case with my visit to Dr. Das. He seemed very honest and kind, and gave me the impression that he genuinely wants to help people.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Found him compassionate, easy to talk to and feel he took the time to really listen to my issues. I highly recommend him.

Submitted July 11, 2017

3 minutes into the appointment acted like he had me figured out, though I know he hadn't - he did most of the talking. He very quickly suggested my diagnosis was wrong, but didn't explain his reasons. He then second-guessed and read into everything I said. It was an utterly confusing and frustrating experience. I came away feeling pretty discouraged. Thankfully I've had enough experiences with doctors and psychologists over the years to basically write it off. If he had something valuable for me, it wasn't worth the pain to find it out.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017