Ratings for Dr. Alexandra Easson

I have been with Dr. Easson since 2000 when she performed a left breast radical mastectomy. Excellent surgeon. I saw her every 6 months as followup to mammograms for 7 years to make sure my right breast was clear before having breast reconstruction. In June 2014, papillary lesions were on the move in my remaining breast and promptly had a lumpectomy. After reviewing my history I discovered in 2002 a papillary lesion was noted but I was never told. Had I been informed, I would have insisted on a right breast mastectomy. It is my body, my right, to be told the truth. Now I live with a ticking time bomb, am a 'high risk' cancer patient and cannot have the left reconstructed removed. At my last visit, when I complained of increased pain from the lumpectomy 2 years after the surgery, she said she didn't know why, didn't seem to care, or suggest further investigation. Her admin assistant yelled at me when I insisted on an ultrasound to see if scar tissue was causing the pain. My advice if you have breast cancer - get a double mastectomy and be done with it. I regret accepting her opinion on not removing both breasts. It is something I have to live with.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I wrote below thinking that I was in good hands after so many mess ups on my cancer case. Literally had files gone missing, in wrong piles, doctors forget to read reports so I right Dr. Easson WA different only to find out that in the 3 encounters with her thus far, no one ordered a bone scan or tests needing to be done and her receptionist Mary Rose is very rude. Had two witnesses to her demeanor and she made it clear if I want things to happen I need to be nice to her. I am the one with cancer, she screwed up and I need to be nice to her????? Unbelievable!!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I had originally scheduled my appointment with this doctor as a preventative due to a strong family history of breast cancer only to find out that I was diagnosed with breast cancer and her staff were the ones who had to break the news to me. I'm a single mom with the young daughter and a nervous wreck. Dr. Easson was very straightforward and empathetic. she addressed all my questions even when I came back to see her days later and when I had concerns about things that we're going on. she always put my mind at ease and with very great with my daughter and helping her understand what I was going through. I would highly recommend this doctor especially if you need to have a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery immediately and you want to be in the best hands possible

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

when God sends you a healing power it will start from choosing you the best doctor like Dr. Eason she is truly living for the propose she came in to this world God bless her life abundantly .

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

when i fist came to doctor easson it was based on second opinion, the first talk i had i decided i will do the surgery with her. i have done mastectomy to my left breast after breast cancer treatment. for a patient like me, at the moment fragile and confused.......... doctor Eason was the best one. i am a person who values communication and trust. i find this quality with in her and i moved from my former planed surgery to her. i already felt safe in her hand. the way she talked to me i knew she cares. after the surgery i was able to lift my baby with a week. i will definitely recommend her. the best decision i make after breast surgery.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

I decided to do a double-mastectomy with immediate reconstruction for preventative reasons and Dr. Easson right from the start supported me. She is very professional and knowledgeable. She takes the time to answer all of your questions and inquiries and is very straight forward, which I truly appreciate. She did a really good job and I had no complications. She recommended and advised of any extra procedures or treatments that would benefit me. I couldn't thank her more for doing what she did for me and highly recommend her as a surgeon. Her staff that works along with her are really great and very comforting and caring when going into the surgery itself. I would highly recommend Dr. Easson.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

I personally found Dr. Easson to be an excellent surgeon. Very knowledgeable and caring. When I had a concern prior to my surgery I called her office and she took the time to see me THAT day and eased my concerns. She always takes time to explain things so you understand them, she doesn't rush you, she will speak with you until your questions are answered and you're comfortable enough to leave. I was in the hospital for 4 days and she made the time to check on me, knowing how busy she is, she even checked in the morning I was to leave. She is very professional and I feel blessed to have her as my surgeon. I was very lucky to have been referred to her from my oncologist. Her team is excellent and her assistant Mary Rose is very organized, sweet and professional. Saying "thank you" just doesn't seem enough. Anyone lucky enough to have Dr. Easson on their side is truly lucky and blessed. Thank you Dr. Easson, your caring and professional staff and Mary Rose.

Submitted December 15, 2014

I found Dr. Easson to be an excellent surgeon. In the operating theater, as I was going under, Dr. Easson entered the room and there was something in the way she looked, I new she was going to take care of me, and she did. It was great to have a doctor that helped me with all the affects of a cancer diagnosis. If anyone thinks it's easy, I've got news for you. It is vital to have at least one doctor in your corner and for me, that was Dr. Easson. Thank you

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Second rate skills as a surgeon. Poor staff supervision. Get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

She mismanaged my surgery and I had many complications that lasted many years because of it. Her mismanagement had a profound effect on my life. Be careful.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013