Ratings for Dr. Roy Beran

Dr Beran saw my my wife for a "specialist" consultation. He only specialises in treating people like dirt. He was rude, inconsiderate and did not listen my wife's concerns around her symptoms. He was dismissive and arrogant. When my wife terminated treatment with him and was referred to a more caring and thorough special, Beran acted like a scorned ex. My Wife is still emotionally affected by the way she was treated by Beran & still has to get annual clearances for an "error" that Beran made. I would strongly encourage you and your family to stay away from this clown unless you really like to deal with egotistical power trippers.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

***********WARNING************* If you have loved ones and want a professional that cares and will help, DO NOT take them to Dr Beran. he misdiagnoses, he is rude, has no patience for the elderly, threatens he has a law degree (but has no experience).

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I went to Dr Beran with headaches and vision issues that put me in hospital three times. My first appointment with him he took a call while I was in, discussing another patient in detail - doctor patient confidentiality needs work. He then asked my symptoms, cut me off, not to talk to me but to dictate to himself for his later report. Got me to hope on his scales which couldn't go to my weight, as I went to tell him my weight "her weight is far beyond the capabilities of my scale" and then gave me a look like I was a kid caught with their hand caught in the cookie jar. Misdiagnosed me with sleep apnoea. Made me pay for a full eeg at a private hospital to get himself a nice fat pay cheque when other hospitals could have provided it under Medicare. $1200 out of my pocket of a struggling 22 year old not working due to her symptoms. Test comes back clear. He belittles me for my weight again "I feel bad telling overweight people they're overweight because I am but compared to you, I am skinny" another misdiagnosis tries to make me keep a food diary and see him in a month like his appointments are costs $200 bucks a piece already. Turns out my wisdom teeth were infected. Total costs - around 6 grand. For a man who cares not for his patients. Who openly mocked one of his other patients who was large like me when the nurse was talking about other tests to run and said "she says she's confident she's not pregnant" he follows with "could have fooled me" Mocks the military "why anyone would have anything to do with the military..." while my partner who is halfway through his first 4 years is sitting next to me. Cost me money, tore down my self worth, tried to bully me into "learning to keep your mouth shut and stop eating." There is a difference with a blunt doctor and someone who is just plain Cruel. And Dr Roy Beran was cruel to me in my opinion. Too busy looking at the size of my waist line he missed what was actually wrong with me. Luckily it wasn't something life threatening. I would NEVER recommend anyone to this doctor. Except maybe himself. Get knock down to size.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Nothing but a money grab. Very rude and uncompassionate. Spent over $1000 to be told to suck it up in relation to the pain I was in. Spent a total of around $500 for a blood test which he didnt say there would be a charge on. Very greedy and a waste of time. Save yourself your money and health and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Misdiagnosis. Rude. Arrogant. Racist. He looks at you and thinks he knows what's wrong with no test, I would never ever go there again and warn everyone out there to find another doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

It was the worst experience ever. I am a health professional myself, and I consider him as very rude, appalling attitude, no empathy. I wish I recorded him speak. He speaks with no respect and I consider him as culturally incompetent. So, for those who had a good experience, I'm quite surprised. But don't sit and convince others that he is good while disregarding the negative comments. There are negative comments for a reason. Overall, I hope one day, someone puts in a formal complaint to the comission and he is dealt with justly.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

After reading the reviews I was really quite hesitant about seeing Dr Beran. I walked into his practice to find lots of patients, both came out smiling and laughing. I walked in, I'd agreed to a chaperone based on the reviews I'd read here initially then immediately changed my mind after a short discussion although, he was one repeatedly asking if I'd like a chaperone. I didn't feel as though I needed one at all. I didn't use one, I felt I was safe. Dr Beran was great. He was calm, funny and best of all, he explained things. The professionalism Dr Beran holds is outstanding. I could not help but overhear other colleagues in his industry contact him for advice which he gave swiftly and politely. All in all, I encourage you to make your own judgement. If you don't agree then you have lost nothing however if you are going off these ratings, you're really missing out on an opportunity to meet with a supportive, respected and knowledgeable doctor who really does care about health and wellbeing. I'm just a typical person who needed to see a Neurologist. I do not gain anything by writing this. I just truly encourage you to make up your own mind rather than go off the reviews like I did, they really are untrue, vicious and not warranted. Make up your own mind!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

most rude and disrespectful doctor out- be very wary of him, a very nasty and manipulative man

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

My 83 yo mother is another who was incorrectly diagnosed with Parkinson's by Beran after a glance and taking no history or running any tests. The first she knew of this was when Beran was speaking to his dictaphone "Patient has Parkinson's..." Appalling treatment on a personal and professional level. She was prescribed medication that made her nauseated and weak, and the only response to our concerns was to increase the dosage. Even her GP began to question the diagnosis as there was no improvement to her condition. She has since been diagnosed with a different, treatable (if not curable) condition - 'normal pressure hydrocephaly' by neurologists at Macquarie Uni Hospital who bothered to conduct an MRI and spent hours with her and my family, investigating symptoms, asking questions and showing respect. I wish that we had not wasted precious time as Mum's condition deteriorated and she was forced to move out of her home due to her increasing incapacity. If the right analysis was undertaken by Beran she may still have been at home. Ask to be referred to someone else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Impolite and unrepectful for a professor like him. Bad experience ever. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016