Ratings for Dr. Roy Beran

Nothing but a money grab. Very rude and uncompassionate. Spent over $1000 to be told to suck it up in relation to the pain I was in. Spent a total of around $500 for a blood test which he didnt say there would be a charge on. Very greedy and a waste of time. Save yourself your money and health and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Misdiagnosis. Rude. Arrogant. Racist. He looks at you and thinks he knows what's wrong with no test, I would never ever go there again and warn everyone out there to find another doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

It was the worst experience ever. I am a health professional myself, and I consider him as very rude, appalling attitude, no empathy. I wish I recorded him speak. He speaks with no respect and I consider him as culturally incompetent. So, for those who had a good experience, I'm quite surprised. But don't sit and convince others that he is good while disregarding the negative comments. There are negative comments for a reason. Overall, I hope one day, someone puts in a formal complaint to the comission and he is dealt with justly.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

After reading the reviews I was really quite hesitant about seeing Dr Beran. I walked into his practice to find lots of patients, both came out smiling and laughing. I walked in, I'd agreed to a chaperone based on the reviews I'd read here initially then immediately changed my mind after a short discussion although, he was one repeatedly asking if I'd like a chaperone. I didn't feel as though I needed one at all. I didn't use one, I felt I was safe. Dr Beran was great. He was calm, funny and best of all, he explained things. The professionalism Dr Beran holds is outstanding. I could not help but overhear other colleagues in his industry contact him for advice which he gave swiftly and politely. All in all, I encourage you to make your own judgement. If you don't agree then you have lost nothing however if you are going off these ratings, you're really missing out on an opportunity to meet with a supportive, respected and knowledgeable doctor who really does care about health and wellbeing. I'm just a typical person who needed to see a Neurologist. I do not gain anything by writing this. I just truly encourage you to make up your own mind rather than go off the reviews like I did, they really are untrue, vicious and not warranted. Make up your own mind!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

most rude and disrespectful doctor out- be very wary of him, a very nasty and manipulative man

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

My 83 yo mother is another who was incorrectly diagnosed with Parkinson's by Beran after a glance and taking no history or running any tests. The first she knew of this was when Beran was speaking to his dictaphone "Patient has Parkinson's..." Appalling treatment on a personal and professional level. She was prescribed medication that made her nauseated and weak, and the only response to our concerns was to increase the dosage. Even her GP began to question the diagnosis as there was no improvement to her condition. She has since been diagnosed with a different, treatable (if not curable) condition - 'normal pressure hydrocephaly' by neurologists at Macquarie Uni Hospital who bothered to conduct an MRI and spent hours with her and my family, investigating symptoms, asking questions and showing respect. I wish that we had not wasted precious time as Mum's condition deteriorated and she was forced to move out of her home due to her increasing incapacity. If the right analysis was undertaken by Beran she may still have been at home. Ask to be referred to someone else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Impolite and unrepectful for a professor like him. Bad experience ever. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

what an arrogant and rude man. no love for humanity so nasty so abrupt. No care.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Before going to see him i saw this post but decided to give him a chance thinking that maybe all the people that have had a positive experience would not necessarily post it. I regret my decision. Like many that have commented, he is arrogant and likes to talk about how many papers he published or research papers (ps i did not even ask for that information). He has no interpersonal skills and is socially and emotionally inept. he diagnosed me with something that i knew I def did not have and he was not even qualified to comment. He himself referred me to pshyciatrist who further supported my view that I did not fit the diagnosis. Bearing in mind that he diagnosed me with a mental health issues he suggested that i use alcohol before i go to bed to help me sleep. No other suggestions. and commented that raping someone while your are asleep and stilnox is no fun. Ps being a victim of sexual assault i did not find this comment appropriate. I am worse off due to his bed side manner than when i started to see him.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

He diagnosed my mother with Parkinson's for many years yet when by chance she was admitted in hospital for a fall and another specialist saw her and did tests on her Guess what he professor beran as he likes to be called has misdiagnosed her for many years He is rude abrupt and it's like you are in a cattle call when in the surgery

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016