Ratings for Dr. Roy Beran

DO NOT see Dr Beran, he is a fraud. I've taken my dad (who's got Parkinsons) to see him and he charges a ridiculous amount, and only agrees to speak with us for no more than 5 minutes during each session. And in those 5 mins he spends most of it talking about himself, and his accolades. And if you ask him a question, he basically yells at you. In the years we've seen him (we've had no choice, he's the only Dr specialising in parkinsons near us) he's done nothing to help, and whenever I tell him my dad is in pain, he just yells at us and tells my dad to suck it up. This man should have his license and qualifications revoked. He has no regards for his patients wellbeing, and is only on a mission to grab as much money from patients as possible. A shameful and disgusting person!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

I would like to thank dr Beran for all the help he gave my husband who has epilepsy, and suffers from fits of rage screem,yell and break things .Dr Roy took him of the medication he was on and put him on less but stronger tablets.my husband has calmed right down no more rage.no seizures. He needed stronger medication d Dr Roy made my life and my husbands life better. We saw our o original neurologist since 1998 and nothing much changed over that period of time. Thank you Dr Roy

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

At first seeing this doctor I had explained my situation he didn't want to know only himself and talks about himself and done the eeg tests came normal after twice 48 hrs stay awake after 1st one failed and then made me to see psych for another opinion for the driving what mental health and medical condition got to do with it hey... I would be careful with this doctor he not nice he turned nice after I had the eeg test done not really I was just being patient so be wary of his doctor...

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Out of 30min appointment he talked about himself for 25+mins: his travels, symposiums, how respected he is. No time for my MRI scans left - they would be discussed at the next appointment - guess if it is going to happen... I wish I had read these comments earlier.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr Beran saw my my wife for a "specialist" consultation. He only specialises in treating people like dirt. He was rude, inconsiderate and did not listen my wife's concerns around her symptoms. He was dismissive and arrogant. When my wife terminated treatment with him and was referred to a more caring and thorough special, Beran acted like a scorned ex. My Wife is still emotionally affected by the way she was treated by Beran & still has to get annual clearances for an "error" that Beran made. I would strongly encourage you and your family to stay away from this clown unless you really like to deal with egotistical power trippers.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

***********WARNING************* If you have loved ones and want a professional that cares and will help, DO NOT take them to Dr Beran. he misdiagnoses, he is rude, has no patience for the elderly, threatens he has a law degree (but has no experience).

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I went to Dr Beran with headaches and vision issues that put me in hospital three times. My first appointment with him he took a call while I was in, discussing another patient in detail - doctor patient confidentiality needs work. He then asked my symptoms, cut me off, not to talk to me but to dictate to himself for his later report. Got me to hope on his scales which couldn't go to my weight, as I went to tell him my weight "her weight is far beyond the capabilities of my scale" and then gave me a look like I was a kid caught with their hand caught in the cookie jar. Misdiagnosed me with sleep apnoea. Made me pay for a full eeg at a private hospital to get himself a nice fat pay cheque when other hospitals could have provided it under Medicare. $1200 out of my pocket of a struggling 22 year old not working due to her symptoms. Test comes back clear. He belittles me for my weight again "I feel bad telling overweight people they're overweight because I am but compared to you, I am skinny" another misdiagnosis tries to make me keep a food diary and see him in a month like his appointments are costs $200 bucks a piece already. Turns out my wisdom teeth were infected. Total costs - around 6 grand. For a man who cares not for his patients. Who openly mocked one of his other patients who was large like me when the nurse was talking about other tests to run and said "she says she's confident she's not pregnant" he follows with "could have fooled me" Mocks the military "why anyone would have anything to do with the military..." while my partner who is halfway through his first 4 years is sitting next to me. Cost me money, tore down my self worth, tried to bully me into "learning to keep your mouth shut and stop eating." There is a difference with a blunt doctor and someone who is just plain Cruel. And Dr Roy Beran was cruel to me in my opinion. Too busy looking at the size of my waist line he missed what was actually wrong with me. Luckily it wasn't something life threatening. I would NEVER recommend anyone to this doctor. Except maybe himself. Get knock down to size.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Nothing but a money grab. Very rude and uncompassionate. Spent over $1000 to be told to suck it up in relation to the pain I was in. Spent a total of around $500 for a blood test which he didnt say there would be a charge on. Very greedy and a waste of time. Save yourself your money and health and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Misdiagnosis. Rude. Arrogant. Racist. He looks at you and thinks he knows what's wrong with no test, I would never ever go there again and warn everyone out there to find another doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

It was the worst experience ever. I am a health professional myself, and I consider him as very rude, appalling attitude, no empathy. I wish I recorded him speak. He speaks with no respect and I consider him as culturally incompetent. So, for those who had a good experience, I'm quite surprised. But don't sit and convince others that he is good while disregarding the negative comments. There are negative comments for a reason. Overall, I hope one day, someone puts in a formal complaint to the comission and he is dealt with justly.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017