Ratings for Dr. Roy Beran

Avoid this quack at all costs. NO stars. This clown knows nothing about medicine, therapies or recovery, he should be sued for negligence IMO.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

I work along side Professor Beran. When my problem came up, I had 2 MRIs spine and brain set by Beran. No diagnosis and I was to see him in 6 weeks. Repeat MRIs, he completley ignored the scans that had already been done, he added a Nerve conduction test, which shows I have a problem at L4-L5. Which he then ignores it at my next appointment. I ask him if I should return to work and he states " Im a workaholic you're asking the wrong person" His whole cure to my problem was put me on Endep to help me sleep. I didn't go to see this clown because I couldn't sleep, my leg is numb not from a lack of sleep. My advise to you all, as someone who works in public health, avoid Beran, he is arrogant, ignorant and will totally ignore anything you have to say. If he is assigned to you at Liverpool Hospital, tell him to : F. OFF. KC an ex patient of his.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

A profoundly unpleasant experience seeing this specialist. His interview style was more akin to being cross-examined by an abrupt barrister; his rude, condescending and dismissive style was offensive to a degree I’ve not experienced in a developed country; he then dictated what sounded like a somewhat sarcastic summary letter whilst staring intensely at me throughout; a very uncomfortable experience. His style borders on the emotionally abusive. His skill in clinical assessment seems lacking; he abruptly dismissed the three established diagnoses that I do have, screened me for conditions that I don’t have and was intent on sending me for intensive testing for my problem complaint without attempting to ask about my symptoms or take an adequate history. The process was deeply troubling to the extent that I’ll be making a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

I went with my father to an appointment to try and get some information about his parkinsons. All he did was talk into his recorder for the letter back to our gp. Before I knew it he was kicking us out. He allowed no questions and dismissed everything we said. He is a horrible dr DO NOT waste your time with him!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

This man call himself an sleep specialist, but doesn't know one of the main sleeping disorder medications that are available in Australia since 2013! He spent most of the time complaining about his wife and made very inappropriate comments. This is by far the worse most outrageous medical experience I ever had in my life! He ignored everything that I said about my medical history and I even had to explain to him how the medication works.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

I work with this man professionally. His rudeness, arrogance and ignorance carry through to his clinical practice. He is disliked by his colleagues as much as he is disliked by his patients. I would suggest making a complaint to AHPRA if you feel he has treated you unprofessionally. All doctors are required to treat their patients with dignity and compassion, listen to what they say and explain any recommended treatments.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

No stars! My husband saw him and he’s only concern was if the problem would affect his practice or if it was a compensation case. He wasn’t bothered with asking relevant questions or hearing the issues at hand. Arrogant, rude and should resign from ever being in the medical field. Waste of $325.00. I wish I read these reviews before my husband saw him. He was more concerned about recording trivial information into his recorder than listening to the patient. My recommendation for this man is to leave the medical field to people that care about their patients. I have not included the receptionist in this rating, as this is not her fault.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Very arrogant man, rude, he need to learn to listen and don't make fun for any answer you said. DO NOT see Dr Beran, he is a fraud.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Very rude, arrogant man. Has no time for anyone except himself

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

My husband is the patient and every observation I make he dismisses the Neurosurgeon was wonderful and listened to everything I had to say and was amazed. Roy Beran needs to take some lessons From his colleague.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018