Ratings for Dr. Roy Beran

I went with my father to an appointment to try and get some information about his parkinsons. All he did was talk into his recorder for the letter back to our gp. Before I knew it he was kicking us out. He allowed no questions and dismissed everything we said. He is a horrible dr DO NOT waste your time with him!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

This man call himself an sleep specialist, but doesn't know one of the main sleeping disorder medications that are available in Australia since 2013! He spent most of the time complaining about his wife and made very inappropriate comments. This is by far the worse most outrageous medical experience I ever had in my life! He ignored everything that I said about my medical history and I even had to explain to him how the medication works.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

I work with this man professionally. His rudeness, arrogance and ignorance carry through to his clinical practice. He is disliked by his colleagues as much as he is disliked by his patients. I would suggest making a complaint to AHPRA if you feel he has treated you unprofessionally. All doctors are required to treat their patients with dignity and compassion, listen to what they say and explain any recommended treatments.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

No stars! My husband saw him and he’s only concern was if the problem would affect his practice or if it was a compensation case. He wasn’t bothered with asking relevant questions or hearing the issues at hand. Arrogant, rude and should resign from ever being in the medical field. Waste of $325.00. I wish I read these reviews before my husband saw him. He was more concerned about recording trivial information into his recorder than listening to the patient. My recommendation for this man is to leave the medical field to people that care about their patients. I have not included the receptionist in this rating, as this is not her fault.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Very arrogant man, rude, he need to learn to listen and don't make fun for any answer you said. DO NOT see Dr Beran, he is a fraud.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Very rude, arrogant man. Has no time for anyone except himself

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

My husband is the patient and every observation I make he dismisses the Neurosurgeon was wonderful and listened to everything I had to say and was amazed. Roy Beran needs to take some lessons From his colleague.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Being a health professional myself I can say with certainty that this man has no idea about empathy. He will not allow any questions that you may have, being rude and dismissive. There is no dialogue unless he talks to you about his own accolades. When questioning about medication side effects or laboratory results he will not listen...he says he is not worried...irrespective of whether you are. He is rude and arrogant. I wonder why he is like this. It is sad that his manner prevents you from having information about your medical condition and it's management. I am seeking advice from another neurologist however, professor Beran is reluctant the share my medical information so maybe I have to start all the medical tests again. I am seeking the advice of the AMA regarding my experience with this man.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Absolutely terrible! PLEASE STAY AWAY! My first appointment with Roy was okay but the way he treated me at the second has just left me baffled. Upon sitting down he told me he has seen more than 25 patients this morning whereas a regular specialist would have only seen 13. Umm okay... Do you want a cookie? I smiled and not even 2 minutes of me sitting in his office he receives a phone call on his mobile. The person on the other end asks if he was able to talk for a couple minutes and he said, “there is never a good time,” and decided to listen to what she had to say. I was not impressed but decided to wait. He spoke to her for 5 minutes before asking her how she was going then side tracked for another 10 minutes talking about his life. He purposely wasted my time. I just couldn’t believe how unprofessional he was. When he finally went through my MRI he made voice recordings about my results but discussed nothing of it to me. What it meant, will I be okay? - nothing. He got mad at me because I got my blood test done at another pathology clinic. I offered to call them up to get them to fax it through to him but he ushered me outside telling me he doesn’t have time and will be finishing up soon. He wanted me to make another appointment for next week. I was very upset. He wanted me to pay for an appointment where I sat for 15 minutes listening to him joyfully talking about his life and not get an ounce of information about what is wrong with me. The receptionist, Janet, was very understanding and allowed me the opportunity to get my blood test faxed to her. She placed me back on the queue and Roy was not happy. He let me back into his office, looked at the result and prescribed me Siferol + a follow up blood test then led me right back out the door in less than 3 minutes. I asked him what it was for but he totally ignored me. No explanation as to what is wrong with me, why he’s prescribing me this medication, what he was trying to achieve - NOTHING! I paid for professional advice. Not to be treated like a peasant. When I went to purchase my Siferol medication I was told it was to treat Parkinson’s and the side effects weren’t just your typical nausea and vomiting. It was compulsive behaviours like gambling and hypersexuality. I absolutely do not have Parkinson’s but if he had explained why he is prescribing me this medication I would not have this amount of hesitation taking it after hearing the kind of possible side effects it can have. Even though I’ve spent $500 on him with no real advice/education I’ve decided to cancel future appointments and got my GP to refer me to another Neurologist. The cons outweighed the pros. It is an absolute waste of money and time for me but my health is worth more than money and his ego. If you’ve done your research and have read this I urge you to stay away from this condescending, self praising, unprofessional “doctor”. I honestly wished I’ve read this page earlier but am relieved others have voiced their experience. Save yourself!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

DO NOT see Dr Beran, he is a fraud. I've taken my dad (who's got Parkinsons) to see him and he charges a ridiculous amount, and only agrees to speak with us for no more than 5 minutes during each session. And in those 5 mins he spends most of it talking about himself, and his accolades. And if you ask him a question, he basically yells at you. In the years we've seen him (we've had no choice, he's the only Dr specialising in parkinsons near us) he's done nothing to help, and whenever I tell him my dad is in pain, he just yells at us and tells my dad to suck it up. This man should have his license and qualifications revoked. He has no regards for his patients wellbeing, and is only on a mission to grab as much money from patients as possible. A shameful and disgusting person!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017