Ratings for Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith

Dr. McCarthy-Keith and her staff were wonderful as they guided us though our IVF process. She made sure our process went smoothly and that we had every chance at a successful implantation. She and her staff were responsive to our questions and concerns. We look forward to working with her again for our next pregnancy.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2019

I absolutely love doc mk.thanks to her honesty and knowledge and care me and my husband are 18 weeks pregnate with a GIRL . We went through iui 5x and and 1 cycle of IVF which was a 100%success. Doc Mk is not only carring but honest ,and she takes her time to let you vent and get a better understanding of your situation , treatments and such. I have unexplained infertility and we thought it was impossible to have a baby and here we are thanks to doc mk I couldn't be more greatful I can't wait to see her again!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

Dr. MK and her nursing staff are amazing. They made sure all they examined all options ensuring a healthy pregnacy. Thanks to God for providing Dr. MK with the knowledge and compassion in doing a job well done. We have a previous little gift from God because of her knowledge and dedication in getting me preganat. Thanks! We love her that.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

D.r MK is a DREAM! She is extremely personable yet knowledgeable about all things reproductive. She is a realist, but makes always giving hope. I truly enjoyed all of my appointments with her and when she was not in the office, I was honestly a little disappointed to have to meet with someone else. Dr. MK and her great staff helped us achieve our dream, and our little boy is due any day now. I honestly wish that I could have had Dr. MK as my OB-GYN, I would love to have her as my always Dr.!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Dr McCarthy and her staff are wonderful and doing a great job! My husband and I got married In December 2015. I was not under birth control as we wanted a family. But I things were not easy as we were not leaving at the same place. I was leaving in Europe and my husband in the US. I was pregnant once but unfortunately experienced a miscarriage. We were then advised by his urologist to visit SGF as it was the better and safe way due to my age constraint to have a baby. We were beyond excited and figured we would be the cool parents on the block. Beginning 2018, we were finally together in the US and I pushed and got referred to Shady Grove Fertility. Our first appointment was April 2018, We met with Dr. Mc Carthy, who performed a variety of tests on my husband and me. Dr. Mc Carthy assured us that we could have a family. We just needed science. The SGF offices in both Sandy Springs and Rockeville were a pleasure to work with. The staff knows how emotional this process is for everyone who walks in and we were always greeted with a smile. Dr. Mc Carthy and his staff always made us laugh and smile with each little victory, and we always left feeling confident in our next steps. We started our IVF treatment with pills and injections and 10 days after the transfer, we found out WE WERE PREGNANT! I’m still pregnant and everything is going very well so far. I’m supposed to deliver a baby girl in June 2019. I know everyone’s journey is not as easy as ours and we are beyond blessed! SGF was the best at keeping us focused on our goal even when our minds were only seeing negatives. Now, looking back as a new mom, every struggle (and needle) was worth it. We have never been happier! We are looking forward to meeting our baby. Life is beautiful! Throughout the process, I was lucky enough to have the support of my husband. My advice to anyone starting the journey is to trust yourself, be open with people and DO NOT BE ASHAMED. You are your best advocate. If you are open, Shady Grove Fertility will do the rest.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2019

I couldn't speak more highly of Dr. MK and the entire staff. I truly felt as though they were walking this journey with us. All of my questions were answered with patience and I was well informed along the way. Even my mom, who lives in a different state, felt as though she knew her personally and felt comforted knowing I was in great hands. What a beautiful experience we were able to have because of Dr. MK!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2019

Dr MCCarthy- Keith and her team are phenomenal! From the beginning she was very welcoming, upfront, thorough and it was clear she cared about doing what was best for me specifically. Her team was professional and compassionate and I felt like we were all in this together! I could not have asked for better doctor/patient relationship. Although the end goal was to get me pregnant and transferred successfully back to my OBGYN when the time came, while overjoyed with my pregnancy, I was sadden to be released from her and her teams care. That’s just how great they are!! I would recommend her to every and anyone looking for a reproductive endocrinologist!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2019

Dr. McCarthy-Keith is by far the best Reproductive Endocrinologist! She has excellent bedside manner and she makes time for her patients! Her staff is professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Thank you Dr. MK for helping up conceive our IVF miracle baby!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith is a good doctor. I'm not sure about the now SGF office, however. I can never get a response in a reasonable time and majority of the information is time sensitive. On top of the location being farther than I would like to travel, I do, because of Dr. MK. Honestly, I may have to change to another RE, because I prefer not to be treated like just another patient with insurance.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

She is really great. She is really great. She is really great.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2018

Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Desiree McCarthy-Keith earned her medical degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and also a Master of Public Health in maternal and child health from the University of North Carolina. She completed her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training at Duke University Medical Center and a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. During her fellowship, Dr. McCarthy-Keith’s research focused on the molecular mechanisms of uterine fibroid regulation and reproductive health disparities. She has special interests in male and female infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome, uterine fibroids, and in vitro fertilization. She has authored several peer-reviewed publications on reproductive and infertility topics and has presented her research nationally. She is honored to serve as Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Morehouse School of Medicine. Prior to joining SGF Atlanta, Dr. McCarthy-Keith practiced general obstetrics and gynecology in Virginia and South Carolina. While in Maryland, she treated patients with reproductive endocrine and fertility disorders at the National Institutes of Health and Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Dr. McCarthy-Keith was a Lieutenant Commander in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps and held the position of Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Dr. McCarthy-Keith is passionate about her vegan way of life. She shares her enthusiasm for plant-based nutrition with everyone she meets and she encourages her patients to incorporate healthy diet into their fertility lifestyle. A native of North Carolina, Dr. McCarthy-Keith is the proud mother of two energetic sons. She spends her free time in Atlanta visiting the zoo, strolling the botanical gardens, and cheering on the Braves.

• English

• University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Grad. 1999)

• In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Egg freezing