Ratings for Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith

Dr. McCarthy-Keith (MK) is a brilliant and amazing reproductive endocrinologist. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 3 1/2 years. My gynecologist referred me to Dr. MK and it was the best referral I have ever received. She was able to find the cause of my infertility and immediately put me on a plan. A year and a half later, I am now pregnant for the first time ever, and with twins. Dr. MK's bedside manner and professionalism are top-notch. You do not feel like a number or just another patient. Her and her phenomenal staff really care about you. I must say that because of the care that I received at Georgia Reproductive Specialists (GRS) and specifically from Dr. MK, I now expect the same level of care with any doctor that I see. Dr. MK has definitely set the bar. In my opinion, she is the best Reproductive Endocrinologist in Atlanta. I am truly going to miss her and the team at GRS.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr. McCarthy-Keith at Georgia Reproductive Specialists is the top IVF doctor in the Atlanta and Alpharetta area in my opinion. I was so thankful that my OB/GYN recommended her because as a result I am currently 3 months pregnant on my first try at 39 years old! Dr. McCarthy-Keith is not only an expert but is professional, supportive, with a positive attitude and I felt an empathetic connection from her. She listened and answered all my questions. Not only was the Alpharetta office convenient for me, she also works with a team of doctors and staff that are all there to support as well. I would recommend her to anyone looking for fertility treatment.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

My husband and I were unsure where to do IVF with. Initially we were looking at Emory hospital. We attended their IVF seminar but didn't feel like Emory is the right fit for us. It is huge and super busy place. We kind of felt overlooked and felt like we were just another patient. Then we came across GRS and attended the seminar. It has such a warm, personal and family feel. Dr. MK was there and was very pleasant. She always made herself available for our questions. IVF is a very stressful and expensive situation. It is not easy so we wanted to go where we feel most comfortable, at ease, and cared for. We found that we got more time and attention and one on one time with Dr. MK and her staff. They were always there for us and understanding of our stress and anxiety and were available whenever we have questions or concerns, even through email. Dr. MK goes over everything to prepare you for IVF. She administers all necessary tests and procedures and medications to ensure maximum and safe success. We got pregnant at the second try! We are now ten weeks along and we got released today to regular ob/gyn. We had great experience with Dr. MK and GRS and highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. McCarthy Keith is compassionate and knowledgeable. She does not give you the run-around and genuinely cares about your health and pregnancy outcome. She exudes positive energy which I think is very important for someone going through infertility. I appreciate her candor and helpfulness in helping me conceive. I recommend her to the fullest! Her nurse Lisa is great as well. A very good team all in all!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. MK is phenomenal. I've been going to her for 1.5 years and I am now a little over 5 weeks pregnant. I am 37 years old and this is my first pregnancy. After battling infertility for so long, I had doubts it would ever happen for me and my husband. She is thorough, knowledgeable, and definitely knows what she is doing. Her staff is attentive and always available to answer my millions of questions. I felt comfortable at Georgia Reproductive Specialist. Dr. MK changed my life. I only wish that she could also be my OB GYN...I trust her completely. It is going to be a happy and sad day when I graduate from her care.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Thanks to Dr. Keith, I am currently 28 weeks pregnant. When I think of our infertility journey, after many years in trying to achieve pregnancy, I get emotional. I am so GRATEFUL that I ended up in her care after a recommendation from a friend. I visited three other practices between Atlanta and New York City - saw several doctors - and never as felt as confident as I did when seeing Dr. Keith. She's been a true blessing in our quest to start a family. Reading all the positive reviews on this site about her care, I couldn't agree more. She really was an answer to my prayers after one cycle with her at GRS. Thank you for your great work, Dr. Keith. The nurses and front desk were always so amazing as well... great staff. N/C

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. M-K is incredibly smart, but also incredibly compassionate. She cares deeply about her patients, and I felt it every time I saw her (which, over the course of two years, was quite a bit). I have PCOS, and after 6 failed IUI treatments, my husband and I decided to move on to IVF. It felt like a scary decision, but Dr. M-K and the staff at GRS made the process very smooth. The entire staff is very easy to reach- they return phone calls promptly, and are accessible by email as well. Our first IVF attempt was a success, and we are now expecting boy-girl twins. I really cannot say enough good things about Dr. M-K, except that she has to be right up there with the best fertility physicians in the country. I feel very lucky that she was my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Wow, what a disappointment. I went to see her in the hopes of understanding test results I had previously gotten from another doctors who left Emory. When I got there on time I still had to wait an hour past my appointment time until she saw me. When she did she was not helpful and instead almost immediately directed me to consider donor eggs without even seeking to help get to the bottom of what I have now confirmed is a hormonal imbalance. She turned me away quite abruptly which deeply saddened me since I had heard such supposed great things about her. She seemed to almost rush through our discussion. I would not ever recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

My husband and I became a patient of Dr. MacCarthy in the end of 2013. We went to her because I was getting treated for PCOS. Dr. McCarthy put me on a strict diet and metformin that I didn't like. December 2013 my husband got on the diet with me because he seen how emotional this was getting to me. Before all of this we had been trying for a baby since 2008. Long story short I started listen to Dr. McCarthy eating right and taking my medicine twice a day. My cycle always been irregular but I had one January, February, March, April of 2014. May came and I was looking for my cycle because I was cramping so bad that my husband had to take me to the ER. This was normal for me to cramp if it's going to be heavy. The doctor at the hospital ask when was my last cycle. I replied April 18th 2014 so there's know way I'm pregnant. They did a urine and blood test and sure enough I was about 2-3 weeks pregnant. This was the most shocking and happiest time of my life. If it wasn't for Dr. McCarthy my son wouldn't be here today. God has bless me with precious little boy that was born February 3rd 2015 six days before our wedding anniversary February 9th. Dr. McCarthy words can't explain how much my husband and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. May God continue to bless you to bless other families. We love you!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

2010 Combined Federal Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility National Institutes of Health Bethesda, Maryland 2003 Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology Duke University Medical Center Durham, North Carolina 1999 M.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina 1999 M.P.H, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina 1994 B.S. in Chemistry University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina

• English

• University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Grad. 1999)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. " Dr. McCarthy-Keith (MK) is a brilliant and amazing reproductive endocrinologist. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 3 1/2 years. My gy..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy-Keith at Georgia Reproductive Specialists is the top IVF doctor in the Atlanta and Alpharetta area in my opinion. I was so thankful that my OB/GYN..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I were unsure where to do IVF with. Initially we were looking at Emory hospital. We attended their IVF seminar but didn't feel like Emory is the ..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy Keith is compassionate and knowledgeable. She does not give you the run-around and genuinely cares about your health and pregnancy outcome. She ..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is phenomenal. I've been going to her for 1.5 years and I am now a little over 5 weeks pregnant. I am 37 years old and this is my first pregnancy. After ..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks to Dr. Keith, I am currently 28 weeks pregnant. When I think of our infertility journey, after many years in trying to achieve pregnancy, I get emotiona..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. M-K is incredibly smart, but also incredibly compassionate. She cares deeply about her patients, and I felt it every time I saw her (which, over the course ..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Wow, what a disappointment. I went to see her in the hopes of understanding test results I had previously gotten from another doctors who left Emory. When I got..."

September 22, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.ivf.com/" to "http://www.IVF.com". Phone Number has been updated from "14048432229" to "404-843-2229".

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I became a patient of Dr. MacCarthy in the end of 2013. We went to her because I was getting treated for PCOS. Dr. McCarthy put me on a strict di..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is excellent and personable... She truly cares about her patients and treats them like family... WE LOVE Dr. MK!"

June 15, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.ivf.com" to "http://www.ivf.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "30301" to "30342". Address has been updated from "None" to "5445 Meridian Marks Rd NE". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14048432229".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy-Keith is so sweet and compassionate. She is smart and to the point but you really feel like you can talk to her openly. She has a great smile and..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy-Keith is an amazing doctor. Within 1 meeting she ordered all of the tests I needed to find out the cause of my infertility. After my diagnosis of 2..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I started out with a doctor at Emory Clinic who I didn't feel was addressing all of my questions/problems related to trying to get pregnant. With advice from m..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is wonderful. She gave us hope when another doctor made conceiving seem impossible. Truly grateful for her and her staff. She was very thorough and comm..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. M-K treated me as an individual and not just a number. I was able to get pregnant after 1 IVF cycle. Her nursing staff is wonderful!"

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK has been a Godsend! After 9 IUIs with other doctors, she was able to give me success of my 1st IVF cycle with her. She was patient, thorough, understandi..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "La Dr. McCarthy es la mejor en reproducion asistida, yo siempre la voy a querer y voy a orar por ella, para q Dios le siga dando tanto conocimiento y pueda a yu..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is fantastic. She truly takes an interest in her patients and their desire to conceive. She's knowledgeable, positive and sensitive to the struggle of ..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 41 years of age and in a same gender relationship. I thought my chances of ever having a child were low to none. Under the guidance of Dr. McCarthy-Keith..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Personable, professional, and confident in her abilities. Wonderful doctor and person!"

January 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After years of trying to conceive and testing and infertility diagnosis we planned to consult a fertility specialist. We met Dr. Keith on our first visit and sh..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is the best doctor ever. I actually cried when I graduated and had to leave her and her wonderful staff. She is extremely punctual too! Rita, her nurse,..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK was a referral from another physician and could not have been a better choice. She's bright, professional, personable, approachabkr and has impeccable be..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I had been trying to have a baby of our own for 1.5 years prior to coming to GRS. After a particularly difficult round of IVF with a number of se..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy Keith helped us through the most challenging part of our lives! She is a amazing MD and is very good at what she is doing. We loved working with ..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK really knows what she is doing. I'm actually sitting here holding one of my twins that would not be possible without her assistance. My husband and I str..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy-Keith is truly an exceptional doctor and positive spirit. She is extremely knowledgeable and has a bedside manner that makes you feel like family..."

September 8, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Desiree" to "Desiree M."

October 21, 2013