Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith

Dr. McCarthy-Keith is the best! She was extremely personable and professional. Our experience was positive and successful after the first cycle :) I would recommend Dr. McCarthy-Keith to anyone trying to start a family.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

Dr McCarthy is my favorite. She is so energetic and professional, She is very knowledgeable about her job. Iove her.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

I went to see Dr McCarthy-Keith and her staff was horrible. I was told to wait so long I never even made it in to see the Dr. we waited over an hour and they still weren’t ready to see us so we left. The entire front desk staff was sitting around and telling jokes, not entering our info and getting us back.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith

Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith's response
SGF Atlanta recently transitioned to a new software system that, during the transition, made the wait times longer than usual. It was our hope to successfully communicate to our patients the possibility of appointment delays. We are deeply sorry to hear about your recent experience at our practice and would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you. Your time is valuable and we thank you for choosing SGF Atlanta for your care. Please call Sue Schneider at 404-843-2229 so that we can discuss and make this right. We would like to offer you a complimentary new patient appointment, with validated parking, and sure hope you give us another chance. Best, Rebecca

Submitted May 23, 2018

There are so many positives to this facility, Dr(s) and staff, it’s hard to summarize it all. I’ll start off by saying that I initially came to Dr. DMK after experiencing a very bad and difficult process with another Fertility Clinic. There, I was just a number with a bank account. When I met DMK (as I call her), she didn’t rush me through my story, she was open and honest about the process (the good and the bad), she shared some of her story with me and most of all, she let me know that she believed not only in the same higher power, but also in the process. While she promised no guarantees, she did promise to do her best to get us our baby! This road is tough, it’s definitely not for the weak. DMK never gave into any of my requests or when I tried to by-pass certain things, if she didn’t believe they were in the best interest of my end goal. I saw her regularly (not like other facilities that just pass you off to the nurses and PAs). She responded to every email I sent her (timely)...imagine that. The day of my transfer she and I had a one on one for just a few minutes and that positive energy along with every staff member who was part of my treatment cycle is what got me through and got us our BFP!!! 11 weeks later...I’m so thankful to God, for sending me DMK, her nurses and the phlebotomists. They are really passionate about their assignments and truly wants everyone to win!!! They don’t give up, when you do! They listen to you cry, frustrations and more...all with a smile & prayers!!! I recommend DMK and GRS (Shady Grove) to anyone who is truly ready to take the same faith walk and journey to your greatest blessing!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

My husband and I were instantly taken by the care and attention that Dr. McCarthy-Keith and her staff showed on our first visit. It was also great to know that whenever we had a question whether in her office or sending her an e-mail over the Christmas holiday season, Dr. McCarthy-Keith would make the time to answer it. We'd tried for a year and half to get pregnant with no success, but after visiting with Dr. McCarthy-Keith, we become pregnant after just two months. We had a wonderful experience!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

This is an amazing team to trust in your care. Dr. McCarthy-Keith and her staff had our backs as soon as we signed up for IVF. My husband gained her trust on the first visit (which was shocking). She along with IVF Nurse, Rita; Patient Care Coordinator, Lisa and the phlebotomy team are very knowledgeable in their area. After two cycles we are now expecting our first bundle of joy into the Philpot household due to this team. My husband and I appreciate the love, care and support they have given us throughout this process. You ladies ROCK!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Dr. McCarthy-Keith and her team is wonderful. I had three miscarriage and one was an ectopic pregnancy. I later find out that both of my tubes are blocked. I was referred to Dr. McCarthy-Keith by my obgyn and that was the best thing she could ever tell my husband and I. Dr. McCarthy-Keith walked my husband and I through every step in the process of IVF. I can say that we are pregnant and THANK YOU to Dr. McCarthy-Keith and her team. The team kept me calm when I was scared and if I had any question they answered it until I had no other question to ask. I am not saying your body is not going to go through anything, I’m just saying Dr. McCarthy-Keith and her team made it comfortable to go through it. THANKS AGAIN Dr. McCarthy-Keith.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. McCarthy-Keith is an excellent physician! She treats patients with respect, has good clinical judgement and takes the time to explain the pros and cons of various treatment approaches to patients. She is not only caring and compassionate but also provides patients with emotional support/encouragement and takes a genuine interest in her patients. I highly recommend her to persons in need of a fertility specialist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr. McCarthy-Keith (Doc) and the GRS staff are amazing! I couldn't have had a better experience. My husband and I visited another fertility clinic years ago and we did not get that warm fuzzy feeling that we were seeking. Our first encounter with Dr. McCarthy-Keith was awesome. She was very kind, emphatic, caring and thorough. She took her time to explain all of our options. I was referred to Doc by my gynecologist. She gave Doc a raving review. It took me two years to actually move forward and visit GRS because I had such a negative experience with a previous fertility clinic. Finally, at the tender age of 45, I took that step. I had some doubt before going in to speak to Doc, but after leaving the consultation, all doubt had gone out the window. I felt confident that I was going to have a baby of my very own. Here I am a few weeks from being 47 and 19 weeks pregnant! My due date is June 14th. This journey has been wonderful. Of course, I had a few bumps in the road and many questions. No matter how many questions I had, they never went unanswered. I will like to thank Dr. McCarthy-Keith and the entire GRS staff for such a pleasant and successful experience! God led me to GRS and for that I am forever grateful...

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. McCarthy Keith always has a kind disposition and is very methodical in processing information to determine what’s best for her patient. The staff is friendly and the aesthetics of the office are pleasant.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Desiree McCarthy-Keith earned her medical degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and also a Master of Public Health in maternal and child health from the University of North Carolina. She completed her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training at Duke University Medical Center and a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. During her fellowship, Dr. McCarthy-Keith’s research focused on the molecular mechanisms of uterine fibroid regulation and reproductive health disparities. She has special interests in male and female infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome, uterine fibroids, and in vitro fertilization. She has authored several peer-reviewed publications on reproductive and infertility topics and has presented her research nationally. She is honored to serve as Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Morehouse School of Medicine. Prior to joining SGF Atlanta, Dr. McCarthy-Keith practiced general obstetrics and gynecology in Virginia and South Carolina. While in Maryland, she treated patients with reproductive endocrine and fertility disorders at the National Institutes of Health and Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Dr. McCarthy-Keith was a Lieutenant Commander in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps and held the position of Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Dr. McCarthy-Keith is passionate about her vegan way of life. She shares her enthusiasm for plant-based nutrition with everyone she meets and she encourages her patients to incorporate healthy diet into their fertility lifestyle. A native of North Carolina, Dr. McCarthy-Keith is the proud mother of two energetic sons. She spends her free time in Atlanta visiting the zoo, strolling the botanical gardens, and cheering on the Braves.

• English

• University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Grad. 1999)

• In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Egg freezing