Ratings for Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith

Dr. McCarthy Keith is compassionate and knowledgeable. She does not give you the run-around and genuinely cares about your health and pregnancy outcome. She exudes positive energy which I think is very important for someone going through infertility. I appreciate her candor and helpfulness in helping me conceive. I recommend her to the fullest! Her nurse Lisa is great as well. A very good team all in all!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. MK is phenomenal. I've been going to her for 1.5 years and I am now a little over 5 weeks pregnant. I am 37 years old and this is my first pregnancy. After battling infertility for so long, I had doubts it would ever happen for me and my husband. She is thorough, knowledgeable, and definitely knows what she is doing. Her staff is attentive and always available to answer my millions of questions. I felt comfortable at Georgia Reproductive Specialist. Dr. MK changed my life. I only wish that she could also be my OB GYN...I trust her completely. It is going to be a happy and sad day when I graduate from her care.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Thanks to Dr. Keith, I am currently 28 weeks pregnant. When I think of our infertility journey, after many years in trying to achieve pregnancy, I get emotional. I am so GRATEFUL that I ended up in her care after a recommendation from a friend. I visited three other practices between Atlanta and New York City - saw several doctors - and never as felt as confident as I did when seeing Dr. Keith. She's been a true blessing in our quest to start a family. Reading all the positive reviews on this site about her care, I couldn't agree more. She really was an answer to my prayers after one cycle with her at GRS. Thank you for your great work, Dr. Keith. The nurses and front desk were always so amazing as well... great staff. N/C

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. M-K is incredibly smart, but also incredibly compassionate. She cares deeply about her patients, and I felt it every time I saw her (which, over the course of two years, was quite a bit). I have PCOS, and after 6 failed IUI treatments, my husband and I decided to move on to IVF. It felt like a scary decision, but Dr. M-K and the staff at GRS made the process very smooth. The entire staff is very easy to reach- they return phone calls promptly, and are accessible by email as well. Our first IVF attempt was a success, and we are now expecting boy-girl twins. I really cannot say enough good things about Dr. M-K, except that she has to be right up there with the best fertility physicians in the country. I feel very lucky that she was my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Wow, what a disappointment. I went to see her in the hopes of understanding test results I had previously gotten from another doctors who left Emory. When I got there on time I still had to wait an hour past my appointment time until she saw me. When she did she was not helpful and instead almost immediately directed me to consider donor eggs without even seeking to help get to the bottom of what I have now confirmed is a hormonal imbalance. She turned me away quite abruptly which deeply saddened me since I had heard such supposed great things about her. She seemed to almost rush through our discussion. I would not ever recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

My husband and I became a patient of Dr. MacCarthy in the end of 2013. We went to her because I was getting treated for PCOS. Dr. McCarthy put me on a strict diet and metformin that I didn't like. December 2013 my husband got on the diet with me because he seen how emotional this was getting to me. Before all of this we had been trying for a baby since 2008. Long story short I started listen to Dr. McCarthy eating right and taking my medicine twice a day. My cycle always been irregular but I had one January, February, March, April of 2014. May came and I was looking for my cycle because I was cramping so bad that my husband had to take me to the ER. This was normal for me to cramp if it's going to be heavy. The doctor at the hospital ask when was my last cycle. I replied April 18th 2014 so there's know way I'm pregnant. They did a urine and blood test and sure enough I was about 2-3 weeks pregnant. This was the most shocking and happiest time of my life. If it wasn't for Dr. McCarthy my son wouldn't be here today. God has bless me with precious little boy that was born February 3rd 2015 six days before our wedding anniversary February 9th. Dr. McCarthy words can't explain how much my husband and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. May God continue to bless you to bless other families. We love you!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. McCarthy-Keith is so sweet and compassionate. She is smart and to the point but you really feel like you can talk to her openly. She has a great smile and radiates positivity. She answers questions and even told me she was praying for me - which I loved to hear. We love Dr. McCarthy-Keith!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. McCarthy-Keith is an amazing doctor. Within 1 meeting she ordered all of the tests I needed to find out the cause of my infertility. After my diagnosis of 2 blocked tubes, she was upfront and honest about my probability of being able to conceive naturally. She is patient and answered all of my and my husband's many questions. Her demeanor is super-friendly, approachable, and competent. I am so glad that she is my doctor. My husband and I will begin IVF next month and I feel safe in her hands. I trust her wholeheartedly and we look forward to being one of her success stories.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I started out with a doctor at Emory Clinic who I didn't feel was addressing all of my questions/problems related to trying to get pregnant. With advice from my acupuncturist I decided to see Dr. MK. After my first appointment I was absolutely convinced that I made the right choice. She is extremely knowledgeable, friendly (read incredible bedside manner) and so optimistic (despite my pessimism). I explained my concern areas in detail, brought in a lot of information about my cycles & she offered up information/advice based on her experience. It was seriously like a match made in heaven. Given the number of treatments that I had done with Emory, Dr. MK suggested that we try IUI. Both my husband and I were on board with her suggestion. Our first appointment was more of a work up - taking my blood, determining hormone levels, etc. The next few appointments led up to my IUI procedure. I remember when I went in for a mid cycle appointment to have my lining checked, they were doing an ultrasound & the nurse said your lining is still thin...I cried right afterwards because this was the same problem I was having at Emory. Dr. MK quickly addressed the problem, the nurse told me not to worry, there were simple ways to address that problem. One shot in the hip later I was out of there with some directions to "have fun" over the weekend, give myself one more hcg injection on Sunday & be back in their office on Monday for the IUI. The IUI itself was simple, my husband gave his sample, they worked their magic & then came time for Dr. MK to work her magic. I remember telling Dr. MK that there was no possible way the IUI would work, I hadn’t gotten pregnant yet so why would it work now?! Much to my dismay a few weeks later I would up with a positive pregnancy test…boy was I shocked. I did a few follow ups with their office to confirm the heartbeat and then she released me to my OBGYN. While I wouldn’t call her a miracle worker and I don’t expect that everyone’s situation is similar to mine, I am adamant that I wouldn’t have gotten pregnant without her help. She’s so encouraging and super friendly. Yes, she’s a doctor, but she makes you feel like family, like you are the most important case that she has to work on. We’re excited to meet our little bundle of joy in July 2015; we’ll also take her by GRS to Dr. MK can see the joy that she has helped our family create.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

2010 Combined Federal Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility National Institutes of Health Bethesda, Maryland 2003 Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology Duke University Medical Center Durham, North Carolina 1999 M.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina 1999 M.P.H, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina 1994 B.S. in Chemistry University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina

• English

• University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Grad. 1999)

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy Keith is compassionate and knowledgeable. She does not give you the run-around and genuinely cares about your health and pregnancy outcome. She ..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is phenomenal. I've been going to her for 1.5 years and I am now a little over 5 weeks pregnant. I am 37 years old and this is my first pregnancy. After ..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks to Dr. Keith, I am currently 28 weeks pregnant. When I think of our infertility journey, after many years in trying to achieve pregnancy, I get emotiona..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. M-K is incredibly smart, but also incredibly compassionate. She cares deeply about her patients, and I felt it every time I saw her (which, over the course ..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Wow, what a disappointment. I went to see her in the hopes of understanding test results I had previously gotten from another doctors who left Emory. When I got..."

September 22, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.ivf.com/" to "http://www.IVF.com". Phone Number has been updated from "14048432229" to "404-843-2229".

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I became a patient of Dr. MacCarthy in the end of 2013. We went to her because I was getting treated for PCOS. Dr. McCarthy put me on a strict di..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is excellent and personable... She truly cares about her patients and treats them like family... WE LOVE Dr. MK!"

June 15, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.ivf.com" to "http://www.ivf.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "30301" to "30342". Address has been updated from "None" to "5445 Meridian Marks Rd NE". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14048432229".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy-Keith is so sweet and compassionate. She is smart and to the point but you really feel like you can talk to her openly. She has a great smile and..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy-Keith is an amazing doctor. Within 1 meeting she ordered all of the tests I needed to find out the cause of my infertility. After my diagnosis of 2..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I started out with a doctor at Emory Clinic who I didn't feel was addressing all of my questions/problems related to trying to get pregnant. With advice from m..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is wonderful. She gave us hope when another doctor made conceiving seem impossible. Truly grateful for her and her staff. She was very thorough and comm..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. M-K treated me as an individual and not just a number. I was able to get pregnant after 1 IVF cycle. Her nursing staff is wonderful!"

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK has been a Godsend! After 9 IUIs with other doctors, she was able to give me success of my 1st IVF cycle with her. She was patient, thorough, understandi..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "La Dr. McCarthy es la mejor en reproducion asistida, yo siempre la voy a querer y voy a orar por ella, para q Dios le siga dando tanto conocimiento y pueda a yu..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is fantastic. She truly takes an interest in her patients and their desire to conceive. She's knowledgeable, positive and sensitive to the struggle of ..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 41 years of age and in a same gender relationship. I thought my chances of ever having a child were low to none. Under the guidance of Dr. McCarthy-Keith..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Personable, professional, and confident in her abilities. Wonderful doctor and person!"

January 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After years of trying to conceive and testing and infertility diagnosis we planned to consult a fertility specialist. We met Dr. Keith on our first visit and sh..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK is the best doctor ever. I actually cried when I graduated and had to leave her and her wonderful staff. She is extremely punctual too! Rita, her nurse,..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK was a referral from another physician and could not have been a better choice. She's bright, professional, personable, approachabkr and has impeccable be..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I had been trying to have a baby of our own for 1.5 years prior to coming to GRS. After a particularly difficult round of IVF with a number of se..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy Keith helped us through the most challenging part of our lives! She is a amazing MD and is very good at what she is doing. We loved working with ..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MK really knows what she is doing. I'm actually sitting here holding one of my twins that would not be possible without her assistance. My husband and I str..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McCarthy-Keith is truly an exceptional doctor and positive spirit. She is extremely knowledgeable and has a bedside manner that makes you feel like family..."

September 8, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Desiree" to "Desiree M."

October 21, 2013