Ratings for Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith
We love Dr. McCarthy-Keith (M-K) and her entire staff! Everyone from beginning to end was awesome and we nicknamed Dr. M-K Wonder Woman. Shout out to Nurse Jaclyn who was just as fabulous and very supportive from beginning to end too. Thanks so much again as we are eternally grateful and appreciative of the entire GRS staff. All 10 fingers up for a great place that genuinely cares for you (on time!) and will do all they can to help make your family dreams come true :-)!!
Nobody wants to find themselves needing a reproductive endocrinologist, but if you have to go through this process I would strongly recommend Dr. M-K and the staff at GRS. They always made me feel cared for and it was clear on the tearful day that my husband and I "graduated" with our baby girl on the way that they couldn't have been more genuinely happy for us. Her nurses (Devon, Cherie, Lisa) are great and I couldn't have made it through without Rita who went above and beyond to take care of me. The front desk greeted me by name and everyone was always so friendly.
Dr. MK was referred to me by a friend and it was the best decision I EVER made. From the very first appointment and 6 months later walking out with our ultrasound pictures of our twins we were so happy with Dr. MK, the staff and the experience of dealing with fertility. It is cliche to say, but you start to feel like family. They are encouraging, positive and overall a wonderful facility when having to deal with the ups and downs of fertility. The offices are in multiple locations for convenience but lets be honest, I would drive across the state if needed to be able to see Dr. MK and staff. They are genuinely good people are are not just in it to take your money, they want to see you succeed and have an honest interest in how you are feeling and what you go through. We went to a different office in Atlanta at first and were disappointed off the bat. Thank goodness we found Dr. MK. We could not be happier or more grateful.
I am extremely happy with the care I received from Dr. McCarthy-Keith. In all honesty, knowing it takes time to get in to see a specialist, I was amaze how the staff got me in within 48 hours of my call. Her bedside manners are hardly seen anymore and she took the time to listen. I did not feel like another chart, but rather a person. The staff was friendly and welcoming; they actually would take me in, when I would arrive an hour early rather than had me wait. They were honest and very helpful. I am very grateful I had her for doctor, even if it was for a very short period of time.
IVF Help Prevents SCD & Found HLA Match Sickle cell disease (SCD) is a group of inherited red blood cell disorders. Healthy red blood cells are round, and they move through small blood vessels to carry oxygen to all parts of the body. In someone who has SCD, the red blood cells become hard and sticky and look like a C-shaped farm tool called a “sickle”. The sickle cells die early, which causes a constant shortage of red blood cells. Also, when they travel through small blood vessels, they get stuck and clog the blood flow. This can cause pain and other serious problems such as infection, acute chest syndrome, organ damage, and stroke. The only cure for SCD is bone marrow or stem cell transplant. Bone marrow or stem cell transplants are very risky, and can have serious side effects, including death. For the transplant to work, the bone marrow must be a close match. Usually, the best donor is 100% sibling match (www.cdc.gov). I did not find out I had sickle cell trait until I was in my second trimester with my daughter. Then my husband also had to be tested, he also had sickle cell trait. My OB informed us my daughter had 25% chance of having SCD. As Christians; my husband and I strongly believed she will fall into the 75% group. September 29, 2015, exactly one month after delivery; we found ourselves at Children Hospital Atlanta AFLAC, confirming she has SCD. The emotions were raw; devastated, angry, disappointed, extreme guilt, just to mention a few. We channeled all energy towards finding a cure. After some research, we end up at Dr. DMK's office August 21, 2015. Although I was taking necessary medical steps to avoid having another child with SCD and desperately finding a cure for my daughter; my spirit diverged. I felt conflicted trusting God by trying a natural way or trusting God to use science to bring a solution. Dr. DMK’s calm demeanor, indescribable bedside manner, professionalism, empathetic connection, positive energy, and most importantly her strong faith in God naturally instilled peace to my soul. Sounds crazy, but I can’t explain it. I truly believe Dr. DMK is an angel created specifically to lift off burdens of women. Dr. DMK is not only a great doctor but an astounding human being. Words are not enough to describe how incredible Dr. DMK is. I will always hold her dear to my heart. Currently 10 weeks pregnant. My son is SCD free and HLA match for his sister. ONLY God did it but he used his angel Dr. Desiree Monique McCarthy-Keith and I’m eternally grateful. YES! YES!! YES!!! I recommend Dr. DMK one hundred billion times. You won’t regret it.
Dr. MK is a phenomenal doctor, she started walking me through a process that I have never walk through before my fiance met her one time and was like man she is mad cool and funny I'm glad that I met her she will forever be a part of my life and when I have this baby I'm going to send pictures and emails and take her up there to go see her and her staff. thank you so much for all you have done in my life. you are awesome doctor and a phenomenal lady God bless you.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith (MK) is a brilliant and amazing reproductive endocrinologist. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 3 1/2 years. My gynecologist referred me to Dr. MK and it was the best referral I have ever received. She was able to find the cause of my infertility and immediately put me on a plan. A year and a half later, I am now pregnant for the first time ever, and with twins. Dr. MK's bedside manner and professionalism are top-notch. You do not feel like a number or just another patient. Her and her phenomenal staff really care about you. I must say that because of the care that I received at Georgia Reproductive Specialists (GRS) and specifically from Dr. MK, I now expect the same level of care with any doctor that I see. Dr. MK has definitely set the bar. In my opinion, she is the best Reproductive Endocrinologist in Atlanta. I am truly going to miss her and the team at GRS.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith at Georgia Reproductive Specialists is the top IVF doctor in the Atlanta and Alpharetta area in my opinion. I was so thankful that my OB/GYN recommended her because as a result I am currently 3 months pregnant on my first try at 39 years old! Dr. McCarthy-Keith is not only an expert but is professional, supportive, with a positive attitude and I felt an empathetic connection from her. She listened and answered all my questions. Not only was the Alpharetta office convenient for me, she also works with a team of doctors and staff that are all there to support as well. I would recommend her to anyone looking for fertility treatment.
My husband and I were unsure where to do IVF with. Initially we were looking at Emory hospital. We attended their IVF seminar but didn't feel like Emory is the right fit for us. It is huge and super busy place. We kind of felt overlooked and felt like we were just another patient. Then we came across GRS and attended the seminar. It has such a warm, personal and family feel. Dr. MK was there and was very pleasant. She always made herself available for our questions. IVF is a very stressful and expensive situation. It is not easy so we wanted to go where we feel most comfortable, at ease, and cared for. We found that we got more time and attention and one on one time with Dr. MK and her staff. They were always there for us and understanding of our stress and anxiety and were available whenever we have questions or concerns, even through email. Dr. MK goes over everything to prepare you for IVF. She administers all necessary tests and procedures and medications to ensure maximum and safe success. We got pregnant at the second try! We are now ten weeks along and we got released today to regular ob/gyn. We had great experience with Dr. MK and GRS and highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Dr. McCarthy Keith is compassionate and knowledgeable. She does not give you the run-around and genuinely cares about your health and pregnancy outcome. She exudes positive energy which I think is very important for someone going through infertility. I appreciate her candor and helpfulness in helping me conceive. I recommend her to the fullest! Her nurse Lisa is great as well. A very good team all in all!
Dr. Desiree M. McCarthy-Keith's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
2010 Combined Federal Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility National Institutes of Health Bethesda, Maryland 2003 Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology Duke University Medical Center Durham, North Carolina 1999 M.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina 1999 M.P.H, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina 1994 B.S. in Chemistry University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Grad. 1999)
Areas of Expertise
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Egg freezing
- Uterine fibroids
- Female infertility
- Male infertility
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
Top Hospitals in Atlanta, GA
Top Urgent Care Centers in Atlanta, GA
Find a Doctor by Specialty
Top Reproductive Endocrinologists
#1 of 37
#2 of 37
#3 of 37
#4 of 37
#5 of 37