Ratings for Dr. Desmond Cheng

I have been going to Dr. Cheng for more than 18 years. He is so helpful and knowledgeable. He offers good advice for his patients and treats them with respect! Only thing is he is always busy so you will need to book appointments a few months in advance to secure a good time slot.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Not experience at all. After an eyes exam using eye drops to dilate my pupils on July,17,2013. The day after I found out some oil inside my eyes at the corner, I came back to see him and he said it is allergy and first time told me to using cromolyn, after using it for three weeks, the symptom is persist but still comfortable. Second time he gave me the prescription eye drops pataday, after using it for six days, my eyes was getting worsen and watery eyes, and then he gave me the prescription eye onitment tobradex using for 14 days on September 2013, during the treatment my eye felt really discomfort, after 14 days, the symptom is still persist. He sent me to the specialist on October 2013, the doctor said I have a dry eyes, no need to take the tobradex onitment, better I only using all the eyes medicine on my left eye, but right now is almost eight months ago, my left eye is still feel Eye Fatigue and discomfort. Why don't you just send me to the eyes specialist at the beginning. Really upset.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

Experience with the Dr. and his office is o.k., but will be better if can arrange to ask the personal medical history info in private instead of doing it at the front desk ( where everybody can hear the details) . Also, should checking personal medical history be done by the doctor and not by normal receptionist?

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

My entire family are regular patients of Dr. Desmond Cheng for approximately 10 years. I have to say Dr. Cheng is one of the best Optometrist I have ever met and so are his staff! Our appointments were always punctual. The staff never overbooks patients. When we have questions / concerns, the staffs always passed our concerns to the Dr. and return our calls with helpful suggestions. Many a times when our glasses need adjustment, the staffs always tried to help. All fees were explained prior to bookings. We never got any surprises. And when there is special discount, the staff always let us know in advance and suggested to change appointment date (as we all have to pay for the visit, no insurance). Where can you find helpful staffs like them? It is rare. I would highly recommend Dr. Desmond Cheng if you need help with your vision/eyes. He is great Dr. and he has excellent team! Bernadette

Submitted October 11, 2013

Terrible receptionist - poor attitude and not professional at all.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013