Ratings for Dr. Bernhardt Rothschild

Does not have a very good bedside manner...was quite uncomfortable with him and my blood pressure went up everytime i walked in his office. Found a woman doc that I like 100% better and who is alot gentler.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2009

no bedside manners. He doesn't want you to ask questions. When you do he gets mad. I wouldn't recommend him at all!!!!!!! You are just another number with him....

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

I hsve been a patient for 29 years. He has always had a great bedside manner and great professional skills. He is far from egotistical in fact is more humble than he should be. I have also sent my daughter to him as she was not recieving appropriate care in Austin. He is always professional and cares for all his patients. I am sorry that some people have had bad experiences with Dr. Rothschild, I think that his concern for a positive out come of all of his patientss may distract him at times. This may apprear to be indiffrence but instead it shows the depth of his devotion to his patients. He is now on the staff of medical schools indicates that he is highly regarded by his peers.To a patient it indicates his skill abilities. It is sad that no award is given for concern for your patients regardles of their economic status. I hope that the new graduates of medical schools are learning to be at least a fraction of what this man is.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Rothschild has been my doctor for about 12 years. He is a perfectionist and takes great care to make sure his diagnosis is correct before recommending corrective procedures. He is extremely thorough and takes great care to explain everything as simply as possible to the patient. When I first started seeing him years ago, I felt that his bedside manner was lacking and he seemed a bit impersonal. I have seen him mellow and develop over the years. I now find him and his wonderful staff to be very personable and they have all been very supportive and caring through some very stressful medical conditions I have experienced over the years. I highly recommend him and his staff to anyone. He is the only obgyn I feel comfortable with trusting my health and wellbeing to.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

I find him not willing to spend time talking with his patients but seems to have time to point out what a great dr. he is. i changed drs. and will never go back to him or send any one to him. not a nice staff either they are not helpful or nice

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

I found him to be kind, gentle and understanding. Could spend a little more time with patients.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2007

I saw him as a teenager a few years ago for a potential STD, he said if he treated me, he would have to tell my parents (violation of Dr/patient confidentiality). I absolutely could not tell my parents (would have been kicked out of the house according to their rules). I said nevermind, I 'probably' don't have an STD & he let me leave the office w/out treatment (violation of hypocratic oath) & without a referrel to a confidential clinic. Thankfully I found a place on my own & received confidential testing & treatment. Very bad way to treat patients, especially for OB/Gyn MD. At least provide a referrel. Could have damaged my health. This story is 100% true.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2006

Dr. Bernhardt Rothschild's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1977)