Ratings for Dr. Howard Chen

I have had knee pain for 7 months. Had MRI, Xrays, Ultra Sound and did therapy for 3 months. All said I have arthritis even though I knew the pain was different because I had a full knee replacement on my other leg. Dr. Chen diagnose the problem within 5 minutes being tibfib joint. He put a band below my knee and the pain was gone. One of the few Doctors that listen to me and I am grateful because I'm pain free.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

He may know a lot, but my experience with him was bad. I found him rude and his manner unhelpful. He gave me few options. On the day I went, he did not behave like a caring medical professional. I might as well have been at McDonalds. I suggest he revisit why he wants to be a doctor. Perhaps working with people is better suited to others.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Chen has been very helpful with my knee and ankle problems. He has gotten to the root of issues that plagued me for years. After a recent knee injury, he was able to pinpoint why it wasn't improving. He works closely with my physiotherapist to ensure resolution of the problem. I did have to wait, but he understands my problem over time and has been far more helpful than any other sports medicine doctor I've seen.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

He is not a surgeon, he is a sports medicine physician and he is the best doctor that I met in Toronto. I've seen numerous doctors about my leg problem and after almost 4 years of living in pain and at one step of surgery I met Dr Chen who in few minutes identified my problem (an ankle injury which in time affected my knee and hip) and gave me solutions to avoid the surgery. He recommended to use a support for my leg that really helped with the pain and occasional limping. I did as well physiotherapy at one of Athlete’s Care Sports Medicine Centers where he works and he was seeing me regularly, always with answers to any questions, with patience to explain what happened and what I need to do or not to do, always very friendly and optimistic. He helped me as well during my pregnancy when because of the weigh on top of the old affection (although treated but still sensible) my hips where not align properly and I had the worse back pain. Yes usually it's hard to get an appointment if it's not an emergency (it's the same with all the good doctors anyway), because he is super busy , but it's worth the waiting.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I've seen numerous sports doctors before about my leg problem to no avail. Until I was recommended Dr. Chen by a colleague, and I must say he is one of those rare doctors that actually knows what he's doing thoroughly. Within minutes, he identified the root of my pain and was able to give me a diagnosis which proved to help me heal! He's easy going and super friendly. I'd easily say he's one of the, if not the best sports medicine doctors in Toronto. Hands down.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Chen is a miracle worker! Between balance issues, hip and glute pain, as well as severe night pain down my leg, I was at my wit's end. Dr. Chen conducted the most thorough assessment, identified my problem and prescribed an IT band support, plus physio. Within days, the night pain disappeared. The hip and glute pain when I rose from a chair, climbed or descended stairs, etc, disappeared almost overnight. I can't believe how much better I feel. Between the support band, the physio and stretching/exercises I will do religiously, I foresee a future without pain where I can resume the gym workouts I had begun avoiding. I even see some yoga balance poses in my future. Thanks Dr. Chen!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

Patient and really takes the time to figure out the problem. He never seems to be in a rush, which is reassuring.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr. Chen is an outstanding sports medicine doctor. I've seen him twice and each time he has determined the root cause of my problem in about 10 minutes, and provided a solution for me. He seems to do this with some simple biomechanical tests (low tech) and his detailed understanding of human kinetics. Even the interns shake their heads at how quickly he is able to diagnose complex problems. He is unlike any doctor I have had before. I cannot comment on general medicine, but if you have a sports medicine problem or injury, I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

I have seen this Dr. for over a year fro a severe ankle sprain. I left the clinic this afternoon and twisted my ankle and asked to come back for help. Theuy said they were fully booked and could not see me until Monday!!I went to the Omega clinic clinic on Kingston Road and had FAR superior treatment.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012