Ratings for Dr. Neil Cleaver

After having surgery with Neil I am experiencing more pain in several places in my spine that I didn’t have before, abdominal pain and nerve pain in my hips and legs. I am now basically bedridden and no longer can sleep or enjoy life. I rather be dead than live like this. He isn’t interested in helping when things go wrong. My life is ruined. This guy should not be aloud to operate anymore. His preferred neurologist isn’t interested either. Don’t even consider this “Doctor” at all,

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

I am now seeking legal action on his failed surgery done late at night when he was extremely fatigued. Inferred that complications since was all in my head. He can’t think outside of mris when it comes to scans. Do your own research. When I had a bone scan elsewhere the problem was found. . If you have neurological problems don’t go to his preferred neurologist. They are just as bad.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Had some extremely helpful treatment from Neil about 5yrs ago. After an accident earlier this year we contacted neil after having severe back pains and extreme burning down one leg . At the start Leigh was as helpful As he was years ago until last week after the 2nd treatment where he kept me in hospital waiting on a Dr Cleaver from holiday , After 3 days in hospital at Pindara Leigh decided I should try and manage my pain at home which I tried , I then saw dr Cleaver a few days later who told me a different story to Leigh and that it was in my head and it will fix itself . In the same time Leigh cancelled all my forward appointments and procedures. After too much pain I presented to Pindara emergency where after 1 day I was told that Leigh and Neil decided that they wouldn’t treat me no more .funny thing is 1 hr later after a ct guided injection into spine the pain has lessened I find both these surgeons disgraceful and wouldn’t recommend to anyone as they are arrogant and are all about money which they were happy to take when my back was done but now they are just arrogant pigs, they couldn’t even give me a reason why they wouldn’t treat me anymore. These r professionals and should act like one and be honest. A complaint is also being made with the medical board and Pindara are investigating

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

I suffered 3 years of constant pain that was the result of a bladder operation (I could not even roll over in bed and had been in pain since I recovered consciousness after the operation). A friend who had been treated by Dr Neil Cleaver told me about him. Neil was so thorough in checking my spine. He discovered I had fractured my spine when I was 12, which was unknown to me, and explained that the way I would have been twisted during the bladder operation had aggravated this old injury. Neil explained the whole fusion procedure to my husband and I. During the operation he found the right side of my spine was very brittle so had to alter the planned procedure for this side as the screws wouldn't hold. That would have been the last thing he wanted near the conclusion of the operation! It is now 10 months later. I am pain free and enjoying my life. On my next birthday I will be 70. I cannot speak highly enough of Neil's skills and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

I developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome after having surgery with this doctor. Do yourself a favour and go next door and see Dr Tan.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Always running late. I am sure Neil brings a lot of relief to most patients however my story is similar to the one below whereby the 30 year guy has disabling back pain. Instead of fusion Neil opted for replacements which gave more mobility to an already unstable area to the point where my spinal cord is being pinched when I bend. I am now in excruciating pain. He doesn't want anything to do with me because he hates being wrong.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

I lay awake night after night in agony because of this surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

This guy has ruined my life and my families. I am in such chronic pain which I didn't have before surgery. Other surgeons I've seen since for an opinion claim he performed it incorrectly. I fear I may never see my children's graduation, 21st, wedding or be a grandparent as the pain is so bad suicide is highly likely. This is something he will never understand.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

This surgeon is amazing and has transformed my life. Dr Cleaver fused my lower spine then 2 days later performed disc replacement, prior to surgery I could hardly sleep or walk properly being so uncomfortable and now 12 months later no problems at all. I have so much faith in this surgeon and I would never think about a second opinion. I feel like I owe so much to this specialist.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Made my pain worse and also gave me other chronic pains issues that has destroyed my life.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018