Ratings for Dr. Neil Cleaver

I have seen this doctor several times. He always looks tired and dishevelled. Doctors like this are overworked. It's a concern if you are being operated on and they are in this state. Even Doctors like Neil have bad days.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

To the comment below, your rating does not justify this good surgeon or perhaps you are just jealous of how good he is.. Who will rush into a surgery without getting a few consultation unless is urgent. We are not stupid and this an't free surgery. Surely there are difference method and difference hardware use, therefore you need a few consult before having the right procedure. I am sure we are educated before we decide the surgery, and even this surgeon told me the percentage of good and bad. SPINE SURGERY SURELY AIN'T FUN, ONLY USE IT AS LAST OPTION. I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

If you are thinking of having spinal surgery think twice. Be careful of the surgeon you choose and where the operation is being performed. Also research the type of hardware they are using as they are not all the same.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I can only thank Dr Cleaver from the bottom of my heart, as he has restored my ability to walk and stand again. I had severe nerve pain, which was crippling me. He performed an Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion on L2/3 and L3/4 vertebrae, together with a Posterior Stabilising Fusion. At seven weeks, I have no nerve pain in my right upper leg. I am recovering well from the operation with muscle tightness only, which responds well to massage. I am indebted to this wonderful surgeon for giving me "quality of life" and for his professionalism at all levels. I now look forward to being completely mobile, rather than spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair. Thank you Dr Cleaver. I happily recommend you as a marvellous surgeon and very professional medical specialist.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

After 5yrs of pain Dr Cleaver operated on me just 3 days ago. I am feeling great. He was very knowledgeable and made sure I felt comfortable pre op as well as post op. Definately recommend him to anyone needing disc replacement surgery or spinal fusion :-)

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

It is unfair to see the review here, even top notch surgeon has bad outcome patient. I am sure Dr Cleaver did said some might be worse after surgery. He is not chatty but honest surgeon and in my case he did not even push me for surgery and ask me to see a endocrinologist to get a clearance before i return to see him in 3 month. I am now 3 week post ops, during my stay in hospital, i have met a couple of patient after surgery, all of us has a good result although we are in pain but we can walk slowly the next day. He visited us during weekend, so what can you ask for more with this surgeon. He has help so many people and even i knew a guy was botched by another surgeon from Sunshine Coast and Dr Cleaver help by giving him a new life before his baby girl was born. I am sure we will not be 100% heal but i am sure we will have a better quality of life. I was being push away by 5 surgeon before i met Dr Cleaver and some want to fuse me. I have a LP-ESP Artificial Disc Replacement on my L5S1 and i am doing good at my 3 week. Thank you so much Dr Cleaver, you are the best.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

This doctor should be named after someone who sells meat. His botched surgery has probably decreased my life expectancy by 20 years and left me in chronic pain. How do I tell my kids I won't be there for their graduation or wedding.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

12 months ago I had spine surgery with Dr Cleaver. First a disc replacement in my neck then 6 months later a disc replacement in my lumbar. C7 and S1. Both surgeries were on the gold coast and now I have my life back. For anyone contemplating spine disc replacement for there chronic pain I highly recommend Dr Cleaver. In each case I stayed on hospital only one night. After the cervical I had a sore throat and a husky voice for a week and after the lumbar I had a few injections for some post-surgery pain but ALL my nerve pain has gone and after 20 years of daily headaches I now don't take OxyContin. My life is back thanks to his surgery and I would strongly recommend getting an opinion from Dr Cleaver before having surgery. Also I found him to be only person that actually took me seriously and actually listened. Beryl T.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr cleaver ruined my back. Had surgery in 2010 and 2012 with this dr. He is rude, arrogant and if you question him he comes across as aggressive. I'm left with ongoing chronic pain and a disc replacement I didn't need. I have ongoing nerve damage one nerve was caused by his side approach: the other nerve damaged was before surgery and hasn't regenerated. The first surgery he went through my abdomen and used the wrong sutures resulting in my wound opening and me being left with a horrible red lumpy scar 7 years later.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

If you intend on getting surgery, see a neurosurgeon in a hospital that has the facilities and resources such as the mater neuroscience centre. My spinal cord has been damaged and now suffer irreversible symptoms which i will have to retire from work.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017